Everton 1-1 West Brom

Top scorers
Burnley - Ashley Barnes/Chris Wood (5)
Everton - Wayne Rooney (11)

Top Assists
Burnley - Johann Berg Gudmundsson (5)
Everton - Dominic Calvert-Lewin (4)

Match Info
Burnley haven't won any game in any competition since 12th December, drawing 6 and losing 6 since this date
They have not scored more than 1 goal in a game since a 2-2 draw against Man Utd on 26th December 2017.
In the last 7 fixtures between the 2 teams, the home side has won 5 out of 7 times.
Everton have lost their last 5 away games, conceding 14 in the process. 
If Everton win, they will go level on points with Burnley in 7th place with 37 points. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This is probably the worst game of the weekend in terms of the entertainment (or lack of) and in terms of what both teams have to play for

the first reason - agreed. can see it being quite a dour match.

the second reason - there's still 7th place to play for??

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think most neutrals would be more interested in the games involving team's in the relegation battle than this one

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

7th is something to play for but nobody deserves to be in Europe next season out of Burnley, Leicester or Everton.

It'll be a farce if Europe drops to 7th this year to be honest. Not one of those three is worthy of playing in Europe next season for me and all three would need to significantly improve if they did. I still think we're the best placed to do it with our run in, although recent evidence suggests our run in might not be as good as it appears. The bookies agree too.

Burnley not winning in 11 games and still being 7th sums up the league this year to be quite honest. They should be fighting relegation after a run like that.

Whoever doesn't get it needs shooting. We're all passing each other opportunity after opportunity. We failed to beat this dreadful Stoke side (again) and thought we've shot our chances to bits, only for Burnley and Everton to follow it up with equally poor results and not penalise us, and yet there's no-one below us three who seems to be capable of putting any kind of run together either. Bournemouth have a chance I reckon if they beat us on Saturday.

Since December we've taken 2 points from Watford (A), Everton (A), Swansea (H), Crystal Palace (H) and Stoke (H) which is quite frankly an embarrassment.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I can't imagine any neutral being bothered about that. A watered down battle for 4th.

• Subscriber

Liverpool fans flooding our match day thread (not even like we've got Arsenal or Chelsea making it vaguely relevant to them) to state the obvious again.

I can't believe how obsessed with Liverpool we are.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Have you only just noticed? @LFCMadLad posts more about Everton than Liverpool on here.

Don’t take it out on me because Everton are fucking shite. The only reason you lot don’t post about us is because we piss all over you in absolutely every aspect. 

Once a blue, always a twat :whistling:

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Exhibit A. 

I'm all for banter, but the constant bashing of Everton in any and every thread becomes tedious and starts to sound a bit weird/obsessed. 

Each to their own.

“Constant bashing in every thread” is more than far fetched. Especially when you’re the one who constantly spouts the ‘victim’ comments and such as that  against Liverpool but then cries like a bitch when anyone retaliates saying it’s bringing the forum down. 

No bother, I’ll just go through the threads and highlight all the comments you make regarding Liverpool. 

No I won’t cos that would be sad, as is you pissing yourself whenever I mention Everton, which isn’t that much. 

You come from Liverpool and you think a Liverpool fan taking the piss out of Everton is weird? Have you been living under a rock? You should be used to it by now son  

Everton are wank, it’s funny for Liverpool fans. If the boot was on the other foot? Get over it.  

• The title was changed to Saturday 3rd March - Burnley 2-1 Everton
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived