talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anyone is going to visit Nizhny Novgorod?

I'm Nikolay, and I'm from Russia, Nizhny Novgorod - the city, that will be a part of WorldCup 2018. 

I'm not an expert in English and in football, but still this is an opportunity to see real English fans in our city :)

Is anybody going to visit NiNo?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Nichao said:

I'm Nikolay, and I'm from Russia, Nizhny Novgorod - the city, that will be a part of WorldCup 2018. 

I'm not an expert in English and in football, but still this is an opportunity to see real English fans in our city :)

Oh aye, yeah.

"It was at that moment Nikolay invited his new English friends to his friendly local in NiNo to meet his friendly mates..."

This_World_Russias_Hooligan_Ar.jpg

Sadly, I'm not going. Can't be arsed to pay an obscene amount of money to watch England disappoint the shit out of me and then get 7 shades of shit kicked out of me by "football fans" who are stuck in the fucking 80s with their hooliganism.

7 hours ago, Nichao said:

Hello Nikolay and welcome to the forum :)

Personally I am not going, England's fans reputation across the world of being drunk, anti-social morons unfortunately makes anybody who goes travelling with England in a large group of males a target for violence. I would only consider it if it was through work or if i was with family, but neither of those options are available.

I hope you enjoy the World Cup being hosted in your City and that it's an amazing experience. 

I'm not going but I'm sure it will be a great experience to have foreign fans in your city. I was working in Cologne during the 2006 World Cup in Germany, and it was amazing to see so many different nationalities united for one event. Welcome to the forum, Nicolay :)

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

How far do you think you can go in the tournament mate? Welcome to the forum too :).

The team is too weak.. I saw it's play last summer, on confederation's cup and in contrast with Portugal and Mexico this was clear. But maybe a miracle? :)

On 2/21/2018 at 17:12, Nichao said:

Здравствуйте Nichao. 

My family is from Russia, Yaroslavl to be exact. Welcome to the forums. 

We thought we might get some of the WC games but sadly the city of Yaroslavl wasn't chosen otherwise I would have been there all summer. 

20 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Police officer dies after clashes between Bilbao and Spartak fans. Just a small reminder what's going to happen in the Summer. Are we having a 'How many people are gunna die in Russia' Prediction Thread?

You'd have to be absolutely mad to go there this summer

21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You'd have to be absolutely mad to go there this summer

I’d love to go and realistically, it’s probably my last chance of going now I’m 26. I imagine it’s such a fantastic experience usually but being English, you’re just putting yourself in danger, if you ask me. 

18 hours ago, Eco said:

Здравствуйте Nichao. 

My family is from Russia, Yaroslavl to be exact. Welcome to the forums. 

We thought we might get some of the WC games but sadly the city of Yaroslavl wasn't chosen otherwise I would have been there all summer. 

Oh, Really?, your mom's part i suppose? Nice surprise anyway, now i like you even more.:D I love Russian culture and wouldn't mind living there if it wasn't for the extreme climate and language.

And welcome Nikolay, we share names, i just got the Latin version. :P

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Oh, Really?, your mom's part i suppose? Nice surprise anyway, now i like you even more.:D I love Russian culture and wouldn't mind living there if it wasn't for the extreme climate and language.

Russia's huge, not all of it has extreme climate. Move near the Black Sea (e.g. Sochi), and you'll have nice mild subtropical climate...

The language is not that bad, to be honest.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Russia's huge, not all of it has extreme climate. Move near the Black Sea (e.g. Sochi), and you'll have nice mild subtropical climate...

The language is not that bad, to be honest.

Yep, i know. In fact Sochi's climate is not that different from BA's (also humid subtropical). But i'd prefer something more like Rio's, preferably 24-30C thorough all the year. :$

I suppose speaking wouldn't be THAT difficult, but writing and reading in Cyrillic with all those weird letters... that's another level hehe.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yep, i know. In fact Sochi's climate is not that different from BA's (also humid subtropical). But i'd prefer something more like Rio's, preferably 24-30C thorough all the year. :$

I suppose speaking wouldn't be THAT difficult, but writing and reading in Cyrillic with all those weird letters... that's another level hehe.

Oh I hear you, the climate is one of the reasons I moved down here xD 24-34C throughout the year, just perfect.

Cyrillic only looks challenging, it just takes time getting used to, hehe. Much better than some Asian scripts that look like a drunk hen stumbled across a sheet of paper :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Berserker said:

And welcome Nikolay, we share names, i just got the Latin version. :P

Yep. It's the Mom's side. I also love Russian culture, chess, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Swan Lake, and Vodka :ay:

The whole county doesn't have terrible weather, but Yaroslavl is North enough that they have really bad winters. My maternal grandfather lives in Nivorbrisk (sp?), which is within the Artic Circle.

22 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yep. It's the Mom's side. I also love Russian culture, chess, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Swan Lake, and Vodka :ay:

The whole county doesn't have terrible weather, but Yaroslavl is North enough that they have really bad winters. My maternal grandfather lives in Nivorbrisk (sp?), which is within the Artic Circle.

Nice, I would like to experiment a Russian Christmas first-hand, 6 straight days of drinking and celebrations, or so i heard. :P

Yeah, that must be tough though.

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Nice, I would like to experiment a Russian Christmas first-hand, 6 straight days of drinking and celebrations, or so i heard. :P

Yeah, that must be tough though.

Yeah - and there are things about Russia which are hard for me to really tolerate. Almost no apartment has A/C, so if there is a heat wave, you are screwed. All apartments have radiators, so if it gets warm during the winter months, those radiators will still be on full blast because they are controlled by the city and not individual user.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - and there are things about Russia which are hard for me to really tolerate. Almost no apartment has A/C, so if there is a heat wave, you are screwed. All apartments have radiators, so if it gets warm during the winter months, those radiators will still be on full blast because they are controlled by the city and not individual user.

Lol, that thing about the rads sounds crazy. It's my preferred heating system along with underfloor heating but not being able to control them myself would be nuts.

Archived