• Jamie Vardy
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • Xherdan Shaqiri
    • Eric Choupo-Moting

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrator

Kick-off - 12.30
Coverage - sky.PNG

Image result for leicester city badge      VS     Image result for stoke city badge

Last 5:
Leicester 1-0 Sheff Utd (FA Cup)
Man City 5-1 Leicester
Leicester 1-1 Swansea
Everton 2-1 Leicester
Peterborough 1-5 Leicester (FA Cup)

Stoke 1-1 Brighton 
Bournemouth 2-1 Stoke
Stoke 0-0 Watford
Stoke 2-1 Huddersfield
Man Utd 3-0 Stoke

Match Info
There have been 8 previous meetings of this fixture. Leicester have won 4, drawn 3 and Stoke have won 1.
The last result in this fixture was Leicester 2-0 Stoke, Ndid and Vardy with the goals.
Leicester are unbeaten in their last 6 matches at the King Power.
Stoke haven't won away since October. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We have to win this. We're in pretty poor form in the league and if we want 7th then we've got to be winning games like this.

I can't believe it'll be as easy as the last two years, but you never know.

• The title was changed to Saturday 24th February - Leicester 1-1 Stoke
  • Administrator

we were so shit it was fucking embarrassing. 

Passes astray, no players on each other's wavelength. Just the whole vibe after the first few minutes felt off. The goal just before HT for Shaqiri epitomised how uninspiring and underwhelming we were. Ndidi loses the ball, no-one closes Shaqiri down and he has the freedom of Leicester to pick his spot past Kasper.

We only started getting going when we scored. One of the jammiest goals I've seen down at the King Power in years. Can't remember actually the last jammy goal we scored. It was terrible from Butland xD. I've not seen it back but I can only think that Vardy has put him off by running in close near him but you have got to be catching that.

Shaqiri should have had a 2nd as he missed an open goal in the 2nd half. Schmeichel with poor distribution again. Would have been game over if that went in.

We hit the post twice, had a goalmouth scramble which I can't fathom how we've not scored from. Butland redeemed himself with a save from Mahrez.

But there were so many under-performers today. Also can't fathom how Iborra/Silva 1) didn't start and 2) didn't at least make an appearance when the game screamed out for something special from the centre of midfield - you're not gonna get that with Matty James. 

Hate when we don't win games which we theoretically should be winning if we are to reach our ambitions of being 'the best of the rest' i.e. finishing 7th. Not happy with how the game panned out even though we got a draw. Wanted more but nowhere near deserved it had we have got the winner. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Ihenacho should have been booked (or worse) for swinging for Adam after that pull though. If he had made contact he would have been off for sure.

neither would have happened if Adam had rightly seen red for being a cunt anyway

• Subscriber

Absolute garbage. I had a bad feeling about that game. 7th is there for the taking and I'm absolutely certain we won't take it. 2 points from Swansea and Stoke at home is fucking abysmal.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Seen the goals back again. Makes it even worse to consider our goal was a complete howler from Butland. I had no idea at the time how it had ended up in the net.

Puel is trying to play a totally different style of football to what we've played for years and it shows in games like yesterday. I don't mind the fact he's bringing change, but I think he's putting too many of them out of their comfort zones. It makes you wonder why he didn't try and get a right back in if he wants attacking full backs because Simpson's honking going forward.

Dragovic has arguably been our best defender. While Maguire gets the plaudits, Dragovic is the quiet one who avoids the headlines. He wasn't one bit at fault at Man City despite us conceding 5 and I think it's a travesty that he was dropped. Morgan's a blood and thunder defender, but his lack of ability on the ball often puts us into that trouble in the first place. Maguire I thought was fine yesterday, but a lot of people overlook the defensive errors he makes. A definite hint of Stones about him.

Matty James was a passenger. I've got a lot of time for James but I cannot believe that Silva can't get in ahead of him.

Demarai Gray I'm absolutely fed up of. I'd sell him in the summer and give Diabate more game time. We had 68% of the ball yesterday, Gray played in the number ten role and I forgot he was playing. A key attacking outlet in a side that dominated the ball and he was anonymous. That isn't good enough.

Puel had a lot of 50/50 calls to make and for me got most of them wrong, and this has been the case for a few weeks. While I still think there's lot more to come from him, he's fucking up very winnable games.

We still can't function without Okazaki.

I think this is going to be a theme this season as we have Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton and West Ham all to still come here, I could easily see any of them getting something. The bottom four have all come away here and taken something. That's absolutely dire.

Bournemouth at home next week, who we're still yet to beat in a Premier League fixture.

• Subscriber
On 2/24/2018 at 16:49, Stan said:

we were so shit it was fucking embarrassing. 

Passes astray, no players on each other's wavelength. Just the whole vibe after the first few minutes felt off. The goal just before HT for Shaqiri epitomised how uninspiring and underwhelming we were. Ndidi loses the ball, no-one closes Shaqiri down and he has the freedom of Leicester to pick his spot past Kasper.

We only started getting going when we scored. One of the jammiest goals I've seen down at the King Power in years. Can't remember actually the last jammy goal we scored. It was terrible from Butland xD. I've not seen it back but I can only think that Vardy has put him off by running in close near him but you have got to be catching that.

Shaqiri should have had a 2nd as he missed an open goal in the 2nd half. Schmeichel with poor distribution again. Would have been game over if that went in.

We hit the post twice, had a goalmouth scramble which I can't fathom how we've not scored from. Butland redeemed himself with a save from Mahrez.

But there were so many under-performers today. Also can't fathom how Iborra/Silva 1) didn't start and 2) didn't at least make an appearance when the game screamed out for something special from the centre of midfield - you're not gonna get that with Matty James. 

Hate when we don't win games which we theoretically should be winning if we are to reach our ambitions of being 'the best of the rest' i.e. finishing 7th. Not happy with how the game panned out even though we got a draw. Wanted more but nowhere near deserved it had we have got the winner. 

We're still favourites for 7th yet if we'd stop throwing points away like that and Swansea we'd sail to it. We've been excellent at winning games like that in the past couple of years so it's highly frustrating that we've lost that knack.

Even Sheff Utd we took our time.

We've been poor for a while to be honest.

Archived