Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Cannabis

MLS Match Chat

48 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The personification of a bubble being well and truly burst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

The personification of a bubble being well and truly burst. 

:D

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdc291d6d69487949

After the excellent impact he has had its somewhat poetic justice that Rooney missed a penalty to end DC United's season.

Ruidiaz is carrying Seattle in every way imaginable.

Talk about Rooney all you want but Ruidiaz is the real deal. His goalscoring mentality is like no other.

Ah, bugger. Portland take the lead. 2-1. 

Can't be bothered to score the rest but I do hope Ruidiaz bags another. Without him this team has no firepower. Just supportive players.

31 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ruidiaz is carrying Seattle in every way imaginable.

Talk about Rooney all you want but Ruidiaz is the real deal. His goalscoring mentality is like no other.

Bold claim.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Bold claim.

In North America I should add.

Yet no titles xD let's not pretend Seattle wasn't one of the best teams in the league. Gignac shits all over him .(I would take Jonathan Rodriguez from Uruguay ahead of that limited Peruvian) 

Edited by Teso dos Bichos

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yet no titles xD let's not pretend Seattle wasn't one of the best teams in the league. Gignac shits all over him .(I would take Jonathan Rodriguez from Uruguay ahead of that limited Peruvian) 

Christ, Ruidiaz could score 100 goals in 3 years and he still wouldn't convince you.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Atlanta have a playoff advantage. Thank God.

Is it 2 legs? The MLS playoff system confuses me as much as the A-League. Some games are 1 legged, others are not.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

let's not pretend Seattle wasn't one of the best teams in the league.

Also, this is a terrible argument. Ruidiaz is literally carrying Seattle. They have lost I think 2 or 3 games with Ruidiaz on the pitch, without Raul, they have lost a lot more. So much to the point they were way behind the playoff spot before he joined.

Seattle aren't one of the best teams in the league. Even with Ruidiaz they aren't. However, they are closer to that with him.

Inter Miami: David Beckham MLS franchise wins vote on stadium plans

14 minutes ago | Football

45555171_10156841219737855_8186783801679

David Beckham's hopes of building a new stadium for his Inter Miami franchise in the MLS moved a step closer to being realized after a vote by residents.

About 60% of the city's voters opted to allow the club to negotiate to build on 73-acre site that is currently a council-owned golf course.

The complex would house a stadium, shopping mall, hotel, and public park.

Beckham's group now has to get the backing of four of the city's five commissioners.

"I need to say a big thanks to the fans who have stuck by us," said former England captain Beckham.

"Today is an exciting day. We have had a dream of bringing a team to this great city. We want to create a legacy, something our children will aspire to.

"But we also want to win. I am not coming here just to have a pretty team. Winning championships [is] important to me."

Inter Miami are scheduled to make their MLS debut in 2020 after being awarded an expansion contract in January.

Ruidiaz scores again.

Literally the only player on Seattle who knows how to bag goals.

Tremendous mistake from the keeper, but if you make those mistakes against Raul, he will punish you.

Honestly - if you are going to leave Ruidiaz that open, you are asking for trouble.

Golazo

First half of extra time and Seattle after immediately conceding pegged back and now its 3-2. Thankfully, away goals don't count in extra time, so even if it ends like this, the Sounders still have a crack at the sandwich with penalties.

Goes to penalties. You've got this Seattle!

Haha it seemed like the rules were clear - Portland celebrating the win when they actually need to go to penalties. 

Seattle are out.

Raul Ruidiaz buried his penalty, and then the next 2 missed them. Somehow the 4th lad managed to score even though he had the worst run up of them all. Lodeiro I'm guessing was the 5th kicker. However, Portland showed over the 180 minutes that they are by far the better team. Ruidiaz was literally bailing out the Sounders. 3 goals + converted his penalty, he did what he could. 

Also, I wanted to go back on the 5th penalty thing, but having your best taker as the 5th makes no sense. It's not always a guarantee you'll get to the 5th kick, so I think having them as 4th or 3rd makes more sense.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Red Bull versus Atlanta should make a good final.

Red Bull are scum. 

8-0 Atlanta plz.

70,526 went to watch Atlanta against New York City FC in the semi-finals. I hope our much missed friend @Eco was there.

Just me who thinks the conference titles and celebrations are absolutely tinpot? 

It's like if you have Real Madrid a trophy for winning in the UCL semi-final.

47 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just me who thinks the conference titles and celebrations are absolutely tinpot? 

It's like if you have Real Madrid a trophy for winning in the UCL semi-final.

The issue is in such a large country where they're trying to grow the sport with a wage cap how do you keep everybody motivated?