talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

I wish Bella would bugger off. Pishing down here at the moment,  very windy also. I saw earlier we could get snow tomorrow morning. Bollocks.

Aye, it's blowing a gale here and rain, I can't see us getting any snow as we are behind the waters of Leith and the salt air might put an end to that, the last heavy snowfall we had here was 2018, we were snowed in with no buses but I love the snow and I was in my glory walking up the local garage for bits & pieces and my wife and daughter were doing their nut as I had got out of the hospital December 2017 and was supposed to be grounded for up to 3 months. xD    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

but I love the snow

I can't stick it mate. As much as this rain pisses me off, I'd take it 100 times out of 100 rather than snow. At least, if you have to, you can get out and drive.

It's getting worse here. Battening down the hatches     lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Haven't seen any of the white fluffy stuff lately that @Lucas loves and today is some drizzly with a moderate breeze, 7c, but the wife is still "frozen" as she says and has put the radiators on at full blast, thus I am walking around sweating my bollocks off thinking I am back in Aussie land with a temp of 40c, more snow on the way according to the Met guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/01/2021 at 19:26, Lucas said:

If you didn't know it snowed today, you would just be able to tell by the masses of Facebook posts letting you know.

My god. 

I’ve deactivated Facebook for a few months. But I can imagine! It’s bad at the best of times but with lockdown added I bet it’s bad xD

I enjoy driving in the snow. Bit nippy at 4:30 this morning though!

The only cars I saw struggling were 3 BMW’s on my way to work. 🧐🤔

• Subscriber

Just had a wee bit of a snow flurry but they reckon more to come, I said "BRILLIANT..." and the wife said "No thanks..." and switched the central heating on full blast. xD

Edit: 8th Feb... SNOW, SNOW, GLORIOUS SNOW...

thumbnail_20210208_195546.thumb.jpg.261c1064b6e8da0b368fb003fb49757a.jpg

97570724_download(2).thumb.png.ca992c09ccc79ab0941a6d306dca3ca0.png

Edited by CaaC (John)
Add on.

• Subscriber

We are going to get snowed in again looking outside like 4/5 years ago, this snow has been non-stop for two days and I ended up getting a taxi to and fro downtown for shopping because the wife was worried about me trying to get a bus as its slippery as hell out there so I have been told.

thumbnail_20210209_163433.thumb.jpg.09dfed586b31938d523c8c10cb9b0388.jpg

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, michaelwilson said:

Almost the whole country is covered by snow and it is still snowing! I didn't see a thing like that for 5 years at least. Everyone in town helps social workers to deal with it even administration employees. 

Welcome to TF365 buddy, another Chelsea man which should go down well with a few other Blues in here, you should tell us a little bit about yourself in here if you want, keep posting. :ay:

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting warm air from Africa, which is nice. What is annoying though is that the sand from the Sahara is coming with it. The sun looked like it was behind a filter today, and you could feel the sand/dust on your skin when you were outside for a bit longer. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We're getting warm air from Africa, which is nice. What is annoying though is that the sand from the Sahara is coming with it. The sun looked like it was behind a filter today, and you could feel the sand/dust on your skin when you were outside for a bit longer. 

Sorry but warm air and sand from Africa sounds like heaven to someone like me who just got in from shovelling two foot of snow off their driveway in southern Ontario.:27_sunglasses:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Sorry but warm air and sand from Africa sounds like heaven to someone like me who just got in from shovelling two foot of snow off their driveway in southern Ontario.:27_sunglasses:

Haha, I hear ya. We had -15 C° just two weeks ago. And now close to +20 C°. Crazy difference, but I rather have the warmth with a bit of sand too.  

• Upvote 1