talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Huge game - hate that they play in Yankee stadium. Narrow fields don't suit us well.

same. hate that they play on a baseball pitch as well. just looks wrong and disjointed.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

same. hate that they play on a baseball pitch as well. just looks wrong and disjointed.

notice on one side of the field you have 3-5 feet of space, while on the other you have 20-30 ft. Just looks stupid.

I had friends go there before and they say the seats are horrendous.

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

notice on one side of the field you have 3-5 feet of space, while on the other you have 20-30 ft. Just looks stupid.

I had friends go there before and they say the seats are horrendous.

yeah exactly.

how come they don't have their own stadium, being as big a club as they are?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

yeah exactly.

how come they don't have their own stadium, being as big a club as they are?

Not entirely sure. Reality price, lack of decent location in such a dense city?

It's stupid for sure, and it shouldn't be allowed.

• Administrator

not looking good with Martinez getting injured badly, in addition to Almiron getting injured early on too.

Luckily Almiron could continue. Doesn't look like the case for Martinez :( 

Fun fact, NYC FC's goalie is from the same city as me, and actually went to our rival high school. My sophomore year we played them in the State Finals, and their goalie was Sean Johnson. I personally didn't score, but the final score of 2-2, and it was ended in draw.

Yes, we shared a championship with them.

0-0 at Half-Time. NYC looks a lot better today, so hopefully this turns around in the second half.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fun fact, NYC FC's goalie is from the same city as me, and actually went to our rival high school. My sophomore year we played them in the State Finals, and their goalie was Sean Johnson. I personally didn't score, but the final score of 2-2, and it was ended in draw.

Yes, we shared a championship with them.

0-0 at Half-Time. NYC looks a lot better today, so hopefully this turns around in the second half.

yeah they mentioned he was from Georgia in commentary. How do you rate him compared to back then?

In most MLS matches I've seen, matches have come to life in the 2nd half after somewhat tentative first halves. Hopefully this is the case today. Good defences on both sides though make it difficult. 

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah they mentioned he was from Georgia in commentary. How do you rate him compared to back then?

In most MLS matches I've seen, matches have come to life in the 2nd half after somewhat tentative first halves. Hopefully this is the case today. Good defences on both sides though make it difficult. 

Better, but back then we was an absolute stud. Outside of Howard a few years ago, I would go as far as to suggest he is the best American keeper.

• Administrator

and there's the equaliser. Can't really say NYCFC haven't deserved it. They've been on fire this 2nd half but only had Guzan stopping them. A goal from a set-piece levels it up. 

Told you games come to life in the 2nd half!

Oh hell - we somehow survive that onslaught. Taken a point from the best home team in the league, plus Josef extending his lead on top of the charts. I'd say that was a productive result.

Well done Atlanta. Hopefully Miggy isn't hurt too bad.

Very interesting and honest interview there from Tata. When asked how he feels about being the first team to take a point from NY at home, he said, "They deserved to win, but with Guzan and our determination, we were lucky to get the point'.

Love honesty in managers. :congrats:

• Administrator

yeah called that right. They dominated 2nd half and if you're a NYCFC fan you'd be gutted you've not come away with 3 points. Guzan had a great game. 

June 13, 2018
Columbus Crew vs Atlanta United
Montreal Impact vs Orlando City SC
New York RB vs Seattle Sounders
Toronto FC vs DC United
Colorado Rapids vs Chicago Fire
San Jose Earthquakes vs New England Revolution

Atlanta United’s Almiron uncertain for Columbus game

042918%20Atl%20United%20CC3.JPG

Atlanta United manager Gerardo Martino wasn’t sure on Monday if Miguel Almiron will play in  Wednesday’s pivotal MLS Eastern Conference game at Columbus. However, he strongly indicated that Almiron will return for the U.S. Open Cup match against Chicago next Wednesday.

Almiron sustained an injury to his left shoulder during the second minute of Saturday’s 1-1 draw at NYCFC. Almiron played with the injury during the rest of the half and was subbed out at the start of the second half.

“Luckily, we don’t think it’s anything serious but because there are four days between games we are going to evaluate the risks and see if we can count on him in the next game,” Martino said.

Asked if he is considering resting Almiron until the next league game against Portland on June 24, Martino said he doesn’t think he would not play him that long, pointing to the  the U.S. Open Cup game on June 20 against Chicago at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

“That’s a clue,” he said.

Almiron is building an MVP season with six goals and six assists in helping the Five Stripes lead MLS in points (30). Columbus is third in the East with 27 points.

Almiron trained before the team on Monday. It’s common for Atlanta United’s injured players to do that.

If Almiron can’t play, Martino said Kevin Kratz or Brandon Vazquez could fill in his spot.

Martino said that striker Hector Villalba (hyperextended knee)  is healthy and can be selected for Wednesday’s game. Defender Chris McCann (hamstring) is out.

Leandro Gonzalez Pirez said Almiron is in good spirits, but is never happy when he’s not playing.

Good news coming out of Atlanta

The streak of bad playing is continuing. Passes are off, not able to hold onto possession, then both Barco and Gressell are losing the ball too easily.

Ambrose and Parkhurst already with a yellow card.

• The title was changed to MLS Match Chat
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived