talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

• Administrator

this country is amazing.

barely a day or 2 after 3-4 days of shite weather, you can't even tell we've just had some Siberian snow-storm aftermath. 

Tropical temperatures here of 9 degress. Lovely. 

• 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

A good old weather thread, I love the cold especially snow and last year we got hit with the 'Beast from the East' and it was like this when you looked out of our flat window...

28279291_10156213115117855_5680841721117

But I loved it and the wife hated it, most of the shops run out of basic bits and pieces, no busses but our local garage just up the road managed to get some shopping in which I walked up in the beautiful white fluffy stuff, I loved it.

This morning it started off sunny and 9c but has got a bit windy now but just nice weather for me, the wife is cold so she has the central heating on, yuk||

44532975_10156803572252855_4958377565266

Edited by CaaC - John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I noticed we have a lot of Italian members in here so I hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods?

Venice under water as deadly storms hit Italy

6 hours ago

Italy has been battered by fierce winds and rain which have left 10 people dead in the west and north, while schools and tourist sites closed in several regions amid fears for people's safety.

Winds of up to 180km/h (110 mph) were reported, and two tornadoes ripped through the centre of the coastal town of Terracina, killing one person and leaving 10 others injured.

In the canal city of Venice, rising floodwaters overwhelmed many of its famed squares and walkways, with officials saying as much as 75% of the city is now submerged.

Venice's central St Mark's Square was closed on Monday afternoon after the water level reached "acqua alta" (high water) of 156cm (5.1ft). It is the fourth highest level ever recorded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46029302

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

:D :banana:

BRING ON THE SNOW 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c1278d7466f714f55

AAAll6Q.img?h=40&w=138&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&

Brrrace yourself: Heavy snow and blizzards to hit the UK this weekend

4 hrs ago

BBQTNnC.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Other The warnings are in place from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning

There are warnings of heavy snow and blizzards this weekend with a risk of freezing rain causing travel chaos, the Met Office says.

Yellow weather warnings are in place for Scotland and northern England on Saturday and Sunday, and some rural communities are at risk of being cut off.

BBQTW9O.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The Met Office also says there is a chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces, and bus and train services may be delayed or cancelled, with some road closures and longer journey times possible.

It also warned about untreated pavements and cycle paths being hazardous because of black ice.

The yellow warnings are in place between 12 pm on Saturday and 10 am on Sunday.

BBQTIyV.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Other Snow could be heavy at times, especially over hills. Pic: Met Office

There is a risk of snow developing with strong southeasterly winds affecting northern parts of the UK on Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning.

The Met Office says the snow could be heavy at times, especially over hills.

Across northern England and southern Scotland, snow may turn to freezing rain above 200m to 300m, leading to widespread ice developing on Saturday night.

It is also likely that 2cm to 5cm of snow will fall at lower levels, while higher ground could see 10cm to 20cm.

Sky News weather producer Chris England said: "It's turning colder, with an easterly wind bringing air in from northern Europe.

"Things look set to change at the weekend, with rain spreading across the UK and Ireland from the Atlantic.

"That will bring a spell of snow as the rain moves into the colder air later on Saturday and into Sunday."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brrrace-yourself-heavy-snow-and-blizzards-to-hit-the-uk-this-weekend/ar-BBQTW9V?li=AAnZ9Ug

• Subscriber

This is what we are expecting later on here in Edinburgh, snow, snow and more snow, the wife wants it to hang off just yet as we will be leaving for the cemetery to lay some flowers for the family shortly who have passed away from years gone by, but I don't really care if it snows right now as I love snow. :D

48373766_10156930426317855_6680027214597

• Administrator
On 13/12/2018 at 15:33, JOSHBRFC said:

Bring it on! Love the snow. Hopefully it's bad and i can't make it to work next week.

I can't use that excuse any more when it snows heavily enough. The disadvantage of being based at home for work xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Well, the middle of March and it is snowing, not settling just yet but if it keeps up and the ground freezes over then tomorrow we might wake up and see a white blanket around, I love the snow and getting myself ready to nip out and do some shopping, the wife will be hibernating in this flat with the central heating on full blast, she hates the cold weather and snow. 

Love the summer and i hate the winter and snow. In Bosnia in particular in Sarajevo we have very hot summers and pretty cold and snowy winters. I would love to live in a country where you have high temperatures all year long. I would probably hang myself in the UK with the constant rain, saying this i'd rather have rain than snow.

• 3 weeks later...