talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace Discussion

18 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah that makes sense. You’re hopeful for Rob Edwards?

I think he's the one that ticks the most boxes that Steve Parish will look for in a new manager that's realistic. I think his promotion with Luton will put him ahead of Kieran McKenna and Michael Carrick in the preference order, and Luton's performance against us at Kenilworth Road was very reminiscent of what we were like in our first two seasons at this level.

Personally I don't think Graham Potter is realistic. He didn't want the job in the summer and nothing we have done since would make him think that we're capable of financially backing him to achieve what he'd want with the better players in our squad.

On 22/01/2024 at 07:09, The Palace Fan said:

Kevin Day on Price of Football Pod has alluded to news regarding John Textor and Crystal Palace likely to come out this week.

So this week POF were talking about the latest story that we've tasked the Raine Group to find funding for the cost of the inflation of the new stand (£45m).

Kevin said the original story he had heard was the Raine Group were potentially looking for buyers.

He pointed out its a little odd we're raising 45m when Harris and Blitzer are minted.

Maguire agreed and questioned why the Raine group would get involved for 45m when they charged United 31m for there services.

Maguire indicated it could be a smokescreen and that Palace 'are more up for sale' than other Premier League clubs.

They both think its iffy and thinks there's more than meets the eye.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's us relegated unless Everton and Forest get point deductions.

Doucoure out for the season, Olise out until April, waiting for updates on Marc Guehi and Ebere Eze.

Oh and the slight problem that nobody wants to manage us.

It's mental that after 11 years in this league our squad still looks so so poor and the owners thought we could get away with it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Phoned in sick on his last day. Fair.

52 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Really committed to it now as well.

Pleased to hear the update from Lewington that Roy seems to be OK - I really hope its not something which can be attributed to what must have been quite a stressful period with all the speculation about his job.

Its taken a bit of a shine off what looks like an exciting and impressive change to secure Glasner. I wonder what this means for Everton on Monday.

Either way just hoping for some more positive news on Roy's health.