football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/04/2019 at 22:47, Cannabis said:

That's the season over really. 

Unfortunately, it was true.

This really was a bottling job from us. We had 7 points of advantage. Just about 6/7 years ago, with an advantage like that, we would have killed any chance of Benfica coming near us. Standards have dropped in a way, no one would have imagined.

Congrats to Machado. Enjoy the party tonight mate.

FC Porto always.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read some rumours but I'm glad that we're not bringing back players like David Luiz and Ramires to be honest. It's a bit like the Turkish league over here these days but fortunately it's just Porto for now and Sporting somewhat. I hate that kind of signing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Marchesin :x

Seriously if you get a chance to see the double-save, if not already, well worth it. Great reflexes and Gil Vicente would wonder how they hadn't scored.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Cheers, I went through 7 bloody pages  looking for it, must be the after-effects of Machado's Mafia Game just finished that made me go cock-eyed O.o 

Most more popular league threads are pinned on the top of the page :) 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Most more popular league threads are pinned on the top of the page :) 

Just me this morning, I normally can find threads ok but this morning my brain was functioning in outer space syndrome...to much red wine last night :drunk:   

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just me this morning, I normally can find threads ok but this morning my brain was functioning in outer space syndrome...to much red wine last night :drunk:   

Unless you send me naked pictures of yourself, this is banning material. You’re not making a good case for defence here mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

What a shit day Coates had. 3 penalties conceded and then gets sent off xD 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49543862

Conceding three penalties and being sent off sounds like a defender's nightmare, but that was reality for Sporting Lisbon's Sebastian Coates in defeat by Rio Ave on Saturday.

The former Liverpool centre-back was walking a tightrope from the sixth minute when he was booked for bringing down Mehdi Taremi in the area.

Filipe Augusto scored the penalty to put Rio Ave ahead, before goals from Bruno Fernandez and Luiz Phellype gave Sporting the lead and left their Uruguayan defender breathing a sigh of relief.

But with four minutes left, Coates' evening really went downhill.

First, and a little unfortunately, he gave away a second penalty as Taremi fell over with minimal contact, then the 28-year-old was shown a second yellow in injury time when he slid in on the same player to concede a third penalty.

The result saw Sporting drop to third in the Primeira Liga, three points behind leaders Famalicao.

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Do they not have the internet in Portugal? Surely Sporting could get a half decent manager?

Blows my mind how some managers can go from failure to failure and still get hired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/09/2019 at 00:39, Dan said:

Famalicao are top of the league. Who?

They're newly promoted, our previous assistant manager Joao Pedro Sousa went to take over there at the start of the season.

Looks like we should have kept him and sent them Marco Silva instead :ph34r:.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 18/02/2020 at 12:31, BartraPique1932 said:

@Machado, is Weigl stalling already? Are you going to send him to that (in)famous Spanish doctor who can (((miraculously))) make players much more  athletic than they're been before?

Also:

NO REFUNDS.

1581873599717.png

He's a classy player, the touch doesn't lie. We're playing like shit so it's hard for anyone to stand out and too soon to ask for a refund.

Archived