talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace Discussion

• Administrator

Superb footballing centre back and having watched Palace vs West Brom, badly needed. I wonder how he'll cope getting roughed up by the likes of Jon Walters. Ball playing centre backs are usually targeted and I hope he's ready for a few kickings. 

• 3 weeks later...

Timothy Fosu-Mensah has signed on loan for a season. Happy with that. As i've said before, there's some fantastic young players at sides like United and Chelsea who are not going to get an opportunity so it makes sense for clubs like ourselves to expose them to more first team football and then taking them for a Chalobah style cut price.

Sorry- Given how impressive Swansea were under Clement and Hull were under Silva, I reckon we would have been in real trouble sticking with Pardew who had clearly ran out of ideas, had a sub-standard coaching set up and lost the dressing room.

- Didn't foresee a left back problem? We had four transfer windows to replace Dean fucking Moxey.

- Pardew may have got Schlupp, but would he have been able to persuade Van Aanholt and Sakho to join us? I'm not too sure. I doubt he even knew who Luka was either.

On a side note, I'm not sold by this three at the back possession based football ethic that DeBoer is trying to introduce. He's got Townsend at right wing back, he's got Luka at center back, hes got our old fashioned defenders trying to pass the ball, he's made such an emphasis on bringing in defensive reinforcements we would be in real trouble if Zaha or Benteke got injured as the backup players are guaranteed to spend two thirds of the season injured. With our difficult fixtures and what happened last season I think it's all a bit ill timing to revert our playing policy that's been relatively successful.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

So he's injured for Swansea, Burnley and Southampton but he will be ready for City, United and Chelsea. This is going to be a long season.

Has there been confirmation from the club yet or is it just media speculation based on one tweet from a journalist who is supposed to be close to the club?

20 hours ago, Dan said:

How's Schlupp done for you?

He's a likeable player. Hasn't had any 'wtf' moments. All pace but not much technical ability at this level which is similar to what you guy says warned us. His best games are when we are in control. I think he will suit left wing back but Glue will get the nod ahead of him because hes more vocal and technically an all round more gifted player.

22 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Has there been confirmation from the club yet or is it just media speculation based on one tweet from a journalist who is supposed to be close to the club?

A lot of reports are suggesting it's true. Fans that are angry at Huddersfield's tactics of hard tackles and pressing early on really need to get a grip.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bargain in this market - although it's a pretty big fee considering everyone knew he wasn't going to get a second chance here and just rot in the U23s.

Why didn´t Klopp like him? Was it his passing? Sakho is probably better than Lovren and Klavan, right?

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Why didn´t Klopp like him? Was it his passing? Sakho is probably better than Lovren and Klavan, right?

No, it's because he's a twat. Behavioural issues last preseason led to him being frozen out, not even considered for selection when we had something of an injury crisis at CB, and ultimately sent on loan to Crystal Palace.

He's actually a pretty good passer of the ball for a centre back, although not a player you'd want to spend a lot of time on the ball.

• Upvote 1