The better place to talk football.

Primeira Liga - Portugal

football forum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Bas Dost one of the scorers in Europe

One goal away from Messi and Aubameyang who are first in Europe.

Sporting's last 24 goals:

JLOvjKC.png

We drew 0-0 yesterday. If Porto win today, they'll take first spot :40_rage: Our performances have been declining in quality for months now, so it's to no surprise.

• Administrator

Porto and Benfica's defences O.oO.o. Not sure how much that says about the individual talent or collective lack of talent across the rest of the league's strikers.

14 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Porto and Benfica's defences O.oO.o. Not sure how much that says about the individual talent or collective lack of talent across the rest of the league's strikers.

Most of those goals were conceded away too. Benfica and Porto are almost untouchable at home and it's been like that for years. Sporting Lisbon not so much, but they were great last season.

Overall it's a low goal scoring league as well.

And yes, Portuguese strikers suck. Haven't had a world class one since the 80's... it's no myth.

I just remembered that Ivan Bulos plays for Boavista, and Carillo isn't the only Peruvian. Supposed to be getting along fine in Portugal I've heard. Scoring a few, which may speak for a lot more tactical competence over there. He was extremely average here in Peru and then in Chile, so to see him go over there and have a few goals surprises me.

13 hours ago, Machado said:

:coffee:

Are you an expat mate?

Not really, I wouldn't say that. 'Expat' is like a posh word for English speaking immigrants, innit? I ain't one. I was born and raised in Brazil and have been living in Covilhã for about a year and a half.

As far as I remember I was in Britain back when I first register on the forums though.

@Machado Need some help with something mate.

I'm writing a piece on which Peruvian striker should replace Paolo Guerrero for the NT. I've put Ivan Bulos as one of the options but I've not seen him in years. Have you seen him much? I need to survey a few people then narrow down all the options to see which are most accurate. 

On 24/03/2017 at 11:36 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

@Machado Need some help with something mate.

I'm writing a piece on which Peruvian striker should replace Paolo Guerrero for the NT. I've put Ivan Bulos as one of the options but I've not seen him in years. Have you seen him much? I need to survey a few people then narrow down all the options to see which are most accurate. 

I'm afraid I can't help you with this one mate. Haven't had much time to watch football lately... even Benfica games sometimes.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

I'm afraid I can't help you with this one mate. Haven't had much time to watch football lately... even Benfica games sometimes.

No worries mate, just asked the guy who wrote that Boavista piece about him.

Just read an article over Nelson Semedo on Benfica. Nice little backstory about his rise in level and started at some unknown academy.

On 3/22/2017 at 7:39 AM, Bravado said:

Not really, I wouldn't say that. 'Expat' is like a posh word for English speaking immigrants, innit? I ain't one. I was born and raised in Brazil and have been living in Covilhã for about a year and a half.

As far as I remember I was in Britain back when I first register on the forums though.

No, 'expat' just means you live in a country that isn't your nationality.

On 29/03/2017 at 2:02 AM, Spike said:

No, 'expat' just means you live in a country that isn't your nationality.

It was a joke actually, though I seriously doubt anyone would call me that. 

As for the match, Casillas was simply a beast tonight! Title race still open.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

With the Lisbon derby coming up it was vital that they kept up the pressure.

I think we'll lose points against the cunts. Being out of the title race, they've been playing well in recent weeks with no pressure to get results. Plus they're eager to ruin our season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats Benfica. Totally deserved.

What a load of bollocks I've heard from our side. 'Benfica has been protected, etc., etc.'. Benfica has always been protected, since I can remember. What is the difference between now and 10/15 years ago? Easy: the downgrade in terms of quality that our squad suffered. 

We always had the best squad in the country for the past 3 decades, but bad policies in terms of signings, internal disputes, bad control of our finances in the past 6 years, has lead us to this point.

We need to focus less on excuses and start concentrating on what we used to do best: attract young, quality prospects, develop them and then sell them for huge sums of money (something that hasn't been done in a while), instead of finished players. 

• The topic was pinned

Archived