talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

DC United win 3-2. Orlando still bleeding goals. Their defense isn't worthy of the National League south. 

FC Dallas and Seattle starting now, last match of this weekend's fixtures. 

@Blue, you on and watching your boy? 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Eco said:

DC United win 3-2. Orlando still bleeding goals. Their defense isn't worthy of the National League south. 

FC Dallas and Seattle starting now, last match of this weekend's fixtures. 

@Blue, you on and watching your boy? 

I'm still in Canada mate so I'm a bit unplugged from football at the moment. I go back home tomorrow.

I hear Ruidiaz played well though.

19 hours ago, Eco said:

1-0 NYCFC. 

Altidore gets a straight red early for a stupid swipe at the ankle of a player. 

Alexander Callens got him the red. My brother was at this game and he told me that Callens was booed after that. I know we shouldn't be proud of provocative players but it really does add personality to the team and is a good way to win games. Just ask Chile and Uruguay.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Alexander Callens got him the red. My brother was at this game and he told me that Callens was booed after that. I know we shouldn't be proud of provocative players but it really does add personality to the team and is a good way to win games. Just ask Chile and Uruguay.

He was booed, but I think TOR fans have no one to blame by Altidore. The 'tackle' he did went to VAR and was soooooo bad that the ref really had no choice. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I'm still in Canada mate so I'm a bit unplugged from football at the moment. I go back home tomorrow.

I hear Ruidiaz played well though.

Canada does have electricity, cable, and televisions though... :ph34r:

I don't really get why Callens doesn't get his chance for Peru to be honest. He turned down Gareca once in 2016 and he was never considered again, but he plays every game for New York City and is pretty consistent. Now that Rodriguez is aging, I would have the CB pairing with him and Anderson Santamaria, which makes for a very good defence if you ask me. I'll be keen to see if he gets called up now by Gareca for the friendlies this upcoming month.

Just now, Marc said:

That was pretty fucking cool from Rooney and also an amazing header too. The bloke that score it is 5’3!!

It was awesome to watch as it happened. Also laughed a little with how little Rooney celebrated because he was so out of breath. 

• Administrator

first time I saw a clip of it I had no idea DC didn't have their keeper in goal (all I saw was Rooney running back, and not the corner).

Made it all the more brilliant from Rooney, especially in the last knockings of the game. That was good enough in itself and it's a peach of a ball to float it in on the guy's head to score the winner. Instant good karma!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

first time I saw a clip of it I had no idea DC didn't have their keeper in goal (all I saw was Rooney running back, and not the corner).

Made it all the more brilliant from Rooney, especially in the last knockings of the game. That was good enough in itself and it's a peach of a ball to float it in on the guy's head to score the winner. Instant good karma!

Yes, it was great to see Rooney doing that for a team that won't be making the playoffs, playing another shit team that won't make the playoffs, in a game that meant little to neutrals. 

TUESDAY, AUGUST 14
LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15
DC United vs Portland Timbers
LAFC vs Real Salt Lake

SATURDAY, AUGUST 18
Seattle Sounders vs LA Galaxy
Philadelphia Union vs New York City FC
Vancouver Whitecaps vs New York Red Bulls
Montreal Impact vs Chicago Fire
FC Dallas vs Minnesota United
Sporting KC vs Portland Timbers