• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Eco said:

Would love to somehow see a Houston win, DC win, Timbers win, and a Dallas win tonight :twothumbsup:

Got only 1 out of 4 correct with the Timbers winning 2-0 against Toronto. 

With the 3 points, NYRB move back into First Place in the East. 

UPCOMING MLS FIXTURES

September 5, Wednesday
New York City FC vs New England Revolution

September 8, Saturday
New York City FC vs DC United
Sporting KC vs Orlando City SC
Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
DC United vs Minnesota United FC

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
Colorado Rapids vs Atlanta United
Philadelphia Union vs Montreal Impact
Toronto FC vs LA Galaxy
FC Dallas vs Columbus Crew
Houston Dynamo vs Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake vs Minnesota United
Vancouver Whitecaps vs Seattle Sounders
LAFC vs New England
San Jose vs Sporting KC

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
DC United vs New York Red Bulls
Chicago Fire vs Orlando CIty SC

Andy Polo scores his first goal for Portland, and also gets an assist. I've been watching him recently and he's actually looked a lot better than I remember him, so it was only time he got his reward for all his hard work. Portland up 3-1 right now.

As for the other Peruvian, Ruidiaz got taken off due to a knock. Didn't look serious, but it is a real shame as he was looking superb today.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruidiaz scored another brace. 

Its incredible that his last 3 teams (Seattle, Monarcas, Universitario) have or had a complete overreliance on him. Especially given he's always struggled with hold up play. If you have a good understanding of his movements, you're in goal heaven.

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Too inconsistent for a top league. Will score a brace or hat trick versus non-title contenders to make up for his inconsistency and limitations against the good teams.

Blah blah blah about his goal tally but how come he didn't upgrade like Castillo, Javier H., Raul Jimenez, Lozano, Jackson Martinez, and many more.. you speak wonders of him but even fucking bosenjour(sp?  ) Made it to Europe from Mexico :rofl:

Maybe because he's 28 now and the others you mentioned left below 25?

"Limitations" against the good teams. You mean how he scored against every team in the Liga MX?

22 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Most Professional scouts put aside any bias and look at the bigger picture. After the season he had with U averaging a goal per game, a team like Porto psv or benfica would of taken the chance after his first season with Monarcas... Jaguares bought Jackson for peanuts (about half a mil) and it didn't take them long to cash in big time. The Peruvian doesn't even come close to Jackson or Niko Castillo but it's more than just talent, Chileans are proven unlike Peruvians and I believe many European teams fear that the pressure would be to much and not worth the risk...         

Its not bias from scouts... it's just that its risky to buy players from the America's if they are over 26. With Ruidiaz, there was no potential to play with. He's peaking now and honestly there is no point of a European team buying him. I'm not saying it's not possible, but just that Europeans prefer younger players and not short terms that won't improve the club unless they are missing that position. Also that Mexican teams are annoying to do business with.

I don't know if Raul is good enough for Europe. What I do know however is that he's easily one of the best forwards in North America at the moment. Off the top of my head, only Josef Martinez, Gignac and Ibrahimovic are better.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived