talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace Discussion

With the potential quality of your strike force, Max would have been perfect for them if he had been given time together to bring the skills he possesses and if anyone is in doubt, just watch the You Tube set of his actions in Gelsenkirchen and his leadership of the German Olympic team which only lost the Gold on penalties after he scored the only goal in the final for them.  Not the sort of ineffective guy Roy has made him.  Sad really, because I thought that his move to be under Roy was a good one - now his next one - which will almost certainly come soon - will be important for the rest of his career!  Still nice to see Palace safely in the table at the moment!

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.950234758491794cc6cb5dbb1096693b.png

Speeding Christian Benteke banned from driving

A Premier League footballer repeatedly caught driving at twice the speed limit has been banned from the road.

Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke was pulled over twice for driving at more than 80mph (129km/h) in London.

Lavender Hill Magistrates' Court heard he was caught driving his Bentley on the same stretch of road in Putney.

Chair of the bench Pamela Stokes said the 28-year-old had "fallen far short of being a role model".

The Belgium international, of Kingston Hill, Surrey, admitted two offences on the A3.

FULL STORY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2019 at 17:18, The Palace Fan said:

I think it's fair to say that we need this takeover to happen pretty quickly. This makes concerning reading.IMG_20191221_175839.thumb.jpg.a151367ac9442be710c23e3e551dbee4.jpg

So an update on this graph:

Two players under 28 have gone.

Roy Hodgson wanted 4 or 5 more players. We have been left with one player less.

We need a new owner fast. I'm surprised Roy is putting up with this. 20 out of the 24 Chanpionship clubs have spent more than us in the last four transfer windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, True Blue said:

Genuine question, Zaha will most probably go in the summer. I highly doubt he will go for the 80 mill asking price. How much realistically can Palace get?

Personally as it is I think he’s worth around £40m. You’d think he’d score more goals at Arsenal as they won’t be as pegged back as Palace are, but his goal record has never really impressed me that much. He’s 27 now according to Wiki...not the youngster he used to be 

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2020 at 13:37, True Blue said:

Genuine question, Zaha will most probably go in the summer. I highly doubt he will go for the 80 mill asking price. How much realistically can Palace get?

I think we will settle around 60 million. We will push for north of that as Manchester United have a sell on fee of around 20%, hes a very influential player and the money is needed for rebuilding an ageing squad. 

The player quite clearly wants out. You dont acquire the services of Pini Zahavi for any other reason. What works in his favour is a lot of the top teams will want an offensive wide player. They just wont want to pay our asking price. I can see bids coming in around 40 million, wanting around 80 million, transfer requests coming in and it all getting very messy.

The whole "look at his attacking returns!1!" arguement is pretty redundant. He plays for one of the least offensive teams in Europe, the strikers he supplies are poor at this level, and the amount of times hes fouled in the last third is there for all to see. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I reckon he ends up at Everton after all.

Back to Manchester United? Plausible but I have my doubts.

Man City and Liverpool no chance.

Spurs have just signed Bergwijn and aren't exactly short in that position.

Arsenal having spent big on Pepe last year I doubt will do it.

Chelsea have just bought Ziyech and want Sancho.

The dark horse in this is actually potentially us.

Edited by Dan
  • Upvote 1

Whilst the Champions League football would be of interest, he wouldnt hire Pini Zahavi with the ambition to end up at Leicester City. Plus, you didn't get to the dance by spending a lot of money on 27 year olds. You could, and probably will, sign three players for the price that will be useful to your team.

Everton would be more appealing than last summer under Carlo Ancelotti. If they finish in a European position I can see him pushing for it. I read they may be under Hirving Lozano but given hes at Napoli that could br lazy journalism.

I can't see Liverpool or Man City paying the fee for a squad player, Arsenal have too many options in his position, Levy's negotiation strategy wouldnt be considered, he would fit in at Chelsea but I imagine he wouldnt be their first target, Bayern's loan offers can do one.

Manchester United would be the best fit. The front three of Rashford, Martial and Zaha with Bruno behind pulling the strings like a puppet master would set them up for ages. Unfortunately nobody really knows how dark the cloud is he left under.

On 06/03/2020 at 11:17, Stan said:

Hodgson signs new Palace deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51769824

It's for the best. Whilst the lack of faith in young players and style of football is frustrating, it has been effective for the previous two and a half years.

We are going to enter a forced period of transition over the next year so keeping an effective stable backroom team is crucial to ensure we remain out the bottom three 

11 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

3 goals and 3 assists in 28 games. Only one team would offer £60m for that and it's Manchester United :ph34r:

Look at that mad bit of skill he done yesterday to beat the defender in the box but then just places it into the keepers arms