Burnley 1-1 Man City

Top Scorers
Arsenal - Alexandre Lacazette (9)
Man City - Sergio Aguero (30)

Top Assists
Arsenal - Mesut Ozil (7)
Man City - Kevin De Bruyne (19)

Match Info
All of the last 8 matches between the two sides have yielded over 2.5 goals.
Sunday's game was also the first time Arsenal have drawn a blank against Man City since January 2013.
Arsenal have scored in every home league game so far this season. 
Arsenal have only lost once at home in the league this season - against Man Utd on 29th November.
Both sides suffered shock defeats recently - Arsenal at home to Ostersunds and Man City away at Wigan. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says it all when you look at Arsenal, when their top scorer only has 9 goals who cost over 50 million,  xD  complete embarrassing joke of a club who let a selfish manager hang around however long as he likes.  couldn't really care anymore, Wenger deserves to get battered again so I am going for 1-4.

4 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Says it all when you look at Arsenal, when their top scorer only has 9 goals who cost over 50 million,  xD  complete embarrassing joke of a club who let a selfish manager hang around however long as he likes.  couldn't really care anymore, Wenger deserves to get battered again so I am going for 1-4.

I get that there's a lot of anger at the moment with recent performances but to call him selfish is rather over the top.

13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I get that there's a lot of anger at the moment with recent performances but to call him selfish is rather over the top.

It's an improvement on him being called a "dictator" because he was daring to make decisions while being manager...

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

So after recent years preformances (I hope a defence using the FA CUP isn’t going to occur) and the growing public call from the fans wanting him to leave... He’s offered a new contract by Stan Kroenke (not even the whole board were in agreement with a renewal offer), he signs it AND gets a pay rise which puts him in the top three highest paid football coaches in the world.

We don’t know the real reasons, but in your opinion why do you think he signed the new deal and continues to say he’ll see it out?

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

City also play on Sunday against us. 2 days rest vs 7

And watch them batter us too 

No different to playing on Wednesday and then Saturday, which I'm sure they've done before?

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So after recent years preformances (I hope a defence using the FA CUP isn’t going to occur) and the growing public call from the fans wanting him to leave... He’s offered a new contract by Stan Kroenke (not even the whole board were in agreement with a renewal offer), he signs it AND gets a pay rise which puts him in the top three highest paid football coaches in the world.

We don’t know the real reasons, but in your opinion why do you think he signed the new deal and continues to say he’ll see it out?

You can have a go at the board for offering him the contract but it doesn't make sense, at all, to have a go at a manager signing the contract. He wanted to continue managing Arsenal and they offered him a new contract so he signed... I don't know what the confusion is here.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's your argument as to why he's selfish? Jesus. What was he meant to do? Turn around and ask for significantly reduced terms to stay?

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You can have a go at the board for offering him the contract but it doesn't make sense, at all, to have a go at a manager signing the contract. He wanted to continue managing Arsenal and they offered him a new contract so he signed... I don't know what the confusion is here.

I’m not confused because I understood Van Paddy’s accusation of selfishness perfectly well. Infact you’ve just confirmed an action made based on selfishness which is a singular belief in one’s ability when those you are working for ultimately (publicly at least) are telling you to call it a day at the club. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

That's your argument as to why he's selfish? Jesus. What was he meant to do? Turn around and ask for significantly reduced terms to stay?

He’s said countless times he wants the best for the club and loves the club. THAT doesn’t coincide with his agreement considering the situation at the time of him being offered the new deal. 

We would all sign the contract unless we really cared for the club and realized that we weren't capable of driving it forward. Maybe he's convinced that he's the best Arsenal can get, and that is fair, but arguable.

Wenger either thinks he's good enough to deserve the money and the job, or is aware that he's lost the plot but doesn't care and loves the money too much. IF it's the later, then it's not over the top to call him selfish.

Just my two cents and I could be wrong... I don't even think there are any big clubs interested in having him. He has it good at Arsenal. Even if he were to take a job in the top flight, he wouldn't get as much money.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I’m not confused because I understood Van Paddy’s accusation of selfishness perfectly well. Infact you’ve just confirmed an action made based on selfishness which is a singular belief in one’s ability when those you are working for ultimately (publicly at least) are telling you to call it a day at the club. 

Every manager signs based on their belief in their own ability. If a manager doesn't think they can do anything and they still signed then you might have a case for them being "selfish". In reality it's just a normal situation regarding a manager signing a contract with a club that he wants to manage.

If Wenger rejected multiple contracts because he was unhappy with the money offered i'd understand but he didn't. He's a man with a close affiliation to the club that signed a new contract. If Arsenal fans are angry about it then there anger should be aimed at the board.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s said countless times he wants the best for the club and loves the club. THAT doesn’t coincide with his agreement considering the situation at the time of him being offered the new deal. 

THAT is your opinion. Whose to say Wenger doesn't believe he is what's best for the club, and a new manager at this time could worsen the situation? Look at United under David Moyes. There's every possibility you could have fallen further behind with another manager.

Questioning his love to the club after all he's done over two decades is down right pathetic.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

No different to playing on Wednesday and then Saturday, which I'm sure they've done before?

Just pointing out that I expect them to still take the piss out of us when they are on 2 days rest vs us on 7 days. 

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Wenger rejected multiple contracts because he was unhappy with the money offered i'd understand but he didn't. He's a man with a close affiliation to the club that signed a new contract. If Arsenal fans are angry about it then there anger should be aimed at the board.

THAT is your opinion. Whose to say Wenger doesn't believe he is what's best for the club, and a new manager at this time could worsen the situation? Look at United under David Moyes. There's every possibility you could have fallen further behind with another manager.

Questioning his love to the club after all he's done over two decades is down right pathetic.

The current situation which is one of growing dry rot going back years is of his making and his constant lies to the fans via the media.

This, like every other debate concerning Wenger at Arsenal will go nowhere anyhow.

Aside from all of this... It’s his responsibility to solve his countless mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The current situation which is one of growing dry rot going back years is of his making and his constant lies to the fans via the media.

This, like every other debate concerning Wenger at Arsenal will go nowhere anyhow.

Aside from all of this... It’s his responsibility to solve his countless mistakes. 

But isn't it selfish of him to still be there? What should he do? Work for free?

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

But isn't it selfish of him to still be there? What should he do? Work for free?

No! He should’ve refused the new contract if we’re to refer back to countless statements of his feelings for the club and the fact the fans want him out.

• The title was changed to Thursday 1st March - Arsenal 0-3 Man City
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived