talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2017/18 - 26^ Giornata [24/02 - 26/02]

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - Thanks it from the San Siro. 2-0 Inter.

Much different from Inter in the second half. We pressed them more and more until we broke them down to open up the match and then Rannochia put it away.

Huge win, and now we can enjoy the rest of the weekend before the Milano Derby next weekend.

3 hours ago, Dalmore said:

I disagree here. It is not a huge win. It's an embarrassing win. We played against the weakest team of Serie A and we struggled. Milan is getting better while we are getting worse.

Listen - I want to be in the CL next year, and for that to happen, we needed to win. Somehow Benevento has found some form as of late, while we have struggled in 2018. It's a huge win because for 1 half of football, we played like a team that cared, that could press, and that could create chance, after chance, after chance.

I never understand those who aren't happy with a win, especially when you have been playing so poorly as of late, and even did so in the first half.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Listen - I want to be in the CL next year, and for that to happen, we needed to win. Somehow Benevento has found some form as of late, while we have struggled in 2018. It's a huge win because for 1 half of football, we played like a team that cared, that could press, and that could create chance, after chance, after chance.

I never understand those who aren't happy with a win, especially when you have been playing so poorly as of late, and even did so in the first half.

i don't think they're unhappy with 3 points. but sometimes you can be upset about the standard of performance despite getting those 3 points. 

At the end of the day it's the result that matters, but sometimes 3 points can paper over the cracks of what's wrong at the club. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

i don't think they're unhappy with 3 points. but sometimes you can be upset about the standard of performance despite getting those 3 points. 

At the end of the day it's the result that matters, but sometimes 3 points can paper over the cracks of what's wrong at the club. 

But in this particular instance, that god awful performance in the first half was followed up by a dominating one in the second. 

I do understand and have felt 'bad' after a win because we either didn't look good at all, or of a bad call, but after losing to Genoa, SPAL ,and other 'bottom' teams, and playing a portion of this game as the dominant team, I just don't understand the negativity.

SPAL is absolutely battering Crotone in this relegation battle. I had thought that if Crotone were to get 3 points, this relegation battle may be over this year, but if SPAL can hang on for 30 more minutes, we have ourselves a genuine race.

That was odd. SPAL do a sub in the 80th minute, the SPAL player coming off gets emotional, the ref shows him a yellow, the player then loses it, and the refs looks to have shown him another yellow.

However, it looks like SPAL were still allowed to make that sub so they are playing a full squad. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived