talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hang in there John, it's all for your own good! 😜

What's made it worse is he is heading out shortly with his mates to watch some footy in the pub and said to the wife "don't worry about lunch, mum, I will be having a pub lunch and some lagers,... :hh:"  BASTARD. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Brunch

Diet going well but it's fucking painful, had my first meal of the day, 2 slices of brown wholemeal bread with 2 large free-range eggs and a sprinkle of black pepper, when I was eating it I closed my eyes and thought of a burger & chips...sigh  😥

thumbnail_20210911_101457.jpg

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Brunch

Diet going well but it's fucking painful, had my first meal of the day, 2 slices of brown wholemeal bread with 2 large free-range eggs and a sprinkle of black pepper, when I was eating it I closed my eyes and thought of a burger & chips...sigh  😥

thumbnail_20210911_101457.jpg

You should experiment with Omelettes mate.. make more of a meal of it

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Omelettes are great! So much variation possible. Or simple scrambled eggs with some veg and mushrooms, and some feta cheese on top. Tastier, more filling, less depressing, and still nutritional and healthy.

You don't have to starve yourself or eat unappealing, one dimensional meals to lose weight...

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Omelettes are great! So much variation possible. Or simple scrambled eggs with some veg and mushrooms, and some feta cheese on top. Tastier, more filling, less depressing, and still nutritional and healthy.

You don't have to starve yourself or eat unappealing, one dimensional meals to lose weight...

They are far more filling than they appear to be on the plate and as you say the variations are many, Our local Cafe does about 6 types or you can create your own.. I do enjoy scrambled eggs but unless there is a ton of it I don't feel like I have had anything to eat.. xD

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Aye, I know but I let the wife make me one as she makes a beautiful omelette with cheese and ham but I don't know if she will add the cheese & ham with it, sigh. 😥

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They are far more filling than they appear to be on the plate and as you say the variations are many, Our local Cafe does about 6 types or you can create your own.. I do enjoy scrambled eggs but unless there is a ton of it I don't feel like I have had anything to eat.. xD

Similar to omelettes, it depends on preparation and what you add to it...

IMG_20210907_150733-01-01.jpeg

:D

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, I know but I let the wife make me one as she makes a beautiful omelette with cheese and ham but I don't know if she will add the cheese & ham with it, sigh. 😥

xD

Just replace the stuff you can't have with stuff that better suits the diet, you can still come up with some filling tasty ideas until you get back to having what you want... The important thing is it will at least feel like you have had a decent meal.. Just out of curiosity how long are you supposed to be on this for?? 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is unfortunately not my creation, as I'm currently staying in a hotel with no kitchen in the room xD 

Is that how you lure the males in is it??? flash them a plate of scrambled and they start drooling at the mouth then become putty in your hands.. 

Very clever... B|

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just out of curiosity how long are you supposed to be on this for?? 

Once I get my weight back down to 160 (11 stone or thereabouts) the doc said that should be my ideal weight for my height.

You got me going with the omelette meal now, the wife said she will make me one for tea with the cheese & ham seeing I have got my weight down to 183, not bad going since it was 190 odds when the nurse weighed me last week.

Omelette for Tea or Supper :x

download.png

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Is that how you lure the males in is it??? flash them a plate of scrambled and they start drooling at the mouth then become putty in your hands.. 

Very clever... B|

Nah, in my experience, a perfect steak works much better... xD 

• Subscriber

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474aoz0wf8xe12490rf1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nah, in my experience, a perfect steak works much better... xD 

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG stop teasing me woman 🥺

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474aoz0wf8xe12490rf1

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG stop teasing me woman 🥺

xD Sorry... But a steak can actually be a great option when dieting (in moderation and keeping portion sizes in mind, of course). A fresh lean cut of good quality beef is a great source of protein and other essential nutrients. Grill it instead of cooking it with butter, and serve it with veg like cauliflower instead of greasy chips, leave out the sauce, and you have a great and filling meal without having to feel guilty.

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD Sorry... But a steak can actually be a great option when dieting (in moderation and keeping portion sizes in mind, of course). A fresh lean cut of good quality beef is a great source of protein and other essential nutrients. Grill it instead of cooking it with butter, and serve it with veg like cauliflower instead of greasy chips, leave out the sauce, and you have a great and filling meal without having to feel guilty.

A+ ;)  ..i do like my steaks fried in olive oil though to keep them juicy! B|

@CaaC (John) fat loss is easy when you understand how the body works, chuck the bread in the bin, it's all about your insulin & leptin, when insulin is high you are in storage mode and cant burn fat. watch this short video, it might just save your life

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2021 at 16:43, nudge said:

Freshly caught and grilled Gründlinge (don't know the English name) with lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. I fucking love fresh, simple seafood. IMG_20211001_162423-01.jpeg

Ew. I couldn't eat that. You can still see the shape of the animal. I prefer my animals shredded into pieces. :ph34r:

Archived