talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thanks! I love spicy food (as in, proper spicy - not a watered down European version of spicy), but it still has to be balanced so that you can taste all the other flavours too. So I wouldn't touch all those extreme sauces with 10000 Scovilles, for example, because that's just silly showing off. 

I agreed. Their is a Thai restaurant near me that I believe has proper spicy food there, and the balance is perfection.

I have a buddy who has a misguided passion for spices that would kill normal humans and small animals, and the smell alone turns my stomach.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I agreed. Their is a Thai restaurant near me that I believe has proper spicy food there, and the balance is perfection.

I have a buddy who has a misguided passion for spices that would kill normal humans and small animals, and the smell alone turns my stomach.

Thai is a great example, because balancing the flavors to create a harmonious final taste is the core of their cuisine. So even when it's extremely spicy, the other flavours balance it out and you get a great tasting meal. 

Dammit, I'd kill for a proper tom yum or som tam now... 

• Administrator

I was watching Saturday Kitchen the other day and the Chinese chef Ching He-Huang made a delightful-looking Oyster-sauce chicken so that's inspired me to cook that at some point, maybe today for dinner or tomorrow. 

Will let you know what it's like. Only if it turns out good though. If it turns out shit I'll resort to what John has and miss out the pictures xD 

• Subscriber
On 24/06/2020 at 18:27, Stan said:

I was watching Saturday Kitchen the other day and the Chinese chef Ching He-Huang made a delightful-looking Oyster-sauce chicken so that's inspired me to cook that at some point, maybe today for dinner or tomorrow. 

Will let you know what it's like. Only if it turns out good though. If it turns out shit I'll resort to what John has and miss out the pictures xD 

So, any updates? :P

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, nudge said:

So, any updates? :P

Haha genuinely forgot to take a picture - think my brain started to melt in the heat. 

It turned out alright but I definitely needed to add a bit more sauce in the marinade. The taste was there though in terms of spice as used some of the Indian spices we usually use.  

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly had this for dinner tonight and I just don’t know why I’ve spent my entire life using Dolmio for anything. Classic Northern European lack of flavour.

But yeah; tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and Rosemary roasted, then minus the rosemary blended into a soup.  Some chilli flakes thrown in for a kick. Eaten with tiger bread cheese and pesto toasties, was genuinely amazing. Fuck this country this is why Italy are favourites to win the Euros.

The pesto wasn’t homemade but what can you do

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdXPh8Mr/

Archived