talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again

football forum

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Metro is reporting that Pogba has told other players he is prepared to go strike if the atmosphere does not change... 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/29/paul-pogba-tells-manchester-united-teammates-hes-ready-to-go-on-strike-against-jose-mourinho-7991058/

What does Pogba actually want? He was given the armband as an olive branch, even yesterday Mourinho came over to pat him on the back and Pogba just ignored him. If he's not making any effort to build bridges with Mourinho then he's in no position to be the one who says I've had enough and go on strike. Silly cunt.

And let's not pretend this is about Mourinho putting the shackles on. Pogba played a disciplined role for France at the World Cup, actually performed for once and didn't go on strike against Deschamps. This isn't about how Pogba is being asked to play, it's about proving he's the biggest rooster in the pen at Manchester United and now he's come back as a World Cup winner while Mourinhos position is looking threatened Pogba is pressing his advantage.

Again I'll add that I'm not defending Mourinho because people on here have a habit of reading what they want to read and missing your point if you aren't absolutely explicit, but there has at least been some evidence that Mourinho is trying to build bridges here by giving Pogba the armband, putting him on penalties, praising him publicly, even though I know that still means he could be, and probably is, being a cunt about it all out of the public eye.

However, I don't understand how I seem to be almost the only one on here who can actually look past the hilarity of Jose's shambles long enough to be disgusted by Pogba's cynical and very transparent behaviour.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What does Pogba actually want? He was given the armband as an olive branch, even yesterday Mourinho came over to pat him on the back and Pogba just ignored him. If he's not making any effort to build bridges with Mourinho then he's in no position to be the one who says I've had enough and go on strike. Silly cunt.

And let's not pretend this is about Mourinho putting the shackles on. Pogba played a disciplined role for France at the World Cup, actually performed for once and didn't go on strike against Deschamps. This isn't about how Pogba is being asked to play, it's about proving he's the biggest rooster in the pen at Manchester United and now he's come back as a World Cup winner while Mourinhos position is looking threatened Pogba is pressing his advantage.

Again I'll add that I'm not defending Mourinho because people on here have a habit of reading what they want to read and missing your point if you aren't absolutely explicit, but there has at least been some evidence that Mourinho is trying to build bridges here by giving Pogba the armband, putting him on penalties, praising him publicly, even though I know that still means he could be, and probably is, being a cunt about it all out of the public eye.

However, I don't understand how I seem to be almost the only one on here who can actually look past the hilarity of Jose's shambles long enough to be disgusted by Pogba's cynical and very transparent behaviour.

Think this is like when the bad guys in the movie turn and fight amongst themselves mate.  No point taking sides.  just let it play out and hope maximum damage is done. 

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pogba is definitely playing silly buggers with Mourinho but that's not the reason for the results and the dull football. It depends what we're analysing here although this particular thread is about Paul Pogba.  The problem is that both threads (this one and the Mourinho thread) keep pulling back and forth.

Mourinho has had exactly the same issues with high profile players becoming vocal and showing dissent.  It can't always just be about the players although I'm sure all parties have their own share of culpability in whatever is occurring and also separating each issue from the football side of things to the individual one-on-ones.  

There is a pattern with the Pogba situation if we want to go deep into that and look no further than Mino Raiola while associating it with all his high profile clients and their history in this sense.

The club is a joke from top to bottom and it shows exactly why so many of us opposed the Glazers from day one. Not only because of the way they bought the club with the fans money but because they are more interested in selling shirts to gloryhunters in America and Asia than the fans on their own doorstep. That is why I can't be doing with this joke of a club anymore. The whole model seems to be about sponsorship and making money for the inbred Glazer freaks than about having a successful football team.

They appointed Woodward who might be able to con a few foreigners into investing money into this absolutely dull football club but he hasn't got a clue about football - rather like the Glazers. The fact that his first signing was Marouane Fellaini (who makes Anderson look like Paul Scholes) should have sent alarm bells ringing like it did for the fans. 

The club has no idea what they are doing. They have appointed three different managers since Fergie retired and none of them have anything in common apart from playing boring, eyesore football and getting piss poor results. Now they have a squad full of players signed by four managers with differing philosophies and it shows when these lazy useless cunts walk around the pitch watching the opposition play every week. 

Then they appoint Mourinho, an absolute cancer, who I stated five years ago was as far removed from what a United manager should be as is humanly possible. It gives me no pleasure to be proved right as it was inevitable. From throwing players under the bus to park the bus shite football to whining about not having more money to waste on shit like Bailly and Lindelof to claiming that losing to Sevilla isn't a massive embarrassment to United... the man is a cunt.

I'll tell you who is a bigger cunt though, that cunt Pogba. A bang average footballer who never looked special in the reserves. He was about our 3rd or 4th best midfielder in the U 18s too. This cunt would be out the door right now if Mourinho had any bollocks but he panders to the overrated waste of oxygen. If you thought I hated Rooney I'd happily throw this cunt under a bus - literally. He is without doubt the worst signing in the club's history and I can only think of Bebe who is worse and not by much. Oh for an Alan Smith or Djemba-Djemba instead of this dabbing piece of shit.

If United had anyt sense they'd fuck Woodward, Mourinho and Pogba all off by lunchtime

Forgot to add actually, compare how the Glazers have run United since Fergie retired to how Citeh are run. Their setup is absolutely world class from the training facilities to the whole footballing side of things as well as the commercial side. When they do something there is a clear vision in place and a clear direction they want to go in. I used to mock them and probably never gave them any credit for what they did but I can hand on my heart say that Citeh are everything that United should be right now. They have a great youth system, great scouting, great director of football, great manager who plays great football, great owners who genuinely care about the club (and the local fans to be fair, Citeh do a lot more for the locals than United). It pains me to say all this but it is true.

