talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Saturday 3rd March, 2018

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moyes football manager defence falling to pieces.

It was a glum period when Moyes, Allardyce and Pardew all got jobs despite being old and all being shit multiple times. I wish them and their clubs failure. Everton going down seems unlikely, but the other two going down would be great.

• Subscriber

Got out of jail thanks to that man again.

Pretty poor performance yet again. First half was an absolute joke and we were lucky it was only 0-1. Individual quality pinched us a point. I'm worried that Puel's going to end up going down the same path as previous - a good start but it slowly unravels and he ends up getting the boot and the cycle repeats. Really do fear that's what we've become. I can't explain how we've gone from playing football as good as the title winning season for a while to playing like this. It's following a theme like Southampton last year where they just couldn't buy a win at home. That's Stoke, Bournemouth and Swansea all in a row who've left here with something.

We don't deserve to be near Europe this year.

No doubt what so ever that Pardew gets binned Monday morning and they bounce back and beat us next week.

• Subscriber

Sense a lot of our fans turning on Puel. I'm not at that stage yet but you've got to ask serious questions of our form.

Since we won at Southampton...

Palace H - 0-3 loss
Man Utd H - 2-2 draw
Watford A - 2-1 loss
Liverpool A - 2-1 loss
Huddersfield H - 3-0 win
Chelsea A - 0-0 draw
Watford H - 2-0 win
Everton A - 2-1 loss
Swansea H - 1-1 draw
Man City A - 5-1 loss
Stoke H - 1-1 draw
Bournemouth H - 1-1 draw

That's absolutely dire. 2 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats, with 3 of the draws coming at home to Stoke, Swansea and Bournemouth. Defeats at horribly out of form Everton and Watford sides and a shoeing by a Palace side that hadn't scored away in months.

There isn't a side in the league I have any faith in us to beat at the minute.

I feel like we're stuck in a transition under him, but when you play like this, it's hard to justify making that transition.

No idea how Iborra's been frozen out almost completely. He's better than James. We're at a serious risk of not being able to get Dragovic signed up permanently this summer too. He's better than Morgan but Morgan walks back in as soon as he's fit. He's 34 years old and we've got the long-term replacement staring at him in the face.

• Subscriber

Me and my Everton supporting mate made a £50 bet in December over who comes higher of the two. Today we both called it off because we both agree we're both pathetic.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dan said:

Me and my Everton supporting mate made a £50 bet in December over who comes higher of the two. Today we both called it off because we both agree we're both pathetic.

Everyone below 6th is pathetic but you lot at least haven't spent the ridiculous sums of money we have so we're the most pathetic in the league really apart from possible Southampton and Stoke. Other teams have excuses to be shit.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Everyone below 6th is pathetic but you lot at least haven't spent the ridiculous sums of money we have so we're the most pathetic in the league really apart from possible Southampton and Stoke. Other teams have excuses to be shit.

We haven't spent the money you have but we have probably spent the most after you and the top 6, and yet forever it's our low money buys who bail us out.

• Subscriber

ITK on our forum (who called the Mahrez to Man City fallout before it happened) reckons if we'd not got equalisers this week or last Puel would be on seriously thin ice.

I'm getting a bit concerned again here. I think if we booted him despite some of his shortcomings we'd have an unquestionable reputation as a loose cannon.

He's got a lot wrong lately but he doesn't deserve the sack.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived