The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again

football forum

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do we need to?

You can have a high five, you can have a high five, everyone can have a high five, but you can't have a high five. Schoolyard stuff.

Yes, we do, given the nature of Pogba's reaction. For all we know Mourinho could of told him to fuck off. 

He never likes to do anything behind close doors. You don't hang your dirty laundry in public. Mourinho's ego will always come first, and as history has shown it will inevitably be his demise. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Do we need to?

You can have a high five, you can have a high five, everyone can have a high five, but you can't have a high five. Schoolyard stuff.

No one made an issue of that except for Mourinho... To create a scene over that is a bit ridiculous. If Mourinho went to shake his hand and Pogba snubbed him then I could understand feeling disrespected but that's not what happened.

And why would Pogba offer to shake Mourinho's hand anyway after it was made public that Mourinho won't make him captain again? If you're gonna publicly throw your players under the bus, I don't think you get to be offended by them shaking other people's hands and not yours.

The most interesting thing will be to see how the rest of the players react.

• Subscriber

I can't be arsed debating in favour of Mourinho but suffice to say they're both cunts. I just think Pogba is worse. Narrowly. Mourinho at least offered the olive branch of making him captain in the first place. After they lost to Brighton Pogba admitted his attitude was wrong and that wasn't right yet he has continued to stir things up in the press with thinly veiled barbs aimed at Mourinho after repeatedly embarrassing himself and the club with his woeful performances on the pitch, so he deserves to be stripped of the captaincy in my opinion and arguably deserves a dressing down in front of the players to remind them that the manager is actually in charge of the club but that seems to be an alien concept to players these days. They're both absolute cumstains though and United would be better putting them both out on their arses.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Without knowing what was said, it's all just speculation. Considering that Pogba keeps hanging around him after giving him that stare and they keep talking... I don't think it's anywhere near as important as the media are playing it up to be. 

there's definitely some kind of disagreement. No doubt a lot of sensationalism from the media but also no doubt they don't get along any more. They seem to have a very fractious and volatile 'relationship/friendship'. 

And bear in mind we've only seen 30 seconds (if that) worth of clips. Who knows what has happened off camera - they could have been laughing and joking for all we know about something. Or after that as well. But that doesn't follow the narrative of the story that's getting so much attention right now.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It would take something incredible to change my point of view that Pogba is a massive problem for United and they need to get rid. Bigger problem than Mourinho for me.

At least Mourinho wants the club to do well while he's manager even if he is a cunt who looks like he's also past it as a manager. Pogba only cares about furthering his image and getting more Instagram followers. 

exactly why i can't see him at Barca. Would be like them signing balotelli....

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

People are reading too much into the footage 

Agreed. It's above insignificant but a long way below major. 

Would be totally unsurprised if this was a cut down of the worst moment of a session where they also hugged and joked. There is no balance to what gets reported these days. The story is always tainted by a desire to  take the angle that further strengthens a pre existing narrative. 

Disagree. 

Liverpool at least show progression under a manager they back. United look like they will be struggling for 5th and show no signs of improvement in spite the millions spent. 

You can blow the same rhetoric all you like, but at the end of the day only one of those clubs looks like winning a trophy this season and for the foreseeable future. 

20 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Blow the same rethoric all you want ? Just like you like going on and on about mou's third season, ima go on and on about Klopp's epic failures during big time games. Best front three could only get one past RM and the most expensive defender did shit except had the best view  of Bale's goal. Klopp the cheerleader will never change.  

Except Mourinho looks more and more likely to be sacked whereas Klopp continues to improve Liverpool. :what:

Seems like you are banking on the failures of Liverpool moreso than the success of your own club. 

I know Mourinho's spending has been well documented, but without a class center back I think it would have been naive for anybody to expect them to compete for the title this season.

What he can be judged on though is the players he signed before this window. In struggling to justify players that you can definitely state have improved under Mourinho. Whilst at Liverpool and City there players seemed to have progressed to another level. Van Gaal was crazy but a lot of the young players did improve under him.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I know Mourinho's spending has been well documented, but without a class center back I think it would have been naive for anybody to expect them to compete for the title this season.

What he can be judged on though is the players he signed before this window. In struggling to justify players that you can definitely state have improved under Mourinho. Whilst at Liverpool and City there players seemed to have progressed to another level. Van Gaal was crazy but a lot of the young players did improve under him.

Considering Mourinho's conservative approach (conservative to put it mildly) and how his tactics are to protect the team's back line and goalkeeper, I don't really see the need to make it all even more locked-up at the back by signing a world class centre-back.

He needs to find a modern day Van Nistelrooy or Luis Suárez that doesn't miss sparse opportunities.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sacked Monday. Mourinho, that is. Can’t wait to not hear his name every time I put the radio or Sky on. 

Unfortunately, there’s no transfer window till January and we’ll have to continue seeing the parody that is Paul Pogba until then, hopefully. 

do you knwo Sky?!

Even when he's sacked and out of a job they'll find a way to talk about him.

• Subscriber

I don't think Mourinho will get sacked that soon. Moyes had basically the full season when they were equally bad and when they wanted van Gaal out they waited until the end of the season. I expect this to be a pretty slow death with at least three public votes of confidence from Ed Woodward before they eventually give him the bullet after they get knocked out of the first knockout round of the Champions League.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Pogba gets subbed and barely glances at Jose as he walks off.

Metro is reporting that Pogba has told other players he is prepared to go strike if the atmosphere does not change... 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/29/paul-pogba-tells-manchester-united-teammates-hes-ready-to-go-on-strike-against-jose-mourinho-7991058/

Archived