The better place to talk football.

What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Anything before 12 noon is not lunch it's breakfast...

Brunch  :P

"Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, and regularly has some form of alcoholic drink (most usually champagne or a cocktail) served with it. It is usually served anytime before 3 o'clock in the afternoon. The word is a portmanteau of breakfast and lunch."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunch

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Brunch  :P

"Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, and regularly has some form of alcoholic drink (most usually champagne or a cocktail) served with it. It is usually served anytime before 3 o'clock in the afternoon. The word is a portmanteau of breakfast and lunch."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunch

Brunch was just something that was invented by Obese people so they could cram another meal between Breakfast and Lunch.... 

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Brunch was just something that was invented by Obese people so they could cram another meal between Breakfast and Lunch.... 

Don't forget elevenses too! 

I remember the times when I used to work in the office and take my lunch in with me. I'd end up snacking on the lunch before lunchtime even came along xD

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I had to Google that but when I saw it said...

"...Peruvian Creole Aji de Gallina recipe, a spicy, creamy, comforting chicken stew flavoured with aji Amarillo chillies".

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/aji-de-gallina-recipe

Thank's Brian, I love chicken and the wife loves curries (and me) and when she saw that she is now tossing up for a Spaghetti Bolognaise or a Curry for Saturday or Sunday dinner, my stomach is rumbling already. :P

I simply refuse to believe there's a better dish than Aji de Gallina. If you ever stop by a Peruvian restaurant, give it a try. You won't regret it.

Ceviche is great and all but for me this is THE Peruvian dish.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

A slight spicy chicken korma! 

They do look similar. I do wonder how similar Peruvian and Indian food compare. Both have amazing cuisines and are amongst the best in the world alongside Italy and France.

I made myself avocado toast and I didn't like it, so I can officially prove that I'm not a hipster. I even made it as nice as I could. Sliced it onto rye bread, with a drizzle of olive oil and some chilli flakes on top. 

I don't mind avocado, but I'd much rather just slice it in half and eat it on its own.

53 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

They do look similar. I do wonder how similar Peruvian and Indian food compare. Both have amazing cuisines and are amongst the best in the world alongside Italy and France.

France? No thanks 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I remember the times when I used to work in the office and take my lunch in with me. I'd end up snacking on the lunch before lunchtime even came along xD

Ditto xD

The wife would do her nut with me, make me some packed lunch and even microwave meals and I would nosh the lot before lunch and when I would ring her up saying I bought 2 large Greg the Bakers sausage rolls for lunch and she would say "what about the packed lunch I made you?" me "all noshed darling..." and her "Jesus Christ, no wonder you are putting on the beef!!!!"  xD

I had this for dinner but it’d make a banging lunch anyway, all very simple to buy and make, easy to buy from Lidl.

Chips were simple, cut potatoes up into chips and oil/salt/pepper/herbs then stick in the oven on 150 for half hour. Up to 200 to caramelise/crisp.

then the burger. Oh the burger. Easy and beautiful burger. Warburtons burger buns preferably, unless you can get some nice burger buns elsewhere. Grill them, warm and toasted but not burnt or cooked. Get a big sweet potato, cut out a burger patty shape, either circle or square who cares. Oil, salt, pepper, herbs, garlic, a lot of garlic, all of the garlic. Cook on 150 for half hour and then top up with a cheeky 200 for 10-15 mins. When done fry a party size slab of Halloumi, the secret weapon. Smother in lemon as much as you can. Fry for a few mins. Then chuck it all together in a bun, plus some basil/parsley and mint to go alongside the garlic and lemon, a chuck a slice of tomato on top.

Garlic sweet potato, lemon halloumi, basil leaves, mint leaves and tomato. Then pour a load of perinaise on top and you have the perfect burger 

• Subscriber

Going for a wee walk and get some fresh air and keep my legs active then come back and have a lovely chicken breast salad.

The trouble with this lockdown bit if I don't go out for a walk after 2 days my sciatica gives me jip, my left leg seems to lock up and it takes me all my time getting out of the sofa, but the ham salad will make up for that. 

No lunch, infact bar smoothie, I saved myself for a bank holiday bbq instead.

Not gonna lie, stuffed myself silly. Feel I earned it for a long forest walk today.

Ate salad nearly every day last week so no chance it was going on this plate.

20200509_190242.thumb.jpg.fc134ac66d7c443cb098dde1e6b87b84.jpg

Pure meat fest. Not sorry.

• Subscriber
On 25/05/2020 at 20:41, Lucas said:

Pure meat fest. Not sorry.

Same here, just had what you could call a breakfast only because we were watching a tv show called 'Four In A Bed' featuring four Bed & Breakfast owning couples, one venue each day of the week, with the final day reserved for feedback debates and the announcement of the winner.

So, my dinner was Sausages, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Fried Toms and Beans all smothered in red sauce, as Del Boy would say...

s-l400.jpg

Archived