• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Primeira Liga - Portugal

football forum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Big job that for Silva, he's had a weird few years, being sacked by Sporting for not wearing the club suit, spending for a year in Greece and then half a season with Hull.

This is the sort of job that could open up bigger clubs for him if he does well with Porto in Europe.

Not sure about that. He was not in Porto today unlike Sky reported. He's in Switzerland signing a deal with some jewelry brand.

Not going to lie though... I would rather see him elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
2 hours ago, True Bender said:

The most reliable in Portugal when it comes to transfers. In this instance though, they got their info from this Mexican twitter page, who are saying it's a done deal.

"Official: Jesus Corona is a Borussia Dormtund player. Arrives to be a starter, in anticipation for a possible Dembele transfer."

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Primeira Liga 2017-18 underway, some results from the first set of fixtures:

Aves 0-2 Sporting CP (Martins [2])

FC Porto (Marega [2], Brahimi, Marcano) 4-0 Estoril

Benfica (Seferovic, Jonas, Salvio) 3-1 Braga (Koka)

Paolo Hurtado is the driver of the bus for Vitoria. A goal and an assist already in the first match. He has an impressive record. Honestly I think Cueva is too valuable to take off for the Peru national team, but Carillo we can afford to replace with Hurtado, who has looked good everytime he put the red sash on anyhow.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

same guy who failed at Reading? xD oh yeah, what a great bus driver he is 

Can't hear you from over there North America, where all the Mexican players are now.

Fuck off you boring cunt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

Βenfica is about to get Gabrigol from us in loan. I hope he proves himself in the portuguese league and come back to Serie A next season stronger.

interested to see how he plays there. He chose Inter in favour of us a couple of seasons ago. Surprised it didn't work out for him in Italy.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't watch unfortunately due to work.

We won't win anything this season I'm afraid. We lost it in the pre season. Selling literally half of your starting 11 has to go wrong sooner or later. We've been doing it for years but due to good scouting and some fortune, we've always managed to replace those players with others of similar or superior quality. Unfortunately that didn't happen this summer, and now we're paying the price.

• 1 month later...
On 26/08/2017 at 0:23 PM, Dalmore said:

Βenfica is about to get Gabrigol from us in loan. I hope he proves himself in the portuguese league and come back to Serie A next season stronger.

Just hope you're not too disappointed! xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Nearly halfway through the season and Porto and Sporting are both unbeaten on 39 points from a possible 45. Benfica are on 36 points with just one defeat coming at Boavista.

Benfica host Sporting tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Paolo Hurtado deserves to be at a bigger club than Vitoria Guiamares. He rips the league apart.

2 goals and 4 assists.

League-ripping form!

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

2 goals, 4 assists and six lines :ph34r:

#DoctorsOrders

if there's one thing I love about this place is how unbiased certain members can be, how they can show real impartiality. Great stuff. 

Archived