• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What time do you get up?

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I usually work late into the night, so normally I go to bed around 4-5am and get up around 11am. If I'm too tired and don't feel like getting up, I might sometimes stay in bed until 1pm or so though haha. On those days where I have something planned, I just get up whenever I have to. 

• Administrator

got my alarm for 7.20am during the week for work.

2 questions.

Does anyone else get up just before their alarm goes off?! 

Does anyone else get up early on the weekend because they're used to getting up early during the week?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

2 questions.

Does anyone else get up early on the weekend because they're used to getting up early during the week?

Yes... I hardly ever use alarm these days, but when I do, I seem to always wake up moments before it goes off. Used to be the same in the past when I had regular working hours too.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Yes... I hardly ever use alarm these days, but when I do, I seem to always wake up moments before it goes off. Used to be the same in the past when I had regular working hours too.

i get a mixed feeling of achievement and annoyance. 

Yay I beat my alarm.

Fuck sake, could have had a few more minutes of sleep. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

i get a mixed feeling of achievement and annoyance. 

Yay I beat my alarm.

Fuck sake, could have had a few more minutes of sleep. 

I hate being woken up by alarm, so I prefer it that way, hehe. One of the best feelings in the world is waking up in the middle of the night thinking that it's morning already, and then realising you still have like 4 hours of sleep left :x

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

2 questions.

Yes to both. I am basically up at 6:30am everyday. Got home at 3:30am Sunday morning, but my body still got me up at like 7. Fucking shite.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I hate being woken up by alarm, so I prefer it that way, hehe. One of the best feelings in the world is waking up in the middle of the night thinking that it's morning already, and then realising you still have like 4 hours of sleep left :x

i don't like this sometimes! Broken sleep really annoys me and it really affects me by the time I do wake up. 

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Yes to both. I am basically up at 6:30am everyday. Got home at 3:30am Sunday morning, but my body still got me up at like 7. Fucking shite.

ah man this is even worse waking up mega early after a night out. 

45 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can you get back to sleep easily after you wake up early?, when that happens to me sometimes i can but many times i don't.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Can you get back to sleep easily after you wake up early?, when that happens to me sometimes i can but many times i don't.

Usually yes... I only seem to have problems with it if I've been drinking the night before; then I usually just wake up early in the morning and can't fall asleep again ¬¬

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Usually yes... I only seem to have problems with it if I've been drinking the night before; then I usually just wake up early in the morning and can't fall asleep again ¬¬

Dehydration. 

Same thing with me. Could fall asleep piss drunk at 3am, wake up at 7am and can't fall back to sleep. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

2 questions.

Most mornings when working I will wake before the alarm goes off and on my days off when I really could do with some kip my body just keeps waking me up early regardless... bloody annoying some days when I wonder if I could ever just have one night with 6 or 7 hours straight kip without waking up at some point... 

8 hours ago, Berserker said:

Depends, like you I tend not to be able to get back to kip and this is worse when I am off, I just seem to wake at a random time and be almost fully awake and end up getting out of bed and going downstairs and start pottering about.. 

7 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I have the alarm set for 6:00 but always wake up at 5:45

Mine is set for 5:45 and I might wake up at least 3 times before that goes off... 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I do enjoy that bit when working especially if I near the end of the shift days and proper tired.. even knowing you still have an hour left to get some shut eye can be great... 

35 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

6am so that I can fit a workout in before work.

If I didn't then I could get up at about 7:40.

Related image

xD

Work wise - First alarm is at 5am. I have a back up at 5.10am. And another back up if I'm really struggling at 5.15. I never get straight up at the first alarm.

If I have nothing to get up for it's usually between 10-11am. I am 100% not a morning person.

• Subscriber

I'm a disgrace. If I'm working I'm up about 8ish. If not and I've got nothing on the next day I'll end up staying up until silly o clock and getting up at about midday xD I take relaxing Sunday to a new level.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Dehydration. 

Same thing with me. Could fall asleep piss drunk at 3am, wake up at 7am and can't fall back to sleep. 

I'm often the same. Tend to think that varies based on what I drink though.

Can remember the days of alcopops. The shittest nights sleep going after any of them.

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Mine is set for 5:45 and I might wake up at least 3 times before that goes off...

Mine isn't set for anything this week as I'm out of action for a minimum of 5 weeks, but I'm the same as you, I wake up a few times in the night. It must be an age thing as I never used to wake up even once until recent years.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mine isn't set for anything this week as I'm out of action for a minimum of 5 weeks, but I'm the same as you, I wake up a few times in the night. It must be an age thing as I never used to wake up even once until recent years.

I got told once that as you get older you seem to need less sleep and finding that to be true these days.. Depending on what you read and of course believe some suggest that broken sleep is a possible sign of something wrong health wise... If I thought that believing the former helped me sleep better at night I would take that one of the two but it would make no difference to my sleeping patterns... xD

8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

haven't you seen Geordie shore, we are all ripped :ph34r:

Like I would be watching that old shit.... xD 

When I am finally in the old peeps home then I might be forced in to watching things like that and constant re-runs of Fantasy Island because my medication won't allow me to use my legs to escape... 

Seriously though if you are working out that time in the morning then that's dedication...  

Archived