talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

• Subscriber

Anyone in the UK been hit by hayfeaver? I've not had it for years. But the last couple of days it's been horrible. It seems to start around 5.00pm and from between 8.00pm and 11.00pm it goes into overdrive. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Anyone in the UK been hit by hayfever? I've not had it for years. But the last couple of days it's been horrible. It seems to start around 5.00 pm and from between 8.00 pm and 11.00 pm it goes into overdrive. 

Yes, I have tablets I have to take on top of my COPD & Asthma pumps and if the temperature goes over 30c (86) then that knocks me for six, I end up getting migraines and that is one of the reasons I had to leave Australia and go back to a cooler climate thus Scotland/UK, in Aussie land, I used to get an acute migraine attack in summer times and had to go into a dark room and lye face down as my head thumped and I had dizzy spells.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber

Just had a video call on this laptop from Facebook from a friend who lives in Michelbach, Rheinland-Pfalz, me and the wife were worried about him, his wife and his young son but it was nice talking to them and they are ok, he is originally from Croatia but has settled in Germany now for the last 8 years.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Anyone in the UK been hit by hayfeaver? I've not had it for years. But the last couple of days it's been horrible. It seems to start around 5.00pm and from between 8.00pm and 11.00pm it goes into overdrive. 

I've had it real bad this year to be honest yeah. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just got back from shopping and it's not too bad at 23c, some cloud but I have ended up sneezing a bit as some neighbours are cutting their lawn and hedges so that is the flat window closed and I have taken some hayfever tablets, I wish to fuck they would hurry up with their cuttings so I can open the bloody window again.

• Subscriber

Curious to how much water you all drink when it's hot? In UK we had round 30 degrees weather. I usually drink around 1.5 liters per day when not training. During a training phase I up it to 3 liters. These last few weeks it's been 5 liters per day. I fill my water bottle up before sleeping. Last night it was so humid and muggy. I necked 1.5 liters in 40 minutes.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Curious to how much water you all drink when it's hot? In UK we had round 30 degrees weather. I usually drink around 1.5 liters per day when not training. During a training phase I up it to 3 liters. These last few weeks it's been 5 liters per day. I fill my water bottle up before sleeping. Last night it was so humid and muggy. I necked 1.5 liters in 40 minutes.

About 2 liter if at home, a lot more if outside (hiking, walking, etc.).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, nudge said:

+37°C in the last few days. Lovely.

You can stick that!! I mentioned in here before I had to leave Australia and come to a cooler climate because anything over 30c then I would get an accute migraine attack, the hottest I have experienced out there was 48c in the shade, yuk.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

You can stick that!! I mentioned in here before I had to leave Australia and come to a cooler climate because anything over 30c then I would get an accute migraine attack, the hottest I have experienced out there was 48c in the shade, yuk.

48 is obviously too hot, but otherwise, I love hot climate. Definitely better than -30, fuck that xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

48 is obviously too hot, but otherwise, I love hot climate. Definitely better than -30, fuck that xD

I love the snow and cold, the best experience I have had in my life was a skiing exercise in Bavaria in my army days, we were working with the RAF where rhey would drop recruits by parachute into the snow below and they had to escape to a certain point, it was called 'Avoid or Capture'.

A few managed to escape or avoid capture and the ones we caught we had to blindfold them then march then into a barn and make them stand against the barn wall and not say a word, if they did we would hit them with our rifle butts, not a big hit but a nudge and they had to wait to be interogated, all part of their training to join the RAF.

There was us all rugged up to the high heavens and they were standing there shivering their bollocks off as we took their jackets and scarves off them.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite & worst times of the year

Best

1. October to mid November, hottest plains of the country have a nice moderate cold weather and the snowy parts are a delight to visit.

2. February to early May, best weather for outdoor activities

3. December, living in too hot weather makes you appreciate greyish cold at times.

Worst

1. July, August to early September sometimes, there is no refugee other than air conditioners. Sweaty, rainy, humidity with heat that can suffocate you. 

2. Late May to June,  heat is tolerable if you have a simple cooling fan but outdoor activities are almost impossible.

Edited by Khan of TF365

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 12:31, MUFC said:

When I'm at work (as a chef) I will drink 8 litres plus in the summer

• 2 weeks later...