talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half of extra time and Seattle after immediately conceding pegged back and now its 3-2. Thankfully, away goals don't count in extra time, so even if it ends like this, the Sounders still have a crack at the sandwich with penalties.

Seattle are out.

Raul Ruidiaz buried his penalty, and then the next 2 missed them. Somehow the 4th lad managed to score even though he had the worst run up of them all. Lodeiro I'm guessing was the 5th kicker. However, Portland showed over the 180 minutes that they are by far the better team. Ruidiaz was literally bailing out the Sounders. 3 goals + converted his penalty, he did what he could. 

Also, I wanted to go back on the 5th penalty thing, but having your best taker as the 5th makes no sense. It's not always a guarantee you'll get to the 5th kick, so I think having them as 4th or 3rd makes more sense.

Just me who thinks the conference titles and celebrations are absolutely tinpot? 

It's like if you have Real Madrid a trophy for winning in the UCL semi-final.

47 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just me who thinks the conference titles and celebrations are absolutely tinpot? 

It's like if you have Real Madrid a trophy for winning in the UCL semi-final.

The issue is in such a large country where they're trying to grow the sport with a wage cap how do you keep everybody motivated? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived