talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Primeira Liga - Portugal

football forum

• Administrator

Primeira Liga resumed today :D 

Porto in action away at Famalicao right now. Pepe lucky not to give away a penalty just now.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Famalicao take a surprise lead!

Porto keeper makes a terrible mistake with his clearance and Martins scores in to an open goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is what it is. The league is leveled to the bottom and the 3 big clubs dont make one that plays decently, to say the least. So no matter who would win it it feels strange to do it if you are not that clubist. I get more action and more pleasure from reading something on Spielver than see the 2 centerbacks trading the ball by themselves and then kick the ball 40m to the front, like a flashback from the 80s, against a well positioned defense that doesnt give space behind the back so can deal easily with this type of threats. This past seasons got marked by a bad era football wise in Portugal, where space and movement dont win games (there isnt a try to generate space at all tbf) but last second goals, because of the difference in individual quality, and set pieces does.

12 hours ago, Machado said:

Jorge Jesus back at Benfica after winning it all for Flamengo. Ahahahah. I might actually start enjoying football again, fml...

The thing is, it's kinda hypocritical Benfica now signing Jesus after all they did to each other. If I was a Benfica supporter I would kinda be raging about this decision.

To Porto this is kinda interesting. We don't want to do more than minimal services and Benfica with this approach might want to be competent again, so we probably are going to eat dust for several years again.

14 hours ago, Machado said:

Jorge Jesus back at Benfica after winning it all for Flamengo. Ahahahah. I might actually start enjoying football again, fml...

1 hour ago, Takezo said:

The thing is, it's kinda hypocritical Benfica now signing Jesus after all they did to each other. If I was a Benfica supporter I would kinda be raging about this decision.

To Porto this is kinda interesting. We don't want to do more than minimal services and Benfica with this approach might want to be competent again, so we probably are going to eat dust for several years again.

Not gonna lie, Jorge Jesus while a very good manager only did as well as he did because he outclasses the philosophy of all Brazilian managers. If he had been in Argentina which has variety it would have been a completely different story.

3 hours ago, Takezo said:

It's just Vieira trying to save his skin for the upcoming elections and for the short term I think JJ is actually a good choice so I don't care.

What are the things they did to each other btw?

4 hours ago, Machado said:

It's just Vieira trying to save his skin for the upcoming elections and for the short term I think JJ is actually a good choice so I don't care.

What are the things they did to each other btw?

Benfica going with Jesus to court for various reasons, Jesus spitting several times in the plate he did eat like he never worked for Benfica. Just an example.

6 hours ago, Mpache said:

Not gonna lie, Jorge Jesus while a very good manager only did as well as he did because he outclasses the philosophy of all Brazilian managers. If he had been in Argentina which has variety it would have been a completely different story.

And I think this Jesus isn't his best form. Some years ago he wasn't so safe like he's now. Last couple years on Benfica and then on Sporting (minus first year where he almost wins the title) he looked like a conformed manager with no intentions of being ambitious but careful, a little like this 2nd half of Mourinho's career. He's still one of the finest tacticians on the world, but he still has the flaws he ever had (lack of mid game managing, man management (miss him puting blame on everybody but himself when he loses and then when he wins it's only his merit) and ect) and the last 4 years in Portugal kinda makes this not so much a really great choice, lets see.

32 minutes ago, Takezo said:

Benfica going with Jesus to court for various reasons.

For allegedly starting to work with some people at Sporting before his contract was up and for appropriation of the club's confidential software. The charges were dropped eventually as they were just Vieira appeasing to the angriest fans who didn't like when Jesus moved to Sporting.

41 minutes ago, Takezo said:

Jesus spitting several times in the plate he did eat like he never worked for Benfica. Just an example.

I'm not sure this ever happened unless there's concrete examples. He never spoke badly about the club.

18 minutes ago, Machado said:

For allegedly starting to work with some people at Sporting before his contract was up and for appropriation of the club's confidential software. The charges were dropped eventually as they were just Vieira appeasing to the angriest fans who didn't like when Jesus moved to Sporting.

I'm not sure this ever happened unless there's concrete examples. He never spoke badly about the club.

Not only, also because of a program and some files. 

In relation the other subject, I might have confused because he was attacking Rui Vioria most of the times and now reading again about other times he said they took out of context some things he said about Benfica.

Still, the guy just shitted on the clube by leaving outta nowhere, trying to be an asshole to the coach at the time which sparked their run to the title. It's kinda hypocritical still althoug I doubt there is a better choice. 

23 hours ago, Machado said:

I love Benfica! Thank you for keeping brazilian football competitive again. xD

Now please buy Gerson, Gabigol and Bruno Henrique. :D

But seriously, with our currency, brazilian real, so devaluated, it´s a really good time to buy players in Brazil and Jorge Jesus now has a deep knowledge of the market. I expect Benfica to be very agressive in the brazilian market. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

I love Benfica! Thank you for keeping brazilian football competitive again. xD

Now please buy Gerson, Gabigol and Bruno Henrique. :D

But seriously, with our currency, brazilian real, so devaluated, it´s a really good time to buy players in Brazil and Jorge Jesus now has a deep knowledge of the market. I expect Benfica to be very agressive in the brazilian market. 

I hope so but actually Jesus seemed to work better with Argentines back in his first spell.

Gabigol had a spell for us that didn't do him any favours but maybe he'll do well under Jesus this time around. Not sure about BH but Gerson seems to be the most praised of the three and the one I'd be more interested in signing even though in reality what we really do lack is a good striker.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2020 at 18:18, Takezo said:

This Marcus Edwards is such a good player ffs.

I've seen him twice and he impressed me. Interesting to see what comes next in his career. Looks like another good talent from England.

Archived