• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Retired Numbers

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm not sure about doing that to be honest. It gives off the message that you've already hit your peak and there's no topping it.

And clubs who retire the number 12 for the fans deserve to go bust.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not sure about doing that to be honest. It gives off the message that you've already hit your peak and there's no topping it.

And clubs who retire the number 12 for the fans deserve to go bust.

Feyenoord retired number 12 for their fans and they nearly went bust xD

I don’t agree with retiring numbers in any circumstance. I’m also not comfortable with all these minutes applause etc that’s creeping into football. I’m sure Newcastle were doing one for about 3 different things at one point. We did a minutes applause last week for a supporter that died(she was bit of a super fan that had been every game for about 10 seasons) but I don’t agree with it, I just don’t know when these start and stop. When is a supporter that dies worthy of a minutes applause? Just don’t do it. Leave it out of football and just play football. Fed up of the guff that surrounds the game now.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Arouna Kone with 2 and Khalid Boulharouz with 9 are two other instances were AIDS occurred.

Beat me to that one.

I also don't really like Iheanacho wearing number 8. That isn't a striker's number for fuck sake. No wonder he hasn't scored.

Archived