talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to the match tonight. despite have 2 ST's, I don't go to a ton of matches since I have a daughter and it usually takes an hour to get there, and about 2 to leave. 

But I'm going today 😎

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I am going to the match tonight. despite have 2 ST's, I don't go to a ton of matches since I have a daughter and it usually takes an hour to get there, and about 2 to leave. 

But I'm going today 😎

i'll look out for you.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You'll be easy to spot then mate :ph34r:

Not many white hats :)

1 minute ago, Stan said:

i dare you. 

Ha - that would be class, but I am too freaking lazy for that. 

• Administrator

still no sign of @Eco

Toronto took a 1-0 lead just before half-time, totally against the run of play. 1 shot, 1 goal. Martinez and Almiron missed good chances before that goal.

Atlanta have just scored a penalty shortly after HT though to level it up. 7 in a row for Martinez!!

• Administrator

2-2 😮 

Just like in the first half, Toronto bag a late goal in the 2nd half just as 90th minute approaches.

The last 2 games between the two sides have ended 2-2 as well...

So, what to even say about today's game. 

This point, is almost as bad as a loss, and the blame is solely on Tata's shoulders.

Completely dominated the first half, possession in the upper 60's,  couple of solid chances, but in standard Atlanta fashion, Toronto get an easy goal in stoppage time. 

Well, second half was much better, as it was complete domination....Josef get's a PK chance which he converts to tie it up, followed later by a glancing header to have his second goal of the game. 

This is where Tata has GOT to change...

75th Minute, Tata subs off Josef for useless tit Romario Williams. From then on, Atlanta are in high gear as they continue to press more and more, but without the biggest threat on the field. Everyone was rushing, quickly trying to get that coveted 3rd goal....that is, until Atlanta give up another stoppage time goal and thus throwing away 2 points. 

No slowing down when up by 1, and subbing out our best player when we have 2 weeks off until our next match. This is what Tata was been doing recently, but this shit has got to go. When up by 1 in the 80th minute, hold onto possession longer. Don't take off your best player and only goal scorer recently when only up by 1 goal. 

But Toronto showed their true colors as after the match, some dumbass on their team swung on Pirez, hitting him in the face and getting a straight red, plus there are photos surfacing of Altidore grabbing Almiron by the throat without getting any cards. 

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8
Philadelphia Union vs Chicago Fire
Houston Dynamo vs LAFC

SATURDAY, AUGUST 11
Columbus Crew vs Houston Dynamo
New England Revolution vs Philadelphia Union
Chicago Fire vs New York RB
Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes
Real Salt Lake vs Montreal Impact
LA Galaxy vs Minnesota United
LAFC vs Sporting KC
Portland Timbers vs Vancourver Whitecaps

SUNDAY, AUGUST 12
Toronto FC vs New York City FC
DC United vs Orlando City
Seattle Sounders vs FC Dallas

Straight red for Orlando after an 'elbow' which looked 100% accidental. Unreal that it was reviewed with VAR, and harsh call on Higuita (ORL), who walks off the field in 'protest'. 

MLS at it's finest. 

Holy shit...Wayne Rooney may have just made a top 5 play of his career. Ran all the way back to tackle a guy on the break, and then ran it up field to pass it 40 yards to Acosta who scores the potential winner. UNFUCKING REAL from Rooney

• The title was changed to MLS Match Chat
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived