• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 25 Fixtures - 21-26th February, 2018

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Stan said:

always knew @SirBalon was racist. Ignoring my comments acting like I'm not here. shocking stuff tbh. 

I answered Cannabis coz it was the last post mate. xD

Got to be honest that I didn’t expect something as blatant as this result against Girona.

Barça’s form is rather curious in truth. They’ve been very consistent as far as results go this season but within that we’ve seen major ups and many professional performances without too much flair. I can’t work out where these massive performances come from. 

Well - heavy rains are in the forecast here in Atlanta, which means that my race tomorrow may be cancelled. The even BETTER news is that this means I'll be able to watch the Sevilla vs Atletico match.

Let's pray for rain

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Well - heavy rains are in the forecast here in Atlanta, which means that my race tomorrow may be cancelled. The even BETTER news is that this means I'll be able to watch the Sevilla vs Atletico match.

Let's pray for rain

I think you’re able to watch more La Liga football than me mate. xD

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We've said many teams this season that Barcelona have put in a ''professional performance'' without smashing teams out of the park. Yesterday however was exactly that and very surprising against what is a well drilled Girona side. Had the away side held that 1-0 lead for a bit longer then things might have been different but obviously that wasn't the case. 

When the likes of Suarez, Messi and Coutinho all ''tick'' then there's really nothing the opposition can do. Nobody would have saved Messi's ''low'' free-kick and nobody would have saved Coutinho's long range effort. The other goals you can try to dissect but again, this is Barcelona and on their day they're unplayable. 

The great thing about that game where Barça is concerned is that we had all the typical types of Barcelona-esque goals you would traditionally tend to see in one game. The only goal missing was a header, but headers aren't exactly the "Barça Way" but under Valverde we have seen more recently. Great combo play, shots and high pressing.  All there!

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Exactly mate, it was a fantastic game of football to watch. 

We also mustn't forget that save from ter Stegen at the end, granted it would have only made the game 6-2 had it gone in but it was still a brilliant bit of reaction play. For me, he has to start ahead of Neuer at the World Cup.

For me too... Ter Stegen is on a different level to Neuer and I'm talking about Neuer before his injury. Not that Manuel Neuer has lowered his levels or anything of the sort, but that Ter Stegen is better (for me) than Neuer ever was.  For me there are three keepers in the world at a different level which are De Gea, Ter Stegen and Oblak.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I think you’re able to watch more La Liga football than me mate. xD

haha I have fubo.tv, and they play every La Liga match.

Villareal 1 - 0 Getafe although the latter is looking more dangerous.

22 minutes ago, Eco said:

haha I have fubo.tv, and they play every La Liga match.

Villareal 1 - 0 Getafe although the latter is looking more dangerous.

It's not the accessibility mate... Got the subscriptions but my wife doesn't let me watch all the football I used to! :(

Just now, SirBalon said:

It's not the accessibility mate... Got the subscriptions but my wife doesn't let me watch all the football I used to! :(

Haha - it's 8 am right now so my wife won't be awake for awhile.

17 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Girona rent boys...

Against Chelsea I didn't even notice Suarez was playing and now he scored 3 goals and made 2 assists.

But then again Real Madrid beat PSG and they drew against a third division Spanish side 2-2 (Fuenlabrada) or then lost against Leganés and ALSO lost against Girona.  :o 

Atlético Madrid have been on hot form for almost 3 months now and they haven't given up on La Liga. Remember that both Barça and Atleti still have to meet again which could be a big 3 pointer. Whatever happened to Atlético Madrid in the first months of La Liga really damaged them because they have the squad to compete with anyone and their Champions League hopes were also scuppered during that odd lack of form. That win at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuan against Sevilla is a message because it isn't easy to win in that manner in Seville.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Altético Madrid have been on hot form for almost 3 months now and they haven't given up on La Liga. Remember that both Barça and Atleti still have to meet again which could be a big 3 pointer. Whatever happened to Atlético Madrid in the first months of La Liga really damaged them because they have the squad to compete with anyone and their Champions League hopes were also scuppered during that odd lack of form. That win at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuan against Sevilla is a message because it isn't easy to win in that manner in Seville.

that's next Sunday's game isn't it?

Those first few months of the season had to be down to adapting to the new stadium, for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's next Sunday's game isn't it?

Those first few months of the season had to be down to adapting to the new stadium, for sure. 

Must be down to that because if we look at those odd results, most of them came at home especially in the Champions League.  Moving stadium is always traumatic, but when you move from such a cult stadium like the Vicente Calderón, then it's got to be more accentuated.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived