What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Ham & Chicken Fillet salad today.

82478135_10158520317427855_5948930156718

I always feel sorry for your lettuce John.

Looks so pale, like it's just walked off one of them badass rollercoasters, ready to collapse and die xD

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Looks so pale, like it's just walked off one of them badass rollercoasters, ready to collapse and die xD

I will be honest buddy the wife is far better dishing the lettuce out than me, she was downstairs in the back garden with our daughter and grandson and left me to do my dinner, the wife normally gets the lettuce and trims off the dead bits and if she thinks the lettuce is finished she will toss it, not me, I will just rip the lettuce off and pile it on the plate, old army habits never change when you are hungry. xD  

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Fuck the lettuce, look at that plate design and picture clarity.... John is certainly stepping up his game here and it's going unnoticed... 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Fuck the lettuce, look at that plate design and picture clarity.... John is certainly stepping up his game here and it's going unnoticed... 

9_9  :x  :hh:

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well, I thought I'd have a go at a Curry. No paste or jar, complete scratch.

Pretty happy with the result, clean ingrediants and so tasty.

Went great with Coconut Rice.

IMG_20200619_185831_729.thumb.jpg.ea7dc811813c4e48a52b48164e2a6049.jpg

IMG_20200619_185831_730.thumb.jpg.6ce281158544a920b525214649ba78b0.jpg

Looks fantastic...

Also, did you buy a new plate? :4_joy:

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Looks fantastic...

Also, did you buy a new plate? :4_joy:

Cheers. I put Spinach and Sugarsnaps in which went together well. Not overpowering but a good kick in there. I put some greek yoghurt in to make it a bit creamier too.

That is actually a dish but it does look a plate haha. None of them are actually my plates I must add, they are hand me downs until I have a new house and then I'll buy my own xD

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think he did, after seeing Johns one this morning wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go out and buy it this afternoon... 

To be fair, John's plate game is far superior to mine. I will let him keep the anorexic lettuce though.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Cheers. I put Spinach and Sugarsnaps in which went together well. Not overpowering but a good kick in there. I put some greek yoghurt in to make it a bit creamier too.

That is actually a dish but it does look a plate haha. None of them are actually my plates I must add, they are hand me downs until I have a new house and then I'll buy my own xD

What did you use to make the curry paste? I like cooking curries every once in a while (more Thai style though), but I haven't ever made it from scratch - partially because it's easier, but also because I don't have a food processor and don't have time to make it using a mortar and pestle xD  Always just use Mae Ploy packaged paste and while it's nice enough, I'd like to make one from scratch some time.

Also I had to google what sugarsnaps are, haha...

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

What did you use to make the curry paste? I like cooking curries every once in a while (more Thai style though), but I haven't ever made it from scratch - partially because it's easier, but also because I don't have a food processor and don't have time to make it using a mortar and pestle xD  Always just use Mae Ploy packaged paste and while it's nice enough, I'd like to make one from scratch some time.

Also I had to google what sugarsnaps are, haha...

I cut up onion and stuck it in the pan with garlic, coriander, ginger, garam masalla spice and some ground cumin.

I added a tin of tomatoes, some water and a chicken stock cube to create the sauce and some greek yoghurt to make it creamy. Add a bit more of whatever spice/herb you want till you like the flavour.

Then plonk in Chicken, spinach and sugarsnaps last (or whatever you prefer)

It honestly didn't take long at all.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Well, I thought I'd have a go at a Curry. No paste or jar, complete scratch.

Mate food cooked this way is so much better. Game changer if you get it right first time but even if you don't then great way to learn from and improve. Tastes so much better than anything processed in a jar (which I have used before but only for time purposes!). 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I cut up onion and stuck it in the pan with garlic, coriander, ginger, garam masalla spice and some ground cumin.

I added a tin of tomatoes, some water and a chicken stock cube to create the sauce and some greek yoghurt to make it creamy. Add a bit more of whatever spice/herb you want till you like the flavour.

Then plonk in Chicken, spinach and sugarsnaps last (or whatever you prefer)

It honestly didn't take long at all.

Ah I see, you don't even need food processor for it as it has tomato base. Nice, sounds good! 

The Thai ones I like usually contain galangal/ginger, dried and fresh chilis, lemongrass stalks, cilantro stems and shallots (among other things), so you need to make an actual paste out of it all before frying it in the coconut milk, so I can't get around using the food processor, which is what keeps me from preparing it myself. But I do miss the smell and taste of a freshly made paste, so I might consider getting one...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ah I see, you don't even need food processor for it as it has tomato base. Nice, sounds good! 

The Thai ones I like usually contain galangal/ginger, dried and fresh chilis, lemongrass stalks, cilantro stems and shallots (among other things), so you need to make an actual paste out of it all before frying it in the coconut milk, so I can't get around using the food processor, which is what keeps me from preparing it myself. But I do miss the smell and taste of a freshly made paste, so I might consider getting one...

Well I used real garlic as I had that, but I have tubes of coriander paste and ginger paste which I used so that probably made my life easier.

I can imagine with the fresh ingredients you've listed, you would get a great burst of flavour though for 5/10 mins extra work. Gotta be worth it if you would use it often. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well I used real garlic as I had that, but I have tubes of coriander paste and ginger paste which I used so that probably made my life easier.

I can imagine with the fresh ingredients you've listed, you would get a great burst of flavour though for 5/10 mins extra work. Gotta be worth it if you would use it often. 

Definitely. 

Indian shops have big stems of ginger and big bunches of coriander that'll last ages and cost like 50p. Also with chillis, the dry green or red chillis are so much fresher. A few handfuls will last you a while too. 

On 21/06/2020 at 13:39, CaaC (John) said:

No fancy plate today, just old faithful with a ham & chicken fillet salad with spicy potato wedges. 

download.png.885f224f8aef412343513c927513a87e.png  

What in the name of Gordon Ramsey is that on your ham?

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Gan Bian beef 😍 probably the third spiciest meal I had in my life so far. 

IMG_20200624_160655-01.thumb.jpeg.047d706ed5e7d9d65c57d9daa5d8c892.jpeg

That looks incredible.

I'm not sure how spicy you like food, but I love food that is usually a bit more spicy than normal people enjoy it.

This makes me hungry and want some proper spicy food.

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

That looks incredible.

I'm not sure how spicy you like food, but I love food that is usually a bit more spicy than normal people enjoy it.

This makes me hungry and want some proper spicy food.

Thanks! I love spicy food (as in, proper spicy - not a watered down European version of spicy), but it still has to be balanced so that you can taste all the other flavours too. So I wouldn't touch all those extreme sauces with 10000 Scovilles, for example, because that's just silly showing off. 

Archived