• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Final - Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wenger and the Arsenal players are just as bad as each other. Most of them need flushing down the toilet.

Wenger is the problem mate and has been for years, some people saw this was happening several years ago and now this is the punishment to the fans that wanted him to stay. 

• The title was changed to EFL Cup Final - Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City

I just don't know what to say really. I feel so sorry for Arsenal fans having to sit and watch that shit. People with say "try watching a league 2 relegation battle if you think that's bad" but I genuinely think is on the same level as that. This club has so much potential, being stunted by greed and loyalty to an absolute dinosaur in Wenger. And to make matters absolutely worse you look out there at those players and apart from Wilshere & Monreal (who has always came across as genuinely loving the club) NONE of those cunts give a shit. No effort, nothing. If you can't put in a performance in a fucking cup final then you might as well pack up and go home. That was pathetic and I hope that things are sorted for the sake of the fans and that football club. 

It might sound weird that I want to see Arsenal improve, but I genuinely want this league to be good. I want clubs to be competitive, because it makes football so much more exciting. 

Anyone seen wilshere putting some of the blame on the ref? Pathetic and the fact that he’s wrong about everything he’s said is even more embarrassing. Add to that he dived in the second half and didn’t get booked. Hate him. 

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'd like to hear what Bellerin has to say now 

People like Bellerin are the problems with the attitude of the players, he is too much involved in other things apart from football, I have seen it so many times with other young footballers who get side tracked and eventually their career falls away, due to their arrogance.   He needs to keep his head down and improve his game as he has been one of the worst performers this season but there is not competition for his place which is another story down to the manager. 

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

People like Bellerin are the problems with the attitude of the players, he is too much involved in other things apart from football, I have seen it so many times with other young footballers who get side tracked and eventually their career falls away, due to their arrogance.   He needs to keep his head down and improve his game as he has been one of the worst performers this season but there is not competition for his place which is another story down to the manager. 

Another of the main reasons why people should think before opening their mouth. Intelligence doesn't get amplified in football training sessions as you've either got it or you haven't.

Like in all walks of life, what you do or say can come back to haunt you and the fans are sacred!

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I can remember van Gaal being called everything under the sun because he played three at the back in the Premier League. 

Mad that Conte then went and won the league with it.

Barcelona have used 3 at the back for over two decades due to Cruyff (not always, but very prominent when required) and in Holland as in Italy it's a common occurrence.  It's a tactical tool that if either your players are well versed and trained in the format (because it isn't easy to play ot well for most players), it is very useful for high end games.  In saying this, I've never seen it used as the basis of a continuous way of playing (doing it very well) until Conte came along as a coach and that's credit to the Italian.  People like Van Gaal and others before him have used it when necessary but not as the basic standard for their football.  I infact think this is where Conte is having issues this season because the amount of diversity needed from your playing staff and the discipline required makes me think those Chelsea players want something more squared and binary to their football.  Conte almost seems like the Italian version of Bielsa, only that Conte knows how to communicate with his players whereas Bielsa doesn't unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I can remember van Gaal being called everything under the sun because he played three at the back in the Premier League. 

Mad that Conte then went and won the league with it.

van Gaal's problem was never the formation, it's that the players he was using were shit (or at best not suited to the formation).

In as much as it's possible for me to enjoy Chelsea's success, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Conte make the English football press look like the mongs they are by walking the league with 3 at the back. It wasn't just that they were wrong, it was lazy and stupid journalism as other teams in the past have employed that formation successfully in the Premier League.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2018 at 08:04, bozziovai said:

and yet we'll still be seeing Wenger next season in the dug out .............

A bit late but :shoot:

Archived