talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again

football forum

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure about that, Rooney absolutely bummed Fergie and Manchester United in 2010. Made them look tits.

I think he means Fergie in his prime at his ultimate powers.  Nobody got out of line and got away with it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Keane was ousted once he got too big for his boots by Fergie.

Hadnt there been bust ups prior to the one in 2005?

Keane was already finished tbf, not to mention SAF got Fletcher to replace him. 

Rooney was in his prime. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hadnt there been bust ups prior to the one in 2005?

Keane was already finished tbf, not to mention SAF got Fletcher to replace him. 

Rooney was in his prime. 

For me the greatest thing Sir Alex Ferguson managed was maintaining competitivity after the golden era was evidently over.  He still managed to dominate the domestic league and was a constant challenge in the Champions League even though he should've won it more times with what he had previously built.

It's a testimony to his management skills that when it was all starting to dissipate around him player wise, he still managed to stay competitive but he no longer had that strong arm control he once had with that home brewed generation that he pushed forward.  When you have foreign players coming in, they may respect you for what you've done, but they know the business and they know how far they can reach which is why the club stretches itself to sign them, they're not stupid.

As for Roy Keane...  A great player in his position but one that was hot headed as even the great Brian Clough knew all too well.  It's incredible that Keane was subject to two of the greatest managers of all time and two very dominating characters.  It tells us quite a bit I suppose.

Jose Mourinho says he is "in the dark" over Paul Pogba's future at Manchester United but insists the French midfielder has never told him he wants to leave.

Pogba's Old Trafford career has been the subject of intense speculation since the summer with reported interest from Barcelona and his former club Juventus.

The World Cup winner told Sky in Germany earlier in September "who knows what will happen in the future" and the United manager also appears uncertain.

"In this moment I'm completely in the dark," Mourinho said ahead of Saturday's Premier League trip to Watford.

"The only thing that is clear for me is that the player never, never in all these days we are together, told me he wants to leave.

"Paul came back after the World Cup in the week before the start of the Premier League so we have been together for about two months or so and he has never told me that he wants to leave.

"So I can only comment on what is real for me, not in what I read, not in what I listen to. I have no direct relation with the people that write or the people I listen to.

"I have a direct relation with the players and he never told me he wants to leave. If he doesn't tell me he wants to leave it's because he wants to stay - that's my conclusion."

Mourinho was asked if he believed Pogba's agent Mino Raiola was attempting to engineer a move for the 25-year-old.

Pogba scored against Leicester on the opening day of the season

"I don't know if that is true," he added. "I need the agent to tell you (the media) in a way that I can see.

"For example this week I read a few things that Gareth Southgate supposedly said but then I watched the footage and he didn't say at all what was written.

"So if I watch Mr Raiola saying on the screen that the player wants to leave and that he is organising a way for him to try to leave then I will believe."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

He and Mourinho have had a massive domestic.

Pogba came out criticising him yesterday. Mourinho's now said he will never be captain again in front of all other players.

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba Discussion - Mourinho Says He'll Never Be Captain Again
8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pogba is correct here, Mourinho is eating away at the heart of Manchester United. He is poison and will damage the club far more than Pogba could.

I just cannot see him at Barca. He doesn't seem to fit their image mould. 

PSG seems more his style. 

• Subscriber

It would take something incredible to change my point of view that Pogba is a massive problem for United and they need to get rid. Bigger problem than Mourinho for me.

At least Mourinho wants the club to do well while he's manager even if he is a cunt who looks like he's also past it as a manager. Pogba only cares about furthering his image and getting more Instagram followers. 

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

It would take something incredible to change my point of view that Pogba is a massive problem for United and they need to get rid. Bigger problem than Mourinho for me.

At least Mourinho wants the club to do well while he's manager even if he is a cunt who looks like he's also past it as a manager. Pogba only cares about furthering his image and getting more Instagram followers. 

#Pogbance

Pogba has never shown such dissent to technical staff in the past as he is right now.  Although he does have a pretty domineering character from what I've observed over the years... Still, one must note that the two things are very different and I repeat, this dissent towards his coach is something unprecedented coming from Pogba.  Let's also add to the mix who Paul Pogba has as his agent in the shape of amino Raiola who is much more of a threat in all of these things than the player or any player himself/themselves.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Mourinho actually creates the culture at the club. The man is a rancid cancer there, I could not believe Manchester United with their grand history would ever employ him. He is made for clubs like Chelsea et al. 

Power struggle there by two underperforming egomaniacs there.

Both will believe in their own self importance and no doubt, we’re days away from a controversial pre-match press conference and a new haircut from the two of them and frankly, it’s utterly mind numbing, predictable and beyond monotonous. 

Get rid of both. Both as equally vaccuous and dull as each other. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Mourinho is like a child in situations where things aren't going well. He makes the situation a lot worse for himself. It's great viewing.

I don't know if this is referring to the tweet @Cannabis posted but if it is I don't see how anyone could conclude that Mourinho is the one acting like a child. If you aren't referring to the tweet ignore the fact I've quoted you.

However, kudos to Pogba for making my opinion of him drop even lower than it already was. Didn't think it was possible. I can't wait for his next Instagram post stating that Jose Mourinho is no longer invited to his next birthday party.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know if this is referring to the tweet @Cannabis posted but if it is I don't see how anyone could conclude that Mourinho is the one acting like a child. If you aren't referring to the tweet ignore the fact I've quoted you.

However, kudos to Pogba for making my opinion of him drop even lower than it already was. Didn't think it was possible. I can't wait for his next Instagram post stating that Jose Mourinho is no longer invited to his next birthday party.

We don't even know what was said. 

Archived