• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 23rd March - Netherlands 0-1 England

football forum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Rashford is so isolated. Holland seem to be playing the same system as well, and the same is happening to Dost.

1 striker up against 3 defenders. Makes for a less than inspiring game so far. 

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

Dutch police are not really heavy handed all the time as they know trouble we esculate if they do, there is footage of police hitting English to restore order.

I think they have a reputation for being quite mellow. I remember in euro 2000 they were really good and kept order well through being relaxed

On 21/02/2018 at 14:11, Danny said:

It should be a minimum expectation that we win this, Netherlands are shit but still hold a certain level of history and respect as a footballing nation. Phsycologically we need to go out and beat them and hopefully that can help build a winning foundation against better sides.

But this is England so a 2-2 draw, last minute equaliser to us or them.

I like Holland. But this is the worst Dutch side i've seen in my time of following football. I'll be disappointed if we don't win tonight Holland have been very poor

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I like Holland. But this is the worst Dutch side i've seen in my time of following football. I'll be disappointed if we don't win tonight Holland have been very poor

Have just been poor because of the formation. Needs Kluivert and De Beek on and it be completely different. 

It's nice to see us play a more progressive type of football, Holland are pressing us but without full intensity which is perhaps making things a little easier. We're failing to get in between the lines enough though, we look good at the back on the ball but from the midfield onward poor.

13 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Have just been poor because of the formation. Needs Kluivert and De Beek on and it be completely different. 

Every formation gets criticised. Saying a different formation would work is speculative. Holland have played the wrong formation before and still played much better. Like I said I like Holland but they are a poor side at the moment

3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

It's nice to see us play a more progressive type of football, Holland are pressing us but without full intensity which is perhaps making things a little easier. We're failing to get in between the lines enough though, we look good at the back on the ball but from the midfield onward poor.

The thing is performances have to turn into victories. Its no good saying we played well but lost. I'd rather play shit and win

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I like the starting eleven tbh, I do think we'll need Lallana in midfield as he's our most creative midfielder 

you like having the best right-wing-back playing at CB? 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Other than that haha. Who else we got at centre back?

well Maguire, Gomez & Stones could have started and have Walker starting instead of Trippier. 

Also got Mawson and Tarkowski who could play CB. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

well Maguire, Gomez & Stones could have started and have Walker starting instead of Trippier. 

Also got Mawson and Tarkowski who could play CB. 

I understand if he's just going for a bit more experience, hope Tarkowski gets on as that means money money money for the striking cunt 

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - Netherlands 0-1 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived