talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

February 2018 Member of the Month

football forum

• Administrator

It's been another superb month of activity across the board (literally) and member of the month to vote for has been difficult.

The winner, by one point, was eventually decided and the award for this month goes to @Marc!

The newcomer has been a breath of fresh air, mainly in the Football League, but also dipping in and out in other parts of the forum.

Here are live pictues of Marc celebrating and receiving the award...

FortunateWebbedHorseshoecrab-max-1mb.gif

2nd and 3rd place went to @nudge and @Spike respectively.

Well done all and keep it up!

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It says a lot about Norwich City as a football club in recent years that the most recent gif found was that of Grant Holt xD

Congrats Marc.

fucking hard mate. When I search 'norwich football gif' on Google it came up with a lot of images from that Wilshere goal scored or sometimes Suarez goals against Liverpool.

I did think about doing a Delia Smith one and this came up...

Image result for delia smith gif

I don't think Marc would have appreciated that xDxD 

How come its been done so early this time?

Also no disrespect to Nudge as I think she's one of the best members on here, but she gets picked every month without even posting too much. The criteria seems a bit off in my opinion.

Member of the month was Spike and Rebel for me.

On 25/2/2018 at 07:37, Cannabis said:

Rare that a new member ends up at the top of the pile in the MOTM voting but it was well deserved. @Marc has been a great addition to the forum and has been a successful addition to our already brilliant Football League community - congrats :)!

The last good one - Hugh Jass :( 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

How come its been done so early this time?

Also no disrespect to Nudge as I think she's one of the best members on here, but she gets picked every month without even posting too much. The criteria seems a bit off in my opinion.

Member of the month was Spike and Rebel for me.

quality over quantity. 

Just now, Stan said:

quality over quantity. 

They are just normal posts mate. Again, I'm not trying to disrespect Nudge, but she's become your lazy pick. Rebel was much more warranting of the spot in my opinion who was making top quality posts throughout the UCL games, I think I've seen Nudge make 2 or 3 posts this month on the other hand.

I say let the members pick again. That was fine in my opinion.

• Administrator

'lazy pick'. 

I very much disagree. She didn't even win this month xD

At the end of the day we're not gonna please everyone which is totally understandable but I don't think there's much wrong with the way the votes are done. Rebel got votes but just not as much as the 3 for this month. 

Just now, nudge said:

2 or 3 posts this month? That's a bit of an understatement... xD 

I don't read the Bundesliga section so that's probably just me.

I've just ran into you less this month, but again no disrespect. Not trying to burn bridges with you. I just think you're overly picked and I've seen a few that were missed out this month. 

Rebel was the member of the month for me. Sirbalon was great too but I know why he can't be picked, so no complaint there.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

'lazy pick'. 

I very much disagree. She didn't even win this month xD

At the end of the day we're not gonna please everyone which is totally understandable but I don't think there's much wrong with the way the votes are done. Rebel got votes but just not as much as the 3 for this month. 

We think differently then, but I do have to question the criteria as Nudge gets it really easily when I see a few other members putting in real effort into quality posts, and yet they don't get picked.

At the end of the day it is a silly award that is a nice win but nothing important but it just feels a bit rigged to me

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Blue said:

We think differently then, but I do have to question the criteria as Nudge gets it really easily when I see a few other members putting in real effort into quality posts, and yet they don't get picked.

At the end of the day it is a silly award that is a nice win but nothing important but it just feels a bit rigged to me

it's 100% not rigged xDxD 

21 hours ago, Toinho said:

Blue, fucking leave Nudge alone!!!

Yep. I think all of her 2 postings this month were brilliant and I don't think it has anything to do with her very generous monetary donation to this forum.

Why would anyone even think there's a connection between those things?

That's very harsh.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived