Southampton 1-0 Watford (FA Cup)
Leicester 2-0 Watford

Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 5-1 Everton
Everton 2-1 Arsenal
Everton 1-1 West Brom
Tottenham 4-0 Everton

Match Info
2 of the last 3 meetings between the 2 sides have ended 3-2 to the home side.
There have been 36 goals in the past 10 meetings; on 8 occasions there have been over 2.5 goals
Everton's away form leaves a lot to be desired, having only won once all season losing the last 4 in a row away from home
Watford are slightly inconsistent on home turf - winning 4, losing 4 and drawing 2 in all competitions at Vicarage Road.
The last time Watford failed to score at home was all the way back to the final game in October (a 1-0 loss to Stoke).
The top goalscorers for each club are Abdoulaye Doucoure (7) and Wayne Rooney (10. Both players also have 2 assists. 
Depending on other results, Everton could climb up to 7th with a win. Likewise, Watford could go up a place to 10th if they win. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not looking forward to this. Feel it could be quite an atmosphere at an evening fixture and people remembering the needle between the clubs a few weeks ago re: Marco Silva.

In a normal season though we should be looking at these and realising that on paper hardly any of their team would get in our team so really we should be aiming for 3 points.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What's up with that Tosun? Has he started any games yet?

Started a couple then just a few cameos since. Think he's getting used to the league and Niasse is doing a good job at the moment anyway.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

His decision making is atrocious

reminds me of Jesus Navas. Speedy enough to get past his man with a bit of skill but then the final ball is not so great. 

• Administrator

Goal Watford!

They were growing in to the game and starting to take control and it pays off. Okaka squares it in to Deeney who takes a touch to set himself up and smashes it in from 12 yards out. 1-0!

• Subscriber

Well that was another damning demonstration of how absolutely dour the Premier League has become outside the top six. That was a game between two sides who are apparently in the top ten teams in the whole country. Just think about that. Dreadful.

We stick to having one league win away all season. It baffles me how a side can actually be so bad away from home when it is a clear problem and we presumably spend all week preparing for the fixture. The way we play away from home it's like the players have cycled down from Goodison not got a plane.

Deulofeu was the only player from either side who looked like threatening in the final third and when he went off that should have been our clean sheet guaranteed but instead we get undone by Watford's dinosaur tactic of throwing two fat bastards up front and bullying their way through our defence. Ironic when we have Allardyce as manager against a Spaniard in the Watford dugout but again, let's just consider that it's 2018 and a game between two top half Premier League clubs is being decided by that tactic. Ours not being any better with Tosun and Calvert-Lewin thrown up front together at the end.

It also wouldn't be an Everton loss without me having a bitter jab at our opponents. This season I've heard a lot of people saying "credit to Watford, a lot of clubs get criticised for chopping and changing managers regularly but they've found a way to make it work". Erm, nobody will be saying that when they're back in the Championship in three years. While they have a few talented players, they have no loyalty to them or their managers. Can you look at that Watford squad and pick three players and say "yeah he'll still be playing in the Premier League for Watford in three years"? If they are still up in three years it'll just be a different array of Greek, Costa Rican and Bolivian randoms playing under a random Brazilian manager who has some experience in the French Second Division. Take Troy Deeney out of that club and you have nothing linking Watford FC to Watford or even England. Arguably an even bigger shell/franchise of a football club than PSG or the other usual suspects, just less rich so less successful.

• The title was changed to Saturday 24th February - Watford 1-0 Everton
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I saw Carrillo came on in the 63rd minute and reading the comments above, was Deulofeu that bad?

wasteful more than anything.

I think Everton fans would agree that when you're up against Cuco Martina you should expect more from the winger. 

Hope everton continue to lose and the fans get on Allardyce's back, not that he'll care. Any club that appoints Allardyce goes down in my estimations. It was a particularly bizarre appointment for Everton, a club supposedly with money now and ambitions to build a new stadium etc. then they go and appoint that fat, thieving, lying bastard.

• Subscriber

To an extent I sympathise with Allardyce because the club and squad were rotten before he arrived but I'd say he's been given a fair chance by the fans and he hasn't impressed.

Lots of talk last night and this morning that Moshiri has started looking for a replacement. Paulo Fonseca mentioned again but more interestingly Mikel Arteta, a former Everton player who apparently passed his coaching badges with particular flying colours and who has been plying his trade as one of Guardiola's right hand men for the last 18 months.

Archived