talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

• Administrator

Had a lot of thunder overnight. A secondary alarm clock for me.

Glad it's cooler today and hopefully much more manageable when getting around. Don't mind a bit of rain actually. 

42 C° here yesterday, it was supposed to get colder today, but they corrected the prediction and now we'll get 40 C° again. It doesn't get much colder at night, so there's no way to cool down the flat :( I usually don't complain about summer weather, but this is too much over 4-5 days. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

42 C° here yesterday, it was supposed to get colder today, but they corrected the prediction and now we'll get 40 C° again. It doesn't get much colder at night, so there's no way to cool down the flat :( I usually don't complain about summer weather, but this is too much over 4-5 days. 

Fans?

I read an article on BBC and I'm surprised I wasn't aware of it before but keeping windows & curtains shut during the day help stop the inside of the room/flat get hotter. Stops hot air getting in and keeps heat out. Then at night open the windows to get any through-breezes in.

Also, stick your (clean!) socks in the fridge and wear them because having cooler feet helps lower the rest of your body temperature. 

Just now, Stan said:

Fans?

I read an article on BBC and I'm surprised I wasn't aware of it before but keeping windows & curtains shut during the day help stop the inside of the room/flat get hotter

Fans don't actually cool the overall temperature down. It's just a cooling effect. After a certain temperature, even that doesn't do much. Had 31 C° in the flat yesterday. 

If you keep your windows and curtains closed all day, the air becomes really sticky and unbreathable, I'd rather deal with the heat.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Fans don't actually cool the overall temperature down. It's just a cooling effect. After a certain temperature, even that doesn't do much. Had 31 C° in the flat yesterday. 

If you keep your windows and curtains closed all day, the air becomes really sticky and unbreathable, I'd rather deal with the heat.

Yeah I don't keep the fans on all the time. Just every now and then. 

16 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just getting thunder now in the distance... hoping it rains to cool the place down a bit.. 

There was actually 2 spells of rain and thunder lightning in a couple of hours the second 1 came with massive hailstones as well, It was very weird. Soon as it stopped the sun came back out and it went back to being very hot again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The UK always gets the backlash from one of these for some reason.

Quote.thumb.png.67f71a081fd98e8edfbeaf529a0fff7a.png

Hurricane Dorian: Bahamas braces for category four storm

download.thumb.png.d575d8a68c281d8441ce36471ae2504b.png

The Bahamas is bracing for Hurricane Dorian, which strengthened into a category four storm over the weekend.

The "extremely dangerous" storm was expected to hit the island chain on Sunday, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said, before making landfall on the US east coast.

Residents in Grand Bahama were preparing by boarding up businesses and evacuating the storm's predicted path.

The storm surge could be as high as 15ft (4.6m), officials warned.

Authorities closed some airports in the outlying islands, but the main international airport remains open on Sunday.

The storm was on Sunday morning about 125 miles east of the Bahamas' Great Abaco Island, moving westward at 8mph (13km/h) with maximum sustained winds of nearly 145mph (225km/h).

After hitting the Bahamas, it was expected to move up the US coast, grazing Florida, which had expected a direct hit but appeared to have been spared the worst by a change in the storm's path.

_108572448_dorian_storm_01.09_640-nc.png

FULL REPORT

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9e5a8bc6e75856ff023b586325809042.png

Britain braces for one of its COLDEST winters in 30 years as 'Beast from the East' makes a bone-chilling return with -14C lows after jet stream shifts south

AAGZcRJ.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The UK could be set to see the return of the 'Beast from the East' as scientists warn it could be one of the coldest winters in 30 years with temperatures set to plummet to well below freezing.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Apparently the Met Office have snubbed these reports of the coldest winter in 30 years saying it's very difficult to predict that far ahead even with the extensive technology.

Sssshhhhh, don't jinx it, I want snow and the cold, I love it.  :x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.17875588734c1595e640c0c7953269c5.png

UK weather forecast: Hurricane Humberto to batter Britain with wind and rain

Hurricane Humberto is heading directly for the UK, with the remnants of the storm expected to bring heavy rain and strong winds, according to the Met Office.

The ex-tropical storm is due to make landfall in Britain next week, marking an end to the summer weather.

Temperatures should reach 25C on Saturday on what will be the final day of a mini-heatwave across the UK.

But the country will get a soaking on Sunday as temperatures start to drop and conditions will finally begin to feel more Autumnal.

AAHviNB.img?h=532&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber
On 19/09/2019 at 11:49, Pyfish said:

Bloody love rain but the wind can stay away!

I don't like wind and rain but I love the wind if its snowing and blowing all the snowflakes everywhere. :x

Not a bad morning so far as  when I woke up at 05.00 it was misty and drizzly but now it's become sunny and cloudy but the rain has moved on...so far, better for me as I am heading off later to pick the grandson up from school and bring him back here, he loves the rain and splashing around in the puddles with his wellies on. 

download.png.e758942e5dd8b6c812b804ab9e0c8eb7.png

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.42a8a7681c7c98bbcaea3d5b68d28149.png

UK weather forecast: Temperatures close to zero before 105mph Hurricane Lorenzo

VIDEO

262865170_download(1).thumb.png.c06bc498c6fde9f36e6b68bdb0767099.png

Hurricane Lorenzo, the most powerful far east Atlantic tempest on record, is heading straight for the UK.

Lorenzo's remnants will smash into the UK on Thursday night, bringing strong winds and heavy rain which will continue on Friday.

Today should provide a brief respite from the terrible weather, with bright and dry conditions expected across the country, although there are still 34 flood warnings - and 150 alerts - in place in England.

Temperatures will reach highs of 15C today, after dropping to lows of 1C in parts of Scotland earlier this morning.

FULL REPORT