talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

3 hours ago, Eco said:

At first I laughed at you guys complaining of the heat, when it's 24 there...since it's a blistering and muggy 34 here today. 

But then I remembered that you all don't have AC units in your house like we do here, so I'm fucking sorry, as that would be 100% miserable. 

It hit 34 in Warrington. It was horrible, and it’s a nightmare to try and sleep in. Fans just dry my eyes out. 4th hottest day on record for the UK as it hit 37.8 at Heathrow.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It hit 34 in Warrington. It was horrible, and it’s a nightmare to try and sleep in. Fans just dry my eyes out. 4th hottest day on record for the UK as it hit 37.8 at Heathrow.

Couldn't imagine trying to sleep in that heat. I bought a heavy duty AC unit and my house is constantly 65 F...perfection

• Subscriber

The worse heat for me was in Australia, I hated it and with all the flies and mossies buzzing around your face and arm's was a nightmare, this was back in the '60s & early '70s so there was none of these wonder sprays and creams they have nowadays, my old man was used to the heat being in the navy and I can remember once when it was around 40c in Melbourne and I complained of the heat and he said "watch this son...", he took an egg and cracked it on the pavement and the fucking egg started to fry!!!!   

Edited by CaaC (John)

47 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The worse heat for me was in Australia, I hated it and with all the flies and mossies buzzing around your face and arm's was a nightmare, this was back in the '60s & early '70s so there was none of these wonder sprays and creams they have nowadays, my old man was used to the heat being in the navy and I can remember once when it was around 40c in Melbourne and I complained of the heat and he said "watch this son...", he took an egg and cracked it on the pavement and the fucking egg started to fry!!!!   

Did you eat it?

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Did you eat it?

Lol, no, I don't think my old man did either.

The worse heat out there was when I worked with the Country Roads Board tarring roads in the bush areas of Bendigo & Ballarat, the temp was around 45c and I was a lead flagman stopping traffic while they were tarring the roads, I had a yellow coat on and a safety helmet and I was sweating my bollocks off and the heat was making me sleepy and I yawned and swallowed a big fucking Australian bush fly, I could feel it wriggling all the way down in my guts.

That's one of the reasons why they tell you to put your hand over your mouth when you yawn, politeness and say excuse me and also stopping you from swallowing anything flying around...like a FUCKING BUSH FLY. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

When stupidity reigns over common sense. 

FFS, I don't drive but stupidity like that with a car makes me think that thank fuck I don't drive, surely seeing that other car ahead looking like it has sunk in a collapsed bit of the road would make the driver of that car get out of his/her vehicle quick smart and leave it there, that beggars belief. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody wet and windy here, looks like we are getting the back-end of Hurrican Laura, and looking at @Stan's lightning map the coast of the good old USA is getting hit. :D

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=0;y=0.3516;x=-0.2637;z=3;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

608658431_download(2).png.ba5612a1cb33b671d85c50bff8b0997d.png

Probably Storm Francis you're experiencing. I don't think we'd feel the effects of Hurricane Laura just yet? Plus that's hitting Louisiana as opposed to the east coast of USA.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably Storm Francis you're experiencing. I don't think we'd feel the effects of Hurricane Laura just yet? Plus that's hitting Louisiana as opposed to the east coast of USA.

Just told the wife that there maybe a Hurrican Laura backlash on the way, she hates thunder & lightening and she said "FFS..."   xD

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just told the wife that there maybe a Hurrican Laura backlash on the way, she hates thunder & lightening and she said "FFS..."   xD

But there won't be?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

This fucking woke the wife up and she thought it was an almighty explosion, some bloody noise I can tell you and in the army I was a No 2 operator on a 105 pack howitzer and it sounded like one of them going off.

Police issue 'thundersnow' reassurance after Edinburgh residents report explosions

Thunder.thumb.png.03ac818fe317473c54732d4153f458c5.png

Police Scotland has reassured residents in Edinburgh after hundreds of people reported being woken by the sound of explosions.

However, police said that what people were actually hearing was the phenomenon known as "thundersnow"

Two "extraordinarily loud" thunderclaps were heard over the capital just before 05:00.

Some residents reported that they thought a bomb had exploded or a building had collapsed.

The sound is created when thunder and lightning combine with a heavy snowstorm.

The noise of thunder is amplified by the falling and lying snow.

Snow has also been causing issues on the area's roads, with the Queensferry Crossing closed because of ice.

It comes after temperatures plummeted to minus 9.6 Celsius in Altnaharra in the Highlands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-55184493

Edited by CaaC (John)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Warnings as storm Bella moves in on Scotland

1305642640_download(1).thumb.png.723823eb39abe2a04617a6ec15d9b2ba.png

The Met Office has issued a weather warning for Scotland as Storm Bella sweeps in from the Atlantic.

Forecasters are warning of high winds and heavy rain.

The warnings are in effect from 09:00 until midnight on Boxing Day and cover much of the west of Scotland north of Glasgow.

According to the yellow warning, the weather front is likely to result in localised flooding and could cause travel disruption.

The area affected stretches from Cape Wrath down to Helensburgh.

844030870_download(2).thumb.png.56ffa4a58eaa7824c8ee8614b428a579.png

Meanwhile, for the Southwest, it is predicted to be a very windy day with severe coastal gales possible.

The arrival of Storm Bella will bring further downpours and winds of up to 60-70mph in exposed coastal locations.

It follows relatively calm and cold conditions across the UK on Christmas Day, which saw early morning snowfall recorded in some areas - with the weather service declaring it a White Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55448968

• Administrator

We had floods in Bedford last night. Thankfully not affected where I am but River in town and surrounding areas were heavily affected. People went to local golf courses and took sand from bunkers if possible. 

Know quite a few people around the town who had to evacuate yesterday. As if 2020 couldn't get any shitter for some. 

• Sad 1