• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

whenever Mrs @Cannabis is done with me. 

Usually only takes a few minutes..

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Why does every topic I try start turn into something sexual? Grow up Stan ¬¬

I meant usually only takes a few minutes to go to bed. 

Your mind is in the gutter. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

To answer the question, school nights I'm in bed by 10 🙈

Are you a morning person in general? I've always been a night owl, so even when I had to get up early every morning, I always struggled with going to bed before 1-2am, resulting in extreme cumulative sleep debt over the years :/ Back when I was studying for my master's  and working two jobs, I basically slept 5 or less hours a night for almost two years, that was horrible.

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Are you a morning person in general? I've always been a night owl, so even when I had to get up early every morning, I always struggled with going to bed before 1-2am, resulting in extreme cumulative sleep debt over the years :/ Back when I was studying for my master's  and working two jobs, I basically slept 5 or less hours a night for almost two years, that was horrible.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge morning person, but don't find it too hard to get up early. I'm someone who needs 8 hours or so otherwise I'm pretty knackered the next day. I have never been in the habit of staying up too late (outside of weekends, average bedtime there is 12-1 or later if I'm out on the alcohol).

I come home exhausted from work so that doesn't help me stay up late I suppose! 

How do you feel after 5 hours sleep or so? I used to work nights, sometimes until 3, I'd wake up for uni at like 9, and just be ruined haha 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I wouldn't say I'm a huge morning person, but don't find it too hard to get up early. I'm someone who needs 8 hours or so otherwise I'm pretty knackered the next day. I have never been in the habit of staying up too late (outside of weekends, average bedtime there is 12-1 or later if I'm out on the alcohol).

I come home exhausted from work so that doesn't help me stay up late I suppose! 

How do you feel after 5 hours sleep or so? I used to work nights, sometimes until 3, I'd wake up for uni at like 9, and just be ruined haha 

Not too bad at first, it's ok after a shower and a cup of coffee, but after a while, I started feeling constantly tired during the day (except in the evening/at night when it's bed time haha). That was not the worst thing though; I noticed that I tend to become easily upset and get into a sort of frustrated/depressive mood due to lack of sleep, something that's not very like me otherwise. Worse than PMS haha. 

Varies for me. It usually depends on how I did with nutrition throughout the day and the time I got up. For example, if I woke up at 6 AM, I struggle to stay past 11:30 but if I woke up anything later than 10, I enjoy the nighttime even if there isn't much to do. I like staying past 3 AM and usually do. Maybe catch an A-League game while I'm up, but often my brain shuts off after 11 and I don't work on my journalistic projects. I also don't come on here because everyone is sleeping. I also don't take a walk because although I live in a safe part of Lima, its still not exactly safe to go out on your own past 11.

If I have an FM save, I make the most of it at night but right now I don't have one so the past few nights I've been trying to complete the Crash N Sanity Trilogy, which I need to get all the platinums on Crash 2. Just 4 left for me.

Often if I want to enjoy the nightime but woke up too early, I plan it by taking a nap during the day.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That's terribly unhealthy and I endorse it 100%

I've tried over the years to develop a nice time to tuck into bed sadly its never worked. Coincidentally I have also solved some of my worst work problems around 4AM in the morning while I am loitering around the house wondering what to do. Surely there is some correlation.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I've tried over the years to develop a nice time to tuck into bed sadly its never worked. Coincidentally I have also solved some of my worst work problems around 4AM in the morning while I am loitering around the house wondering what to do. Surely there is some correlation.

Same here, and most productive late at night in general, while I don't seem to be mentally awake before noon either way, regardless of how many hours of sleep I had. We must be some kind of nocturnal creatures xD  I actually feel best when I go to bed between 3 and 4 am, and get up around 11. The worst thing for me was working shifts though, as it meant having a completely different schedule every week; now that really messed with my biological clock...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Same here, and most productive late at night in general, while I don't seem to be mentally awake before noon either way, regardless of how many hours of sleep I had. We must be some kind of nocturnal creatures xD  I actually feel best when I go to bed between 3 and 4 am, and get up around 11. The worst thing for me was working shifts though, as it meant having a completely different schedule every week; now that really messed with my biological clock...

Out of sheer curiosity what kind of work do you do? Does it involve interacting with people in an alternate time zone?

• Subscriber
Just now, Mel81x said:

Out of sheer curiosity what kind of work do you do? Does it involve interacting with people in an alternate time zone?

Thankfully, not xD After doing a few years in customer support, logistics and travel arrangements, I hope to never have to interact with people again. Well job-wise, I mean xD 

I'm working with data, mostly database development and upkeep.

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Thankfully, not xD After doing a few years in customer support, logistics and travel arrangements, I hope to never have to interact with people again. Well job-wise, I mean xD 

I'm working with data, mostly database development and upkeep.

Nerd...

Archived