talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace Discussion

• 6 months later...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-other-industry-is-asking-firms-to-bail-out-competitors-tqxf9vl2z

Steve Parish showing the empathy of a Tory here.

This is about protecting the pyramid of football from falling apart. Football clubs in small towns are the lifeblood of the community. They're what local people love and live for. I love everything he's done for my club but this is unprecedented times. No club could have budgeted for this circumstance and the footballing pyramid means far more than the wealth of the Premier League 20 clubs. If a global pandemic doesn't bring us closer together then nothing will.

Feet back on the floor Steve.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-other-industry-is-asking-firms-to-bail-out-competitors-tqxf9vl2z

Steve Parish showing the empathy of a Tory here.

This is about protecting the pyramid of football from falling apart. Football clubs in small towns are the lifeblood of the community. They're what local people love and live for. I love everything he's done for my club but this is unprecedented times. No club could have budgeted for this circumstance and the footballing pyramid means far more than the wealth of the Premier League 20 clubs. If a global pandemic doesn't bring us closer together then nothing will.

Feet back on the floor Steve.

Totally agree. 

• 2 weeks later...

This could actually be a smart move...

- Hennessey is injured and his contract expires this summer.

- Previously worked well with Roy Hodgson with PL and England experience.

- Better competition for Guaita.

- Guaita still hasn't signed a new contract.

We may have resolved an issue for next summer prior to it becoming an issue.

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

@The Palace Fan

Lovely bit of beef this morning.

I'm trying to think of a word I can use that perfectly describes what I think of those that regularly appear on Talksport in 2021 but all words are offensive to the point where id have to resign as a moderator if I used them.

Simon Jordan deserves a far better gig. Andros needs to concentrate on his football career instead of having 'banter' with that girl that giggles every other morning. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst there's no argument that Rangers are a bigger club, didn't this belter leave Rangers twice for Blackburn and Birmingham?

Neil Lennon and Alex McLeish went to Bolton and Brum?

Brendan Rodgers literally left Celtic early to go to Leicester.

I do think though it’s premature to assume Gerard will leave, with the success he’s had he will want multiple title winning sides and more cracks at European competition. Cannot imagine him joining Palace though seeing as they don’t have money to spend or the recruitment network that Leicester have

Our Under 18's have done the double over Chelsea on their quest to winning the under 18 South trophy.

Really hope there's a couple in this age group that can step up to the first team. It looks like we may lose two of them overseas already.

The lad who scored twice, David Omilabu, has recently signed his professional contract.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't have a problem with this approach to be honest. Players going on the beach was a big problem in the last ten games of last season. This year they'll have to earn a contract either here or elsewhere as opposed to coasting for the rest of the season. 

Absolutely, should be considered strange or poor from the club - the end of the season should be when this stuff should happen as doing it earlier (like you said) is basically an early ticket to the beach for some.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't have a problem with this approach to be honest. Players going on the beach was a big problem in the last ten games of last season. This year they'll have to earn a contract either here or elsewhere as opposed to coasting for the rest of the season. 

This is midtable mediocrity isn't it, if you have too many younger players with constant desire you might not have the experience to stay up. If you go with the players with that experience, once they've semi-achieved the goal they may start to switch off