Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again

football forum

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

is he actually though?

the only quote in there is:

A United source said: “Things are at an all-time low between them. Paul has made it clear he doesn’t want to be there if Mourinho is.”

Now we all know how notorious journalists/newspapers are at making shit up. 

I doubt Utd would get rid either given how much was paid for him. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't get why players aren't more wary about signing to play under Jose in the first place. Since cassilias if not before he's been highly questionable compared to his first stint at Chelsea  .

Dropping Casillas was right though. The man declined 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 February 2018 at 15:35, Cicero said:

Dropping Casillas was right though. The man declined 

First of all that's questionable mate because it's a known fact that when he was dropped it was down to an argument they had with each other due to Casillas going public on apologising to Xavi for all the bad blood Mourinho had created in the various Clásico games. That's why he was dropped which goes along with all of Mourinho's issues with players he's fallen out with... He also fell out with other Real Madrid players.

Plus, if Casillas was in decline, Mourimho replaced him with Adan originally which went horribly wrong because he was crap and then went for another Real Madrid goalkeeper before going for López who even though decent, was nothing on an even declining Casillas.

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba Discussion

I used to say his long range screamers had people over him. Not a bad player at all obviously and probably under the right manager would be a lot better but overall I never saw a player worth as much as was paid for him.

that's the problem these days when players are overpriced.      just becoz he has that enormous pricetag doesn't mean that he's on level with Messi and Ronaldo.    People are now confused between an expensive player and a decisive player.  

i can't accept those lame excuses these players ramble about or complaining that the system the managers use doesn't suit their style of play.    We've seen it with Messi and Ronaldo that if you're on god-level, no matter what system the coaches apply, they both are playing at their best.   Always decisive at games.

16 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

that's the problem these days when players are overpriced.      just becoz he has that enormous pricetag doesn't mean that he's on level with Messi and Ronaldo.    People are now confused between an expensive player and a decisive player.  

i can't accept those lame excuses these players ramble about or complaining that the system the managers use doesn't suit their style of play.    We've seen it with Messi and Ronaldo that if you're on god-level, no matter what system the coaches apply, they both are playing at their best.   Always decisive at games.

I get what you mean and I suppose that players that ply their trade right up front aren't as susceptible to systems, tactics and formations. Although even then we have many examples with coaches from the past and the present that stunt and shackle their front players' talents by giving them the extra responsibility of having to join in the midfield work to defend.  In saying that, a complete modern attacking player will naturally slot back into the midfield area so as to make things more difficult for the opponent and at the same time giving a numerical and quality edge to his own colleagues in midfield.

But I'd also like to emphasise on the detail about players that may be more sensitive to the more conservative approach of some coaches and those players are the midfielders.  The more creative and attack minded midfielder (they're the ones that offer the entertainment mechanics to any side and provide the majority of opportunities for their colleagues playing further forward) will undoubtably suffer more at the hands of a coach that is rigid in his outlook of wanting to capitalise and have his tactics set out to defend an advantage on the scoreboard.  There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that creative midfielders perform better and are more intent on improvising when they play under a coach that promotes an attacking system.

I would be the first one to jump and shit on Pogba, but that defeat was hardly his fault. He was very poor when he came on and didn't impact the game like a player of his worth should. Then again he should have started with Matić so if United needs someone to blame it has to be Jose.

40 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I would be the first one to jump and shit on Pogba, but that defeat was hardly his fault. He was very poor when he came on and didn't impact the game like a player of his worth should. Then again he should have started with Matić so if United needs someone to blame it has to be Jose.

Not only should Pogba have started mate, but also Mata and Alexis!!!

THIS and THESE are the things that Mourinho is all about because he has absolutely no idea what to do with attacking players and how to organise a game tactically to be the PROTAGONIST and dictate just like a club of the size and magnitude of United should be doing. He is an negative influence on the game in every way from his public persona to his professional responsibilities as a manager.

How anyone can continue to applaud anything football about this guy is beyond me.

Man Utd played why can only be described as shit football last night. But then again this has been the case for such a long time. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Not only should Pogba have started mate, but also Mata and Alexis!!!

THIS and THESE are the things that Mourinho is all about because he hs absolutely no idea what to do with attacking players and how to organise a game tactically to be the PROTAGONIST and dictate just like a club the size and magnitude should be doing. He is an negative influence on the game in every way from his public persona to his professional responsibilities as a manager.

How anyone can continue to applaud anything football about this guy is beyond me.

Man Utd played why can only be described as shit football last night. But then again this has been the case for such a long time. 

Don't mind me being a stat bitch but Sanchez started and played the entire 90 minutes? You probably meant Martial?

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Don't mind me being a stat bitch but Sanchez started and played the entire 90 minutes? You probably meant Martial?

Yeah sorry... What I mean is that you have to dictate and attack because that’s what modern football is about and it’s DEFINITELY what Man Utd fans pay their season ticket duties for. 

I think it's telling that he only reached a high level of performance in teams packed with very tactically intelligent players, coached by very thorough, detail-oriented managers. 

Allegri and Conte knew how to organise their teams in such a way that Pogba wasn't actually the main creative force. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I get what you mean and I suppose that players that ply their trade right up front aren't as susceptible to systems, tactics and formations. Although even then we have many examples with coaches from the past and the present that stunt and shackle their front players' talents by giving them the extra responsibility of having to join in the midfield work to defend.  In saying that, a complete modern attacking player will naturally slot back into the midfield area so as to make things more difficult for the opponent and at the same time giving a numerical and quality edge to his own colleagues in midfield.

But I'd also like to emphasise on the detail about players that may be more sensitive to the more conservative approach of some coaches and those players are the midfielders.  The more creative and attack minded midfielder (they're the ones that offer the entertainment mechanics to any side and provide the majority of opportunities for their colleagues playing further forward) will undoubtably suffer more at the hands of a coach that is rigid in his outlook of wanting to capitalise and have his tactics set out to defend an advantage on the scoreboard.  There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that creative midfielders perform better and are more intent on improvising when they play under a coach that promotes an attacking system.

yes.   that's the mentality of football today, go forward with your midfield and forwards but when it comes to defending, defend as a team.    That they should win the ball in midfield rather than in their own defensive half.

as for pogba's situation in United.    That's Jose's biggest problem during knock-out stages, he becomes super defensive.   Just waiting on luck to present itself not making his own luck.   i'm only a football fan, i know i have no right to say this, but Jose should be more on the aggressive side of things coz in two-legged tie, it's do or die.

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again

Archived