talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anyone is going to visit Nizhny Novgorod?

Just now, Berserker said:

Lol, that thing about the rads sounds crazy. It's my preferred heating system along with underfloor heating but not being able to control them myself would be nuts.

Yeah - and it could have changed, I have been there in 7-8 years. I much preferred to living in China.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah - and it could have changed, I have been there in 7-8 years. I much preferred to living in China.

China is also somewhere i'd like to visit, some cities look amazing and there's a lot of diversity between them. Pollution would be my main issue, as well as the language of course.

Just now, Berserker said:

China is also somewhere i'd like to visit, some cities look amazing and there's a lot of diversity between them. Pollution would be my main issue, as well as the language of course.

Go to Xi'an. It's not as dirty, VERY OLD, and has a fair amount of English speakers there.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - and there are things about Russia which are hard for me to really tolerate. Almost no apartment has A/C, so if there is a heat wave, you are screwed. All apartments have radiators, so if it gets warm during the winter months, those radiators will still be on full blast because they are controlled by the city and not individual user.

Central heating like that is the remnant of the Soviet era. If it gets too warm, you just open the window xD 

Just now, nudge said:

Central heating like that is the remnant of the Soviet era. If it gets too warm, you just open the window xD 

Yep - and I'm the type of person that hates sweating unless I'm exerting myself physically, so it's one of my worst nightmares.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yep - and I'm the type of person that hates sweating unless I'm exerting myself physically, so it's one of my worst nightmares.

You know what's worse? Hot water being turned off for about two weeks every year... xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

You know what's worse? Hot water being turned off for about two weeks every year... xD 

That reminds me when I was in China, and things like electricity and water you had to prepare on a card, and once your credits ran out, you had to go and fill them back up.

Well I guess my credits had gone out in the middle of the night, because after a night of...yeah...we got up the next morning to shower and it was ice cold water. It was a hard shower to take while the lady seemed used (maybe too much) to this scenario.

On 24.02.2018 at 15:57, Eco said:

Yeah - and there are things about Russia which are hard for me to really tolerate. Almost no apartment has A/C, so if there is a heat wave, you are screwed. All apartments have radiators, so if it gets warm during the winter months, those radiators will still be on full blast because they are controlled by the city and not individual user.

Actually, it's a bit hard to find any apartment newer than 20 years old without controllable radiators, and newer than 10 years old without A/C :)))   If you are afraid of such problems in NiNo - you can ask me about the apartments you would like to book and i'll tell you is it worth of booking for such price 

13 minutes ago, Nichao said:

Actually, it's a bit hard to find any apartment newer than 20 years old without controllable radiators, and newer than 10 years old without A/C :)))   If you are afraid of such problems in NiNo - you can ask me about the apartments you would like to book and i'll tell you is it worth of booking for such price 

It's alright mate, my family still owns our apartment in yaroslavl so I have a free place to stay when I go.

Archived