talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is two weeks enough? We're a country that gets one decent snowfall as a whole once a millennium, I imagine it's too expensive to get equipment in needed to deal with it for a one off.

Knowing the way councils are raising our council tax but cutting back on services they probably have 2 gritting lorries per county and they are sending out the unemployed on the backs of open lorries chucking salt out with a spade... 

• Upvote 1

It's the worst snow we've had around here probably in my lifetime. You can't expect to be prepared. There is no point wasting money on 100s of snow ploughs and gritters if we use them once in 20 years. When that once in 20 year snow comes round we just have to deal with a few days of chaos. It'll be gone in a few days.

It's my birthday tomorrow. It's not often it snows around this time of year but I can remember one birthday when I was about 10, it snowed heavily as fuck and I can remember it being a brilliant birthday party for a kid.

45 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Remember that it is just snow, hardly a nuke from North Korea.

It doesn't matter on the weather, it will always be over-dramatised in this country by the media.

It's set for a sunny week and it'll be a "killer heatwave set to shake the UK and kill millions", if it's a bit of rainfall then it's "the worst downpour for 500 years and we are all going to be 18 feet under water all winter and die".

Try living in a country where the weather really is extreme and where they have to put up with earthquakes and cyclones, etc. Fucking idiots. It's a bit of snow, get your sledges out.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's my birthday tomorrow. It's not often it snows around this time of year but I can remember one birthday when I was about 10, it snowed heavily as fuck and I can remember it being a brilliant birthday party for a kid.

It doesn't matter on the weather, it will always be over-dramatised in this country by the media.

It's set for a sunny week and it'll be a "killer heatwave set to shake the UK and kill millions", if it's a bit of rainfall then it's "the worst downpour for 500 years and we are all going to be 18 feet under water all winter and die".

Try living in a country where the weather really is extreme and where they have to put up with earthquakes and cyclones, etc. Fucking idiots. It's a bit of snow, get your sledges out.

Very true... 

Its been continuous but very dry light powdery stuff since Wednesday here which hasn’t settled apart from where it’s blow into drifts which had been manageable. But from 2pm onwards it’s settled now we’re at about 4-5” I got home about 5 and that was starting to take the piss to drive. I gather it’s taken most folk a few hours to do 2-3 miles 

Also only slightly related to this topic but the virtue signalling over homeless folk is already tedious. 

There was a guy last week in Brum who’s been begging and sleeping rough on an island heading into the city centre he was given a job and a chance by a Good Samaritan working at his car wash & valet business. The local paper had a photo opp it all sounded brilliant and he was homeless again a week later turns out the “second chance” wasn’t enough he was caught stealing from clients cars. Silly fuckers like that deserve to freeze to death on council slabs in -7 conditions. It’s natural selection taking its course. 

• Administrator

Bedford has had snow showers all of yesterday which settled and iced over in the evening (getting home at 7pm last night after work wasn't the greatest journey ever).

More heavy snow expected at 2pm onwards. Great day to do some evictions xD 

On 01/03/2018 at 12:04, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't think its just us. I remember when there was sinr virus out break and our media was saying don't panic where as the American media was saying everyone was gonna die

On 28/02/2018 at 20:35, Bluewolf said:

Finally after all the threats of getting it and failing we finally have snow... A decent amount as well, enough for a medium sized snowman... or is it a snow person these days??? can't be sure.. Off for 4 days now thankfully, I wont have to deal with all those failed lorries not getting in to work to pick up our goods.. 

If I had a garden I would build a snowman. A bit if immaturity never hurt anyone

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

22-31C here today, from Sunday to next Friday we will have temps ranging from 16 to 27 tops, not that bad. March, April and November are the best months temp-wise here, February is not so bad neither.

BTW Happy Birthday @The Rebel CRS you massive cunt! ;)

Nearly all melted away now... didn't last long did it! 

Happy Birthday Rebel... have a good one!!

On 28/02/2018 at 20:35, Bluewolf said:

Finally after all the threats of getting it and failing we finally have snow... A decent amount as well, enough for a medium sized snowman... or is it a snow person these days??? can't be sure.. Off for 4 days now thankfully, I wont have to deal with all those failed lorries not getting in to work to pick up our goods.. 

It was you wasn't it. ¬¬

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/people-think-snowmen-should-be-called-snowpeople-to-promote-gender-equality/ar-BBJMOnE?li=BBoPOOm&ocid=mailsignout

33 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Glad to see my Twitter campaign finally gathering pace.... 

Honestly though there was Snow way that was me.... 

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

22-31C here today, from Sunday to next Friday we will have temps ranging from 16 to 27 tops, not that bad. March, April and November are the best months temp-wise here, February is not so bad neither.

BTW Happy Birthday @The Rebel CRS you massive cunt! ;)

Why November? That seems very random consider the space between that and the other months you mentioned.

Gracias, puto :banana:

26 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why November? That seems very random consider the space between that and the other months you mentioned.

Gracias, puto :banana:

Because November is still spring but closer to summer than September and October, summer starts on Dec 21, so temps are pretty nice. March and November are the best months, April is mainly OK but you can have some cold days, for example there were to days with 6C minimums in 2017 according to a web, October is similar, 20ish maximums but 10ish minimums many days. So actually March - November then April, October and perhaps February.

Edited by Berserker

On 02/03/2018 at 23:50, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think its just us. I remember when there was sinr virus out break and our media was saying don't panic where as the American media was saying everyone was gonna die

That's more the news though, I was referring to the papers who sell bullshit scaremonger stories.

38 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That's more the news though, I was referring to the papers who sell bullshit scaremonger stories.

Yeah I know its bollocks. Don't think its just our country though