talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Weather

football forum

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow. I can't even begin to imagine how I'd feel if I was just going about my day and then suddenly something like that rocks up.

As a kid I used to have nightmares about fleeing from a Tornado, before Tornados were even a thing in Germany. I was ahead of my time. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As a kid I used to have nightmares about fleeing from a Tornado, before Tornados were even a thing in Germany. I was ahead of my time. 

I also had a nightmare as a kid where I had the local newscaster come in and tell me a hurricane was heading to my room and that I needed to follow him to safety. Mom woke me up hours later as I was on the back porch. When my Mom asked me why I was out there, I told her 'Glenn Burns said a hurricane was going to hit my room'. 

And some wonder why I never do drugs. 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

Starting to get a wee bit nippier now and the wife is trying to hint at putting the central heating on, not if I can help it, I wouldn't mind a wee bit of heat but she will put the central heating on full blast with all the windows closed making me feel if I was back in Aussie land during a hot summer and 45c in the shade.

download.png

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell, unusual for me, I told the wife she can put the central heating on if she wants...it's a bit nippy...never seen her move so fast and switch it on, it's pissing down outside. xD

download.png

Bloody hell sea levels have risen a lot more than I expected 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Another Tornado in Germany. This time in Emmerich, near the Dutch border. 

@Faithcore you good? Aren't you from there? :ph34r:

I'm fine, thanks. From here you can reach Emmerich relatively quickly via the A3, but it's still some distance. 

But still. Crazy to see those videos from Emmerich.

Edited by Faithcore
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Here in Manchester over the last few weeks. It's been mildish but the temperature has slowly dropped these last few days.

Last night out of nowhere. The wind has been blowing all night while the rain has been pounding in all directions.

No sleep all night.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Blowing a gale up here in Edinburgh and rain showers plus they say there is snow on the way, I hope it calms down for tomorrow as me and the wife are out up the local clinic for our Covid Booster jabs, the wife hates the rain. 

100mph winds are coming soon.

• Administrator

Glad we were under shelter at the King Power for the snow - not sure how it looked on TV but was treacherous to probably play in - definitely was walking back to the car. Driving on the motorway wasn't much better. Driving in heavy snow is probably my least favourite weather to drive in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Horrible in Manchester. I don't care if it's -100. I just can't stand rain heavy rain. On top of that the wind is strong. Been like this for a few days and will continue like this for at least a week.

9 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Horrible in Manchester. I don't care if it's -100. I just can't stand rain heavy rain. On top of that the wind is strong. Been like this for a few days and will continue like this for at least a week.

Heading back from London today and can't wait to sample the fine weather of our home City.

Not.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Heading back from London today and can't wait to sample the fine weather of our home City.

Not.

It's doing my head in. Think it's going to ease Thursday and Friday and then piss us off again.