talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Billericay Town Owner & Manager Glenn Tamplin Sacks and Re-Appoints Himself

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloke does seem a bit unhinged but you can't deny what he did for Billericay (I have no idea how sustainable they now are mind!). Given the dismal past few years Romford have had, it may not be the worst thing to happen to them. They have permission for a new ground to return to the area don't they? Played down at East Thurrock when I saw them last but believe they have moved on since.

1 hour ago, tlr said:

Bloke does seem a bit unhinged but you can't deny what he did for Billericay (I have no idea how sustainable they now are mind!). Given the dismal past few years Romford have had, it may not be the worst thing to happen to them. They have permission for a new ground to return to the area don't they? Played down at East Thurrock when I saw them last but believe they have moved on since.

Yeah, there is identifiable success at Billericay there but how sustainable they will be now is a mystery I imagine. Their attendances went up when Tamplin come in, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. 

Romford were playing at Rush Green in Romford I believe till West Ham kicked them out to make way for their women’s and junior sides and then went to East Thurrock and now Brentwood. No idea if they have any plans to move back but I imagine they will do now. 

Archived