talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace Discussion

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think some fans that want us to spend 50m+ may be in for a surprise this summer.

Do you think this means the club will try to cut costs by getting in a manager/staff that’ll accept less money?

Do you still have Dr. Zaf? If so, can we have him back?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think this means the club will try to cut costs by getting in a manager/staff that’ll accept less money?

Do you still have Dr. Zaf? If so, can we have him back?

Believe Dr Zaf is still here but he's been very busy with the age of our squad and frequency of injuries.

I think this will enhance the likelihood of renewing Roy Hodgson's contract if he wants to stay. He's spoken very highly of the under 18s this week which makes me think it may be set.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

:(

That sounds bad :(

Feel for him. Like he was a breath of fresh air in a stale Palace side. And took some of the burden off Zaha too. Hopefully returns as the same player with good potential as he was doing well this season. 

Many this season have been singing the praises of Mount & Foden who enjoy being at two of the bigger clubs. For me there is another young player who is every bit worthy of the praise, so the breaking news of today that Eberechi Eze has done his Achilles & maybe wont play again this year is terrible news for Palace & the young lad.

Eze got my vote for the best young player outside the big 4 clubs at my board & I am sure he was on many a clubs radar as a luxury player for the future. As we know with other players who have damaged ankles, it can be a bit of a crap shoot if they return to full fitness, so fingers crossed he does.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Many this season have been singing the praises of Mount & Foden who enjoy being at two of the bigger clubs. For me there is another young player who is every bit worthy of the praise, so the breaking news of today that Eberechi Eze has done his Achilles & maybe wont play again this year is terrible news for Palace & the young lad.

Eze got my vote for the best young player outside the big 4 clubs at my board & I am sure he was on many a clubs radar as a luxury player for the future. As we know with other players who have damaged ankles, it can be a bit of a crap shoot if they return to full fitness, so fingers crossed he does.

If he's out for the rest of the year then our rebuild just got a lot more difficult. He's been a breath of fresh air and would have been the focal point to anything we were aiming to build.

You couldn't make this up.

The two players bought in last summer to dramatically reduce the average age of the squad will not play again until 2022.

I think the task to overhaul this entire team is going to be too big for one summer. Looks like we could be paying the price next season for all those dismal transfer windows we had prior to last summer.

Never thought the day would come when I'd cheer over Benteke signing a new contract.

Interestingly, Andros Townsend said earlier this week that new contracts would not be issued until we know who the manager is. Makes me think its more likely Dyche or Nuno as opposed to Cooper or Ismael given the type of striker Benteke is.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

20210604_081114.thumb.jpg.cf2d4a0f6a6cc35c344ebcf01bec2686.jpg

Like Sunderland Til I Die but the opposite. A club expected to be in League One but ending up in the Premier League.

Does it document Zaha's wish to leave every summer?

Watching the doc on Amazon and Christ they've got a high opinion of Palace don't they? Comparing them to Arsenal in the 90s, Highbury/Emirates stadium compared to Selhurst etc...when there's probably more fans of Chelsea and Arsenal in South London than any specific South London team

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Watching the doc on Amazon and Christ they've got a high opinion of Palace don't they? Comparing them to Arsenal in the 90s, Highbury/Emirates stadium compared to Selhurst etc...when there's probably more fans of Chelsea and Arsenal in South London than any specific South London team

Leave it off, we're massive.

Norwich fans seem pretty downbeat about this. Given the track record they've developed with overseas players this seems like an astute acquisition on first glance. Traditionally we have struggled to accommodate players from overseas in to our starting xi but I'm hopeful that will change under a different coaching structure.