• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Saturday 24th February

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’d say our current side would have pissed the league that season under Klopp. 

Sorry, would have to disagree with that. Very talented side you have this season, great going forward, getting better at the back for sure, but no way would you have pissed it.

City won it with 86pts. You would only just pass that total this season if you won every game left. Can't see that happening. And I don't think you've got higher than 86pts for a bloody long time. 

So that wouldn't be pissing it for me.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Sorry, would have to disagree with that. Very talented side you have this season, great going forward, getting better at the back for sure, but no way would you have pissed it.

City won it with 86pts. You would only just pass that total this season if you won every game left. Can't see that happening.

So that wouldn't be pissing it for me.

The 2013/14 side was doing it with no European football which you also have to factor in. The current side is two points down on that side after the same amount of games but is all but in a European Cup quarter final at the same time

• The topic was unpinned

Just seen a clip from MOTD. Shelvey misses a sitter then is badly at fault for both Bournemouth goals, all for one simple reason, he is physically fucked at the 70 minute mark every week. His fitness is atrocious. He'll boss the game for an hour then he's fucked.

It is bizarre. There must be an underlying medical condition or a physio would have put this right long ago. 

I actually said in the ground after he missed that sitter that he looks absolutely fucked get him off quick.

Instead we brought Manquillo on for Matt Ritchie :dam:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Just seen a clip from MOTD. Shelvey misses a sitter then is badly at fault for both Bournemouth goals, all for one simple reason, he is physically fucked at the 70 minute mark every week. His fitness is atrocious. He'll boss the game for an hour then he's fucked.

It is bizarre. There must be an underlying medical condition or a physio would have put this right long ago. 

I actually said in the ground after he missed that sitter that he looks absolutely fucked get him off quick.

Instead we brought Manquillo on for Matt Ritchie :dam:

the 2nd goal. wtf is he doing. Gets nutmegged near the D, okay that happens. Then somehow finds himself further away from where that happened when Gosling eventually gets the ball in the net. How is he not trying to defend in the box?? Literally just looked like he couldn't be arsed. 

49 minutes ago, Stan said:

the 2nd goal. wtf is he doing. Gets nutmegged near the D, okay that happens. Then somehow finds himself further away from where that happened when Gosling eventually gets the ball in the net. How is he not trying to defend in the box?? Literally just looked like he couldn't be arsed. 

He's blown out of his arse mate. That's why he has his hands on his knees. 

Dominates the game for an hour then hits a wall like a fat lass on her first ever run.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He's blown out of his arse mate. That's why he has his hands on his knees. 

Dominates the game for an hour then hits a wall like a fat lass on her first ever run.

i get that but I had to agree with Lampard - adrenaline would get you back at least in the box, not necessarily marking someone. Not totally out of the game and 20 yards away from danger.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

i get that but I had to agree with Lampard - adrenaline would get you back at least in the box, not necessarily marking someone. Not totally out of the game and 20 yards away from danger.

I don't think Lampard quite realises how bad Shelvey's fitness is. 

It's the worst fitness level by a mile of any footballer I have ever seen in my entire life. There is something a lot more serious than just that extra push that you don't get from lazy players. You will see him push hard to catch someone or break forward and that absolutely wrecks him. The first Bournemouth goal is because he was wrecked bursting forward in our counter attack. You could see after that attack pretty much immediately that he was dieing on his feet.

He needs to be hauled off at 70 minutes every week.

Personally I am more critical of Rafa than Shelvey. We know Shelvey is like this and it was plain to see he was dying out there so why leave him on when we had Hayden and Merino on the bench?

Not to the extent of the above or a suggestion of a fitness issue but Pedro is the same for us, starts to tire around the 60 / 70 minute every game. He runs himself into the ground though from the first minute and for that reason I don't know why Conte didn't take him off earlier in the Barcelona game earlier this week. He was doing a good job defensively and tactically for us mind but it was something a sub could have just continued with fresher legs. I think Conte's subs in general could have been better in that game.

• Administrator

we have the same with Okazaki when he plays. Think in the 3 years he's been with us, he's only completed 90minutes a handful of times.

He's an absolute workhorse though. Runs himself in to the ground every single time without fail. 

• Subscriber

It is absolutely astonishing that Burnley are still 7th after not winning in 11 games. I read a comment from one of our fans on the forums earlier saying "you don't get Europe by being bang average" and I think given that England gets 7 European places I couldn't disagree more. Someone will get a place by default this year. Burnley, Leicester, Everton, Watford or Bournemouth getting into Europe on this season's showing would be laughable.

• Subscriber
On 2/25/2018 at 12:13, Stan said:

we have the same with Okazaki when he plays. Think in the 3 years he's been with us, he's only completed 90minutes a handful of times.

He's an absolute workhorse though. Runs himself in to the ground every single time without fail. 

We've missed him lately for sure. He's our Fellaini.

Archived