talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Billericay Town Owner & Manager Glenn Tamplin Sacks and Re-Appoints Himself

football forum

The steel company owner, Billericay Town 'saviour', owner and manager, who's currently facing trial for sending death threats to one of his own players, GlennTamplin, has sacked himself as manager of the club after a 5-2 defeat to Wealdstone in the FA Trophy yesterday.

It all stems from asking his players to 'donate' a weeks wages after losing three games in a row, his player's declined and he said he'd quit if they lost to Wealdstone. 

The wheels are seemingly coming off with this and the impending court case coming up.

• The title was changed to Billericay Town Owner & Manager Glenn Tamplin Sacks Himself
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

he sent death threats :o. Why?! 

He signed a player in the Summer on, alleged, 4k a week. A few weeks later, they fell out and Tamplin wanted to get rid. He offered the play £5k to leave, the player rejected and was then told he couldn't train with the side before Tamplin started sending threatening messages.

I've seen some of his interviews, the guys big on how much he does for the community, the club, the people and doesn't seem to let people forget it.

I suppose Billericay Town will at least come out of this with a better stadium

He sounds like a cunt. He's still going to be involved though, the first team coach is being the manager and he's going to be the assistant I think, I watched Lowestoft v Billericay back in August. Billericay won 2-1 and had Jermaine Pennant, Kevin Foley and Konchesky playing..I think only Foley is left there and they've also had Jamie O'hara at some point this season.

On 25/02/2018 at 15:20, Smiley Culture said:

He signed a player in the Summer on, alleged, 4k a week. A few weeks later, they fell out and Tamplin wanted to get rid. He offered the play £5k to leave, the player rejected and was then told he couldn't train with the side before Tamplin started sending threatening messages.

Yea Jermaine Pennant.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Think Pennant has left though hasn't he?

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Think Pennant has left though hasn't he?

he was forced to take a pay cut and he did leave last week after it came out he has sex shows on web cams. 

The player that was actually threatened was Elliot Kebbie who again was forced to take a pay cut but he refused.   Glenn tamplin also tried to give Jamie O'Hara wife money to sleep with her xD

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

No, not Jermaine Pennant, though Pennant did sign for them. It’s some kid called Kebble. 

Yeah Sorry I was going to say Pennant was forced to take a pay cut as was Kebbie but Kebbie refused and was threatened what would happen if he didnt. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tamplin left the mach 20 mins early yesterday when Billericay were 3-0 down, they went on to lose 4-1, and they've released the below 'statement' xD

'

CLUB STATEMENT | After several stories are appearing online regarding @glenntamplin's early departure yesterday, we would to announce Glenn was always going to leave early due to having a flight to catch and is now away on business for the next few days

• 5 months later...

Billericay Town are up for sale. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/glenn-tamplin-puts-billericay-town-13183645.amp

Been told a couple of times that he was the money behind drugs in Essex, though I don’t know if I believe it. I think it would have come out a long time ago.

That said, this is a man who has sacked and re-appointed himself a number of times, so this “sale” is not likely at all. 

It would be the best thing for the club though. It’s a decent club there and I feel sorry for the proper fans there. 

Looking at his statement, the odious little man has thrown his toys out the pram because someone has dobbed him in about being a coke fiend. Almost like 'My ball, I'm going home (with my £2.5m investment too)'

Won't happen. Seems like he's too invested in his own image as some kind of saviour to do something so silly.

On 03/09/2018 at 06:43, Smiley Culture said:

There’s a video of his post match interview at Woking which you’d say is very damning in regards to the cocaine allegations. 

He strikes me as quite charismatic and passionate anyway which makes it difficult to conclude. He's definitely showing symptoms.

• 1 year later...

Archived