Also, note how managers like Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino actually coach players and improve them rather than bin them off after a few bad games and demand more money to sign other players like Jose does. He is an absolute fraud and I maintain that if Paul Scholes goal v Porto was not wrongly disalowed nobody outside Portugal would even know who Mourinho is now

On the video, after the geniuses at Reddit  cleared the background noices and enhanced the audio,  Mourinho was pissed off at Pogba because he thought Pogba uploaded a video on his social media after the loss against Derby. 

Pogba did upload a video after the game, but the video was taken during the game, hence the confusion. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Pogba just isn't as good as people think he is. No surprise he looks better when he's got better players around him like Kante. He's the definition luxury player.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

What the fuck does Pogba even excel at? Youtube highlights? It is almost as if his entire style is meant to be condensed from 90 minute games into a 23 second clips.

He’s a YouTube footballer, definitely. People wanked off about him over a handful of YouTube videos and his FIFA rating, having never actually ever seen him play. 

Neymar is another example of such a footballer. 

The thing is Paul Pogba doesn't even begin to have the marketable image necessary for this. It's as if he's searching notoriety with all these shenanigans.  Neymar does have the image, plenty of it because he's a walking talking money making machine for both himself and his club. The only problem for Neymar (for all of his talent) it's now evident that it's all been white smoke... One excellent match at the top end of football since he arrived in Europe isn't enough and neither should it be.

As for Pogba... Yeah he's definitely raised his game compared to when he returned to Man Utd and had a good World Cup (overrated in that tournament in my view but good anyhow), but all of this attitude of the cockerel in the pen isn't a status he's earned at all.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

They're both products of the media trying to find the next Messi or the next Ronaldo. Changing haircut every month and dancing on instagram doesn't help.

This started everything and it was downhill since

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I still can't believe they did that Pogback hashtag. Imagine pointing out the fact that you let a player leave for free before buying him back for a world record fee. 

I enjoy it and how well it’s aged

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pogback made the whole thing the most cringeworthy signing of all time. People who actually fall for nonsense like that have got no hope in life.

Him and Lingard made it no better after their gay little viral video they made before the cup final against Southampton. 

Rio chewed them out beautifully. Imagine if Keane was still around

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Him and Lingard made it no better after their gay little viral video they made before the cup final against Southampton. 

Rio chewed them out beautifully. Imagine if Keane was still around

Lingard in fairness I think has backed it up on the pitch a bit more than Pogba. I wouldn't have given a toss about all of this cringeworthy instagram nonsense if the performances were there. Maddison's awful for it but if he delivers on the pitch then I've no issue. Pogba just seems to get lapped up for non-footballing reasons. He's a midfielder capable of the odd moment of magic but is by and large pretty ordinary and the peak of his success has been when he's been carried by better players. Luxury player who they should sell.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Paul Pogba on Juventus, United and 'the key to life'

Friday 2 November 2018

As he prepares to return to Turin with United, Paul Pogba tells UEFA.com about his Juventus friends, and how football brings people together.

On meeting his old side in the UEFA Champions League

It's odd but [before the group stage draw] I said to my brother: "Can you imagine if we end up in the same group as Juventus?" It was a great period of my career.

There's a lot of emotion involved because I had my first [full] season in the [senior] professional game and scored my first goal at Juve. It's there that I developed as a player and so I have huge respect for the club. There will be a lot of emotion when I go back. I also see it as being my stadium – I know I'm at home when I'm at Old Trafford but I also feel very much at home when I return to Juve. However, we're still coming to play a Champions League game, not to visit the stadium. It will be a tough and a very emotional game, especially for me.

Have I stayed in contact with many Juventus team-mates? Yes, I have, absolutely. First of all, you have a French guy there, Blaise [Matuidi]. I also still speak to [Juan] Cuadrado, [Paulo] Dybala. I sometimes get an update from [Leonardo] Bonucci too. We speak on a very regular basis as we had a really good group – we felt like a family. Since leaving Juventus, I've only returned once to see the players. But to go back and play there will be a very good moment and I think the feeling will be mutual.

On why he chose to rejoin Manchester United in 2016

I felt like I was missing something. I wanted to be in the starting [XI] of [Manchester United], wear this jersey and be part of the team. It was not revenge, I wanted to return with more experience. I was much younger [when I left in 2012 after a single senior season and three Premier League appearances]; I learned about a different kind of football when I left and gained experience. I played in the Champions League as well. I came back with more maturity, I would say.

Of course, I've come back home. I joined the youth academy here. I'm at home here and it will always be that way. I grew up with my team-mates and we've all been reunited again in the first team, so it's a beautiful story.

On working with UEFA's #Equal Game campaign

We try to be role models for everyone. We also have to send out the message that everyone can do a sport like football. It makes people happy. When [France] became world champions, we were all together. Every race came together, we hugged and kissed each other; it was wonderful, and that's what football can give to people all around the world.

Sport can bring people together and that's the purpose of this campaign, to make people aware that football is for everyone, not for a single skin colour. If you look at the Manchester [United] squad, we've got Belgians, Italians, Brazilians and we're all in it together. We're learning about cultures and we discover things. We all lead the same lives, but it's just that we're from different countries.

We all respect each other and what's needed is respect and acceptance of others. That's the key to life. You can't allow yourself to get hung up about things like discrimination, race and things like that. When we live together, we live better.

© 1998-2018 UEFA. All rights reserved.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2579650.html

Archived