The better place to talk football.

What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Lucas said:

That reminds me, how you getting on with your Nokia 3310 mate?

Lol, not got a Nokia buddy, the wife has that one I think it is, mine is a Samsung Galaxy and I am quite happy with that, takes some lovely photos, I did have a Nokia years ago but switched to this Samsung on a contract which runs out at the end of the year but I am undecided on getting an up-date one or keep this one, but our son said I am better getting an up-dated one with more features. 

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Lol, not got a Nokia buddy, the wife has that one I think it is, mine is a Samsung Galaxy and I am quite happy with that, takes some lovely photos, I did have a Nokia years ago but switched to this Samsung on a contract which runs out at the end of the year but I am undecided on getting an up-date one or keep this one, but our son said I am better getting an up-dated one with more features. 

For the sake of the forum, get an updated one mate :ph34r:

All joking aside, why not treat yourself to a newer model. You are quite up with your technology and may benefit from an upgraded model.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Back by unpopular demand, everyone's favourite plate,

Nothing wrong with the plate, I had my usual 'Old Faithful' plate with a roast beef dinner, the wife made the gravy this time but said that's enough gravy for you, I love my gravy but I made up for it with Brussel Sprouts, Brocolli and Carrots with an extra portion of Yorky Puds, that meal was the only big one for me for the day seeing all I had was 3 slices of toast this morning about 8ish. :P   

download.png.c923127db421ae6614de0ff8ea40b50d.png

Now washing it down with some red wine. :hh:

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Back by unpopular demand, everyone's favourite plate, accompanied by this afternoon's lunchtime dish, a simple Chicken Salad.

IMG_20200614_185252_212.thumb.jpg.43e819921fd3bfa34479a5feff293e44.jpg

Not enough Chicken and too much salad for me there.. Looks tasty though

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nothing wrong with the plate, I had my usual 'Old Faithful' plate with a roast beef dinner, the wife made the gravy this time but said that's enough gravy for you, I love my gravy but I made up for it with Brussel Sprouts, Brocolli and Carrots with an extra portion of Yorky Puds, that meal was the only big one for me for the day seeing all I had was 3 slices of toast this morning about 8ish. :P   

download.png.c923127db421ae6614de0ff8ea40b50d.png

Now washing it down with some red wine. :hh:

Have you ever tried cheese sauce on chips John??? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Sure have, the wife makes a great cheese macaroni with chips and wee Kaiden loves the macaroni with 'Skinny Chips' as he calls them, since this lockdown and him not staying for a sleepover all he will say to us in the back garden or by video cam call "I will stay 50 nights with you and have grannies cheese macaroni every 50 nights" xD

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sure have, the wife makes a great cheese macaroni with chips and wee Kaiden loves the macaroni with 'Skinny Chips' as he calls them, since this lockdown and him not staying for a sleepover all he will say to us in the back garden or by video cam call "I will stay 50 nights with you and have grannies cheese macaroni every 50

@Bluewolf

Wee Kaiden when he stayed one-weekend eating 'Grannies Cheese Macaroni and skinny chips' xD

18342422_10155311521342855_4785726512072

28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not enough Chicken and too much salad for me there.. Looks tasty though

Haha. Well that was one chicken breast shredded. I find it difficult to eat when its too muggy like today.

Fresh salad with a squeezed lemon, crispy onions and dressing is more appetising than you think.

But I'd rather have had @CaaC (John)Roast, not gonna lie.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Haha. Well that was one chicken breast shredded. I find it difficult to eat when its too muggy like today.

Fresh salad with a squeezed lemon, crispy onions and dressing is more appetising than you think.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind salad especially in the hot weather only I prefer that it's a little more of a side dressing to be added to something more filling or I don't feel like I have had enough to eat.. Having said that if you offered me it I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it, looks very tasty

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind salad especially in the hot weather only I prefer that it's a little more of a side dressing to be added to something more filling or I don't feel like I have had enough to eat.. Having said that if you offered me it I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it, looks very tasty

Yeah i get where you're coming from, i need dressing too but I try not to go too mad.

I swear by this stuff. Bloody lovely and not too hurtful on the wasteline.

snapshotimagehandler_1053103946.jpeg.jpg.e7ec0dc18c0c15fd09c98761200adb6e.jpg

And by the way, what a game changer crispy onions are! 

Completely add something else to the salad game. Nice to have a bit of crunch.

• Subscriber

I just make my own dressing. Olive oil, vinegar (balsamic/wine/apple cider), salt & pepper is all you need for the basic version, then can upgrade it using other ingredients of your choice - lemon, mustard, various herbs, garlic, honey, etc.

Archived