talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villarreal's Ruben Semedo Arrested for Attempted Murder

football forum

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Imagine being a professional footballer and commiting a burglary.

not the first time a professional footballer would have stolen something i.e. a living. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Machado explains it well. Social structures and everything that surrounds them are to blame here. Now whether you want to ultimately blame capitalism or governments themselves, we can have a debate. But this is the result and a career based on a lack of cultural assimilation and a good upbringing is paramount. This is class difference at the essence of the problem. 

Portugal's always struck me as odd considering that despite being a little poorer, it's basically a normal European country, except there seems to be a very seperate situation for the population from the former colonies like Cape Verde. You have people from the same city, and some are typical, metropolitan Europeans and some might as well have grown up in the 3rd-world.

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Portugal's always struck me as odd considering that despite being a little poorer, it's basically a normal European country, except there seems to be a very seperate situation for the population from the former colonies like Cape Verde. You have people from the same city, and some are typical, metropolitan Europeans and some might as well have grown up in the 3rd-world.

This doesn’t just happen in Lisbon or Oporto. This we have in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Marseille, Milan, Naples, Berlin, Munich and London amongst other major cities. I can take you to areas of London where you will cover your ears and eyes at the evident poverty and ghetto-like results of capitalism. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They both belong in prison. But they're footballers in/from Spain, let's see what happens.

He belongs in prison because someone was foolish enough to get in the car with a drunk driver?

On 23/02/2018 at 04:11, SirBalon said:

Yep... This case has been in the Spanish media headlines for a while and to be honest it sounds absolutely mental and he looks very culpable and will probably do a long stretch in prison. 

The disparities in pay between the big two clubs and the rest are obviously worse than have been reported if guys  from a club like villareal are turning to robbery.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

not the first time a professional footballer would have stolen something i.e. a living. 

Didn’t David de Gea steal a packet of doughnuts at a supermarket in Manchester? 

The things players have to do these days.

15 hours ago, Spike said:

He belongs in prison because someone was foolish enough to get in the car with a drunk driver?

No he's foolish enough to get in the car and drive it while drunk. If you drink drive and kill someone prison is the place for you.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No he's foolish enough to get in the car and drive it while drunk. If you drink drive and kill someone prison is the place for you.

I can't sympathise with anyone stupid enough to get in a car with a drunk driver just as I can't sympathise the drunk driver themself. It isn't as if he hit some poor soul on the street, people have a responsibility to themselves and they do not lose culpability for their own actions just because they are dead.

Don,t drink and drive and dont r oife in the hands of someone that can't handle their own life's safety.

Posting this because Gelson Martins got a second yellow for taking off his shirt xD How professional of him.

As a result, he won't play against Porto next week, which is a game Sporting can't lose if they want to keep themselves in the title race. The problem here is that Gelson is easily their best player.

Ruben Semedo could have just played a huge role in deciding who will win the Portuguese League xD

Btw, the message reads "With you until the end of the world RS35". It's not written in Portuguese but in a Portuguese-based Creole that is spoken in Cape Verde, former Portuguese colony.

Archived