talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

3 hours ago, Stan said:

this weather last 2 days has been fucked.

where I am it's been blizzard one minute and then clear sunshine the next.

Yeah, but the sunshine means nothing and Infact the temperature feels lower because of how dry the atmosphere is. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, but the sunshine means nothing and Infact the temperature feels lower because of how dry the atmosphere is. 

i know. can be deceptive if you've been in for most of the day though! 

Funnily enough I've not actually felt that cold when going outside. Maybe cos there's no wind-chill factor but it's still quite chilly nevertheless. Had to do a lot of visits for work today and got covered in the snow even though I was only outside for a couple of minutes!

• The title was changed to The Weather

Huge snowfall in my bit, it's a red warning over most of the Central Belt so the roads are deserted, can't count on the trains either. Uni's closed today and tomorrow so far.

Unfortunately a snow-day for a student basically means you just keep doing the same work, but trapped in your house instead of the libray.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Huge snowfall in my bit, it's a red warning over most of the Central Belt so the roads are deserted, can't count on the trains either. Uni's closed today and tomorrow so far.

Unfortunately a snow-day for a student basically means you just keep doing the same work, but trapped in your house instead of the libray.

Yes yes, the hard life of a student... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Finally after all the threats of getting it and failing we finally have snow... A decent amount as well, enough for a medium sized snowman... or is it a snow person these days??? can't be sure.. Off for 4 days now thankfully, I wont have to deal with all those failed lorries not getting in to work to pick up our goods.. 

It was about 28-30 degrees and sunny in Melbourne yesterday. About 24 degrees and rainy/cloudy in Auckland but the humidity is keeping things warm.

You know you've spent ages out of the UK when 24 degrees isn't considered hot.

11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, the sad twats around my area have done the usual panic buying for those extremely difficult two days we are supposed to have tomorrow and Friday.

Mate sendt me pictures of no milk, bread, cake and biscuits, with practically no pizzas left either. 

I weep for the future here at times.

Run out of most peoples essentials then... how are people going to survive.. 

• Haha 1

Pretty bad here, not like us to be one of the worst affected parts of the country. About 20cm of snow, roads are awful. Fuck all people going to work because a lot of Norfolk is very rural and roads are awful. Even the city roads are pretty bad.

Talking to my daughter this morning about it when she said Hurricane Emma has hit... I said I couldn't wait until Hurricane Rodney comes.. she said they only name them after women.... 

All the blokes at the Met Office must be naming them after their wives or something.. 

So the London Councils were pre-warned two weeks in advance as to The Beast From The East that was on its way to freeze us all and cause mass disruption.

The question is; Where is the grit, the salt and the pre-care for roads and streets?  What's the excuse for what we have and this third world preparation with full warnings?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

So the London Councils were pre-warned two weeks in advance as to The Beast From The East that was on its way to freeze us all and cause mass disruption.

The question is; Where is the grit, the salt and the pre-care for roads and streets?  What's the excuse for what we have and this third world preparation with full warnings?

Is two weeks enough? We're a country that gets one decent snowfall as a whole once a millennium, I imagine it's too expensive to get equipment in needed to deal with it for a one off.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Noticed that here as well... They were gritting on Monday but not seen anything Tuesday and Wednesday... 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Is two weeks enough? We're a country that gets one decent snowfall as a whole once a millennium, I imagine it's too expensive to get equipment in needed to deal with it for a one off.

They have the equipment mate... Someone took a picture of the Grit Trucks at Islington Council parked and covered in snow because they weren't taken out. Seems we don't have the money to use the resources we have!  The same is being said of countless councils throughout London